Premier League Opta Facts 5-6 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Portsmouth v Burnley
- Portsmouth are unbeaten in the last nine meetings in all competitions with Burnley.
- Portsmouth have lost 12 of their last 15 Premier League matches.
- Burnley have conceded 25 goals in their seven Premier League away matches and at least two in each game.
- Steven Fletcher has scored five goals in his last seven Premier League appearances.
- Portsmouth have the worst home record in the Premier League with just three points accrued.
- Burnley have the worst away record in the top flight with just one point accrued so far.
Arsenal v Stoke City
- Arsenal have not scored in the opening 15 minutes of any game this season, the last time they did so was in the final match of 2008-09 at home to Stoke City.
- Arsenal have won two and lost four of their league games against teams in the top half of the table.
- Arsenal have won the last seven home matches against Stoke in all competitions.
- Ricardo Fuller scored in both games for Stoke against Arsenal.
- Stoke have kept two clean sheets in a row, they have never kept three consecutive shut outs in the Premier League.
- The Potters have only won one of their last eight Premier League away games, but that came in North London against Spurs.
Aston Villa v Hull City
- 65% of the goals Hull have scored have come in the first half, the highest proportion in the Premier League.
- Villa have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last nine Premier League matches.
- The last three meetings between these two sides in all competitions have finished 1-0 to Villa.
- The Yorkshire outfit have failed to score in their last five games in all competitions against Villa.
- Aston Villa have scored a joint-high five goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches this season.
- 19% of the goals Hull City have conceded have come in the opening quarter of an hour, the highest percentage in the Premier League.
Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool
- Blackburn and Liverpool have met 15 times in the Premier League at Ewood Park, with five wins each and five draws.
- However, Rovers have only won one of the last 21 league meetings with the Reds home and away.
- Liverpool have only won two of their last seven Premier League matches.
- The Reds are the only team not to have lost a Premier League north-west derby this season, having won four and drawn one.
- Rovers have conceded only 13 Premier League goals at home in the whole of 2009, fewer than Liverpool have at Anfield (15).
- Blackburn have conceded an average of only 4.6 corners per game in 2009-10, only the 'Big Four' have averaged fewer.
West Ham United v Manchester United
- The Hammers have won the most penalties in the Premier League this season (5), while man Utd are joint-second with four.
- There have been more goals (30) at Upton Park than at any other stadium this season in the top flight.
- West Ham have conceded at least two goals in nine of their last 10 Premier League games.
- West Ham have seen five opposition players sent off this season, no other team has seen more than two.
- Manchester United have won 12 Premier League away games in 2009, more than any other side.
Wigan Athletic v Birmingham City
- 77% of the goals Wigan have conceded have come in the second half, the highest proportion in the top division.
- Lee Bowyer has scored in the last two Premier League matches and has three in the last six and four of his five goals this season (all comps) have come away from home.
- Only Chelsea (9) have kept more clean sheets than Birmingham City (6).
- The Latics are unbeaten in their last five Premier League games at the DW Stadium.
- Birmingham are unbeaten in their last five Premier League games. This is their best run since October 2004.
- Only Manchester United (13) and Chelsea (8) have conceded fewer goals than Birmingham this season (14).
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Bolton Wanderers
- Wolves are yet to keep a clean sheet at Molineux on their return to the top-flight this season.
- 83% of the goals Wolves have netted have come in the second half, the highest percentage of any team in the top flight.
- The Trotters have picked up the most cards in the Premier League this season, 29 yellow and two red.
- Wolves have only won one of the last 11 league meetings with Bolton.
- Bolton are conceding an average of 7.7 corners per game this season, more than any other side.
- Wolves have gone eight games without a win this season, a worse run than any they recorded in the Premier League during 2003-04.
Manchester City v Chelsea
- Chelsea are yet to concede a goal in the opening 15 minutes of a Premier League match.
- Didier Drogba has scored 11 goals in his last 13 Premier League appearances.
- Referee Howard Webb has not sent off any players in the Premier League this season.
- Chelsea have won 10 of the 12 away games against Man City in the Premier League with the citizens only winning one.
- City have failed to score in 12 of the last 14 Premier League matches with Chelsea.
- Chelsea have won the last eight Premier League matches in a row against Manchester City.
- Man City have drawn seven consecutive league matches, equalling the all-time top flight record for back-to-back stalemates.
Fulham v Sunderland
- Clint Dempsey has scored five goals in his last six Premier League appearances.
- Referee Mike Dean has awarded six penalties this season, more than any other official.
- Kenwyne Jones has scored in all three of his Premier League matches against Fulham.
- All four of Damien Duff's goals this season have come in the second half.
- Sunderland have won only two of their last seven league games, against Liverpool and Arsenal.
- Only Stoke (4) have scored fewer away goals than Sunderland (5) in the Premier League this season.
Everton v Tottenham Hotspur
- Spurs have only dropped two points out of a possible 21 against teams in the bottom half of the table.
- Referee Andre Marriner has dished out the most red cards this season, 5.
- Everton have kept only one clean sheet in seven Premier League home games this season.
- Spurs have picked up more points (29) away at Everton that against any other Premier League opponent.
- There has been just one goal scored in the last three league meetings between Everton and Spurs.
- Five of the last seven league meetings between Everton and Spurs have ended as away wins and none as home victories.
- Everton have lost their last three Premier League games. They have not lost four in succession since December 2005.