Premier League Opta Facts - 3-5 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bolton Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur
- Spurs have only won one of their 10 Premier league visits to Bolton.
- Kevin Davies has scored four goals in his last five appearances against Spurs at the Reebok.
- Spurs have kept only one clean sheet in their last 14 Premier League away trips.
- Bolton have kept just three clean sheets in their last 32 Premier League outings.
- 15 points after seven Premier League games marks Spurs' best ever start to a Premier League campaign.
- Spurs have won only one of their last 15 Premier League trips to the north west.
Burnley v Birmingham City
- None of the last seven league meetings between Burnley and Birmingham has ended in a home win.
- Birmingham are unbeaten in their last five league trips to Turf Moor, wining two and drawing three.
- There have only been seven goals in the last six league meetings between Burnley and Birmingham at Turf Moor.
- Burnley have won nine matches on the trot in the league at home (including play-off games).
- The Clarets have kept seven clean sheets in their last nine league matches at Turf Moor.
- Birmingham's Premier League games this season have averaged 1.4 goals per game - in the rest of the league the average has been 3.3 per game.
Hull City v Wigan Athletic
- It is 21 Premier League games since Hull scored more than one goal in a Premier League match.
- Only Derby in 2007-08 had conceded more goals than the Tigers have this season after seven games of the campaign.
- Hull have won just one of their last 14 home games in the Premier League.
- Five of Hull's six Premier League goals have come in the first half and the latest was netted in the 61st minute.
- Wigan have conceded more goals after seven games played than in any of their previous four Premier League campaigns and their goals scored tally is a joint-low, but they have more points than in three of the other seasons after seven games.
- The Tigers have committed the most fouls (111) and picked up the most yellow cards (16) in the top flight.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Portsmouth
- Both of the previous Premier League meetings between Wolves and Pompey have finished 0-0.
- Wolves have failed to score in the last three league games against Portsmouth.
- The last five meetings between Portsmouth and Wolves at Molineux have all been draws.
- Wolves have never lost a Premier League game in October - W2 D1.
- Portsmouth have lost their opening seven league games - the first team to do so in Premier League history.
- Pompey have now lost 11 of their last 13 Premier League matches and the last eight in a row.
- Paul Hart's side have failed to score in 10 of their last 13 Premier League matches.
Manchester United v Sunderland
- United have won 11 and drawn three of the last 14 league meetings with Sunderland since the Black Cats last won against Sir Alex Ferguson's side in March 1997.
- Sunderland's last win at Old Trafford came in May 1968 when they won 2-1 a few weeks before Man Utd lifted the European Cup.
- Darren Bent has scored eight goals in his last nine Premier League starts.
- Steve Bruce's men have won only one of their last 13 away games in the top flight.
- Sir Alex Ferguson has won 10 and drawn two of the 12 meetings with former skipper Steve Bruce as opposing coaches.
- United have taken 70 points from a possible 81 in 27 league games in 2009.
Arsenal v Blackburn Rovers
- The Gunners beat Blackburn 4-0 home and away last season.
- Robin van Persie has scored eight goals in seven appearances in all competitions against Rovers.
- Paul Robinson has conceded 41 Premier League goals in his last 14 league games against Arsenal.
- Rovers have lost their last seven league games in a row on the road.
- Manchester United are the only team to have stopped Arsenal scoring in their last 17 Premier League matches.
- Arsenal have had 11 different scorers this season - more than any other team.
Everton v Stoke City
- Everton won both league meetings against Stoke last season, scoring three times one each occasion.
- The Toffees have won eight of their last nine matches with Stoke in all competitions, drawing the other.
- Everton have won nine and lost just two of their last 13 Premier League games at home.
- Louis Saha has scored seven goals in his last seven Premier League matches.
- The Potters have conceded two goals or more in 15 of their 22 Premier League away games.
- Eight of the nine goals that Stoke have conceded this term in the league have come in the 45th minute or later.
West Ham United v Fulham
- Fulham have won only three out of 37 Premier League London derbies away from home.
- The Whites have only once beaten the Hammers in the Premier League - in their first meeting in the competition in November 2001.
- Fulham have never failed to score at Upton Park in the Premier League.
- Gianfranco Zola's men have lost four of their last five league home matches.
- Fulham have lost four of their last five league clashes.
- Carlton Cole has scored three goals in his last five league outings - the Hammers have lost each time he has found the net this season.
Chelsea v Liverpool
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 14 Premier League home games since losing to Arsenal in November 2008.
- Fernando Torres has scored nine goals in his last eight Premier League matches.
- The Reds have scored 56 goals in their last 18 Premier League matches since they last failed to find the net (v Middlesbrough in February).
- Liverpool have drawn only one of their last 19 Premier League matches.
- Liverpool have scored 22 and conceded 10 goals in the league this season - both record highs for the club after seven Premier League matches.
- Only two of the seven teams who have had 18 points or more after seven Premier League games have gone on to win the title - one of those was Chelsea though in 2005-06.
Aston Villa v Manchester City
- Aston Villa's 4-2 home win over City last season ended a run of five league matches without a win against the Citizens at Villa Park.
- Manchester City have only once failed to score in their last 10 visits to Villa Park.
- The Clarets have won four of their last five matches at home in the top flight, keeping a clean sheet in each win.
- Martin O'Neil's side have failed to find the net in just one of their last 14 league outings.
- Gabby Agbonlahor, who grabbed a hat-trick in this fixture last season, has scored in each of his last five outings in all competitions.
- Both sides have conceded just twice in the first half of their top-flight matches in the current campaign - a league-low.