Premier League Opta Facts - 4-5 January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Blackpool v Birmingham City
- Only one of the last 14 meetings in all competitions between Blackpool and Birmingham has ended as an away win.
- Blackpool have won 11 and lost none of their last 15 home games against Birmingham City in all competitions.
- Birmingham have won none and lost nine of their last 14 Premier League away matches.
- Alex McLeish's side have kept only two clean sheets in their last 18 Premier League away games.
- Blackpool haven't kept a clean sheet at home in the Premier League, but no visiting side has stopped them from scoring.
Fulham v West Bromwich Albion
- None of the nine Premier League meetings between Fulham and West Brom have ended as an away win.
- Fulham have won all four Premier League home meetings with West Brom
- West Brom have only won three out of 26 Premier league games away from home in London.
- West Brom have won just one of their last seven Premier league away matches.
- The Baggies have gone 10 away games without a clean sheet in the Premier League.
- West Brom are the only Premier League side not to have picked up a point since Christmas.
- Fulham have conceded the fewest goals in the second half of Premier League matches this season (eight) but have scored the fewest as well (nine).
Manchester United v Stoke City
- Man Utd have won all five Premier League games against Stoke City.
- No opposition player has scored more goals at Old Trafford than Eidur Gudjohnsen (3).
- Stoke have won none and lost nine of their last 10 trips to Old Trafford in all competitions.
- There have been six goals scored in the last 10 minutes in the last five Premier League matches between Stoke and Man Utd.
- Man Utd have won 19 and lost just one of their last 21 Premier League matches at Old Trafford.
- Man Utd haven't conceded a first half goal at Old Trafford in the Premier League since Joe Cole scored in April for Chelsea.
- Stoke have never won back to back away games in the Premier League.
- Five of Javier Hernandez's eight goals for Man Utd in all competitions have come as a substitute.
Arsenal v Manchester City
- City have only scored five goals in 13 Premier League away games against Arsenal and none in their last three visits to the Emirates.
- City have won none of their last 27 away games against Arsenal in all competitions - their last win a 3-2 league win in October 1975.
- City have won four and lost none of their last five Premier League away matches.
- Man City have conceded exactly one goal in their last four Premier League away matches.
- Arsenal have won back-to-back home matches for the third time in the league this season, but are yet to win three on the bounce.
- No side has kept more clean sheets in the Premier League this season than Manchester City (10).
- The Gunners are the only team not to have conceded a goal in the opening 15 minutes of a Premier League match this season.
- Arsenal (21) are the only team to have more points away from home than Man City (20).
Aston Villa v Sunderland
- John Carew has scored in the last two home matches against Sunderland for Villa.
- There have been seven goals scored in the opening 30 minutes of games in the last five Premier League meetings between Villa and Sunderland.
- Sunderland have won just three of their last 39 Premier league away matches, but the Black Cats have only lost three of the last nine road trips.
- Sunderland have won just one of the last 14 Premier League away games against teams from the Midlands.
- The Villans have shipped three or more goals in four of their last six Premier League matches.
- The last 13 Premier League penalties against Brad Friedel have been scored.
- Aston Villa have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last 10 Premier League matches.
Newcastle United v West Ham United
- West Ham scored from their only shot on target in the reverse fixture at Upton Park.
- There have been exactly four goals scored in each of the last three Premier League games between West Ham and Newcastle at St James Park, and in five of the last six games between the sides overall.
- Carlton Cole has scored three goals in six Premier League appearances against Newcastle including the last two.
- Newcastle have only won two of their last nine Premier League matches at St James Park.
- The Magpies have kept just one clean sheet in their last nine home Premier League games.
- The Hammers have gone 18 consecutive Premier League games on the road without a clean sheet, their longest ever run without a shut-out in the competition.
- The Magpies have failed to score more than once in nine of their last 10 Premier League matches.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Chelsea
- Petr Cech has never had to save as many shots (9) in a Premier League game since joining Chelsea in 2004/05 as he did against Wolves in the reverse game back in October.
- Chelsea have won the last six meetings with Wolves in all competitions.
- Frank Lampard has scored in both of his Premier League appearances against Wolves.
- Arsenal are the only team to prevent Wolves from scoring against them in their last 12 Premier League matches at Molineux.
- Wolves have only kept one clean sheet in their last 12 Premier League matches on home soil.
- The Blues have picked up only one win in their last eight league games.
- Carlo Ancelotti's men have scored only five goals in their last eight Premier League games on the road combined.
- Wolves have picked up as many points in their last six league games (nine) as they had in the previous 14 combined.
Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool
- Blackburn have won none and lost five of their last seven Premier League games against Liverpool.
- Rovers have won just one of their last 20 matches in all competitions against Liverpool and just one of the last 24 in the Premier League.
- Fernando Torres has scored five goals in four Premier League appearances against Blackburn.
- Liverpool have scored only six goals in their last 10 Premier League away games and not more than once in any of those fixtures.
- Roy Hodgson has won just one of his last 27 games away from home as a manager in the Premier League.
- Rovers' defenders have netted six Premier League goals this season, more than any other side's.
- If only the first half of matches counted in the Premier League this season, Blackburn would be 6th.
Bolton Wanderers v Wigan Athletic
- The last six Premier League games between these sides have produced only eight goals in total.
- Wigan have scored only nine goals in 11 games against Bolton in the Premier League.
- Bolton have lost just one of their last 12 Premier League matches at the Reebok Stadium.
- A clean sheet last time out against West Brom ended a run of eight Premier League home games without a clean sheet for the Trotters.
- Wigan's win away at Wolves ended a run of seven matches without a victory on the road for the Latics.
- Bolton have netted six goals via substitutes this season, more than any other Premier League side.
- The Latics are the lowest scoring side in the Premier League this season (17).
Everton v Tottenham Hotspur
- Everton have only won two of their 18 Premier league games against Spurs at Goodison Park and have drawn the last three in a row.
- Four of the last six Premier League matches between Everton and Spurs have ended as draws, while the other two in that run have been won by a single-goal margin.
- Everton have only won two of their last nine Premier League home games.
- Spurs haven't kept a clean sheet in any of their last 10 Premier League away matches.
- Tottenham have only won back to back away games twice in the Premier League under Harry Redknapp.
- Everton have won only one of their last 10 Premier League games.
- Gareth Bale has scored five goals in his last eight Premier League appearances.