Premier League Opta Facts – January 21st-22nd
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Premier League Opta Facts -January 21st - 22nd
Norwich City v Chelsea
- Chelsea have won the last five meetings with Norwich in all competitions scoring at least three goals in each game.
- There have been exactly four goals scored in each of those last five meetings.
- The Canaries haven't kept a clean sheet in their 10 Premier League games at Carrow Road this season.
- Chelsea have won five of their last 12 Premier League away games (W5 D3 L4).
- Frank Lampard's last four league goals have all turned draws into wins by a single-goal margin.
- 41% of the goals Norwich have scored have been headers, the highest proportion in the top flight.
- Norwich have also conceded the lowest percentage of goals from headers (11%).
- Chelsea have picked up the most cards in the Premier League this season (48 yellow, three reds).
- Chelsea have won the joint-highest proportion of aerial duels in the Premier League (58%).
- The Blues have lost just one of their last nine Premier League matches (W5 D3 L1).
- Chelsea have drawn 99 Premier League away games.
Everton v Blackburn Rovers
- Everton have won four of their last five Premier League games against Rovers.
- The Toffees have scored a penalty in three of their last four Premier League games against Rovers.
- Blackburn have failed to score in four of their last six Premier League games against the Toffees.
- There has been a 90th minute winner scored in three of the last seven league meetings between Everton and Blackburn.
- Everton have won only two of their last seven Premier League matches at Goodison Park (W2 D1 L4) and scored just five goals in that run.
- Rovers' victory over Man Utd last time out ended a run of nine Premier League games on the road without a win (D5 L4).
- Blackburn have scored in their last 12 Premier League away games since their last blank which came at Goodison Park in April 2011.
- Rovers have kept just one clean sheet in their last 29 Premier League away games.
- Victor Anichebe has scored in his two appearances as a substitute this season.
- Blackburn have dropped the most points from winning positions in the Premier League this season (14).
Fulham v Newcastle United
- The last five matches between Fulham and Newcastle at Craven Cottage have been won by a single-goal margin.
- Fulham have won three of their last four Premier League home matches and three of those games have been played against teams in the top seven of the table.
- Newcastle have kept just one clean sheet in their last eight Premier League away trips.
- The Magpies have conceded 52% of their goals from set pieces, the highest percentage in the top division.
- Newcastle have kept three clean sheets in their last four Premier League matches.
- Half of Newcastle's 30 Premier League goals have been scored by Demba Ba who will miss this match as he is at the African Cup of Nations.
- After seeing his Spurs side win the first two games against Newcastle, Martin Jol suffered four straight defeats against the Magpies as Tottenham manager in the Premier League.
- Jol was sacked as Tottenham boss after defeat to Newcastle in October 2007.
- Fulham have drawn 49 games 0-0 in Premier League history.
- Newcastle have won just one of their last five Premier League away games in London (W1 D2 L2).
Queens Park Rangers v Wigan Athletic
- There have only been six goals scored over the last five meetings between Wigan and QPR.
- Rangers have failed to score in three of the last four matches against the Latics.
- Wigan and QPR have met seven times in the past with two wins each and three draws.
- QPR have taken just one point from the last 15 available in the Premier League at Loftus Road.
- Wigan have gone nine away games without a clean sheet but have lost just one of their last four away matches (W2 D1 L1).
- QPR have dropped more points from winning positions at home than any other Premier League side (10).
- Wigan have recovered the most points from losing positions away from home this season (7).
- 39% of the goals Wigan have scored have come from outside the box, a higher percentage than any other team.
- Wigan have netted the highest proportion of goals of any team in the 15 minutes leading up to half-time (44%).
- The Latics have conceded 273 fouls this season, more than any other team in the Premier League, while QPR (266) have been fouled more often than any other team.
Stoke City v West Bromwich Albion
- Stoke City scored from their only shot on target when they beat West Brom 1-0 at the Hawthorns back in August.
- Stoke have won eight and lost none of their last 10 league meetings with the Baggies.
- Five of the nine goals scored in the last five meetings between Stoke and West Brom have been netted in the last 10 minutes of the match.
- Stoke have won two, drawn two and lost two of their last six Premier League home games.
- West Brom have kept just one clean sheet in their last 29 Premier League away matches.
- 60% of the goals West Brom have scored have come in the first half, the highest proportion of any team in the league.
- Stoke have conceded the highest percentage of goals in the first half in the Premier League (55%).
- The Potters have scored the highest percentage of goals from set pieces in the top flight (55%).
- Stoke have the worst shooting accuracy in the Premier League hitting the target with just 34% of their efforts.
- Tony Pulis' side have won the joint-highest proportion of aerial duels in the Premier League (58%).
Sunderland v Swansea City
- Swansea are unbeaten in the last seven games against Sunderland winning four and drawing three. The Wearsiders last win against the Swans came in April 1964.
- Sunderland have lost just one of their last eight matches at the Stadium of Light (W3 D4 L1).
- Swansea have failed to score in half of their 10 Premier League away games.
- Swansea have lost just one of their last seven Premier League matches (W3 D3 L1).
- 33% of the goals Sunderland have conceded have been headers, the highest proportion in the top flight.
- Angel Rangel has averaged more touches per 90 minutes (97) than any other player in the Premier League.
- Swansea's woodwork has been struck 14 times, more often than any other team.
- Nathan Dyer has scored in his last three appearances for Swansea in all competitions, including his last two away games.
- Ashley Williams has blocked more opposition shots than any other player in the Premier League (28).
- Only Wigan (39%) have scored a higher proportion of goals from outside the box than Sunderland (30%) and half of those netted by the Black Cats have been direct free kicks.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Aston Villa
- Only one of the seven Premier League meetings between Wolves and Villa has ended as a home win and that was the very first encounter.
- Matt Jarvis scored in both games against Villa last season.
- Wolves have gone nine Premier League games at Molineux without a clean sheet.
- Aston Villa are unbeaten in their last four Premier League games away from home (W2 D2).
- Steven Fletcher has scored seven goals in his last nine Premier League starts.
- Aston Villa have won just one of their last six Premier League matches (W1 D2 L3).
- Wolves have recouped 10 points from losing positions this season, more than any other Premier League team.
- Wolves are the only team in the Premier League without a goal from outside the box this season.
- Wayne Hennessey has made a save every 18 minutes this season, more often than any other goalkeeper.
- Wolves have allowed the opposition more shots on target against them than any other Premier League side (149).
Bolton Wanderers v Liverpool
- Liverpool have won the last 10 Premier League games in a row against Bolton.
- Bolton have won just one of their last 12 Premier League matches at the Reebok Stadium (W1 D1 L10).
- The Trotters have kept just one clean sheet in their last 13 matches on home soil.
- Liverpool have failed to score in three of their last four Premier League away games.
- Since beating Fulham 5-2 last May, Liverpool have played 11 away games in the Premier League scoring two goals in five games and failing to score in six.
- Stewart Downing has fired in more shots without a goal than any other Premier League player this season (47).
- Bolton have hit the target with a higher percentage of shots than any other team in the top flight (55%).
- Liverpool have scored with just 8% of their attempts at goal, a lower proportion than any other team in the top flight.
- The Reds have missed three of the four penalties that they have taken this season in the Premier League.
- Liverpool have won more corners than any other team in the Premier League (188).
- Liverpool have drawn 99 Premier League away games.
Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur
- Manchester City have only won five of the 29 Premier League games against Tottenham, but have triumphed in the last two meetings (W5 D5 L19).
- City scored more goals at White Hart Lane in August (5) than they had managed against Spurs in the previous six games put together (3).
- Man City have taken 58 points from a possible 60 in their last 20 Premier League games on home soil and won the last 15 in a row.
- Roberto Mancini's side have conceded just six goals in their last 17 home league games and never more than once in a game in that run.
- Tottenham have lost just one of their last nine Premier League away matches (W6 D2 L1).
- Spurs have kept just one clean sheet in their last eight Premier League away games.
- Man City have lost their last two home matches; they haven't lost three on the trot at home in all competitions since March 2007.
- Just 5% of the goals Spurs have scored have been headers, the lowest proportion in the top division.
- Samir Nasri has created a scoring chance for team-mates every 24 minutes, a more regular rate than any other player.
- Gareth Bale has assisted seven goals in the Premier League this season; more than in his previous four Premier League seasons put together (6).
Arsenal v Manchester United
- Arsenal allowed Manchester United 14 shots on target against them in their 2-8 defeat back in August, the joint-most they have allowed in a Premier League game in the last five years.
- Wayne Rooney has scored six goals in his last six appearances against Arsenal in all competitions and has also missed a penalty in that time.
- Rooney scored his first Premier League goal, his first Premier League goal for Man Utd, his 100th Premier League goal and his 150th goal for Man Utd in all competitions against Arsenal.
- Man Utd have won seven and lost one of their last nine matches against Arsenal in all competitions.
- Arsenal have won three and lost only one of the five league meetings with Manchester United at the Emirates, although the Red Devils also won their meeting there in the Champions League too.
- Thierry Henry scored seven goals in eight home appearances against Manchester United.
- Henry's last goal at the Emirates in the Premier League was a last-minute winner against the Red Devils.
- Arsenal have only scored more than once in four of their last 16 Premier League games at the Emirates and netted just 20 in total over those matches.
- The Gunners have won none of their last 10 Premier League games with Mike Dean as the referee (W0 D5 L5).
- Arsenal have dropped eight points from winning positions in their last four Premier League matches.
- Man Utd have gained just one point from behind this season, fewer than any other team.