Premier League Opta Facts 6th & 8th April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Swansea City v Newcastle United
- Newcastle have won four and lost none of the last six meetings with Swansea in all competitions.
- Swansea didn't manage a single shot on target in their 0-0 draw with Newcastle at the Sports Direct Arena.
- Newcastle have kept just two clean sheets in their last 13 Premier League away games.
- Swansea have only won two of their last seven home games and kept just one clean sheet in that run (W2 D3 L2).
- Only Manchester United and Manchester City have picked up more points in 2012 than Newcastle.
- The Magpies have cleared more shots off their own goal line than any other Premier League team this season, 10.
- Swansea have completed 85% of their passes this season, only Man City (86%) have a better rate.
- Newcastle haven't won four Premier League games in a row since April 2006.
- None of Gylfi Sigurdsson's six Premier League goals have been scored at the Liberty Stadium.
- Newcastle have won eight of their last 10 league games against Welsh sides
Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur
- Sunderland have won just one of their last six Premier League games against Tottenham (W1 D2 L3).
- Craig Gardner has scored in two of his last three Premier League appearances against Spurs.
- Spurs have only won one of their last six Premier League visits to the Stadium of Light (W1 D2 L3).
- Sunderland have won six and lost just one of their eight league games at the Stadium of Light under Martin O'Neill.
- Tottenham have won none of their last six Premier League away games (W0 D3 L3) and failed to score in three of the last four on the road.
- Gareth Bale is the only player to be booked twice for simulation in the Premier League this season.
- Sunderland have scored three goals in each of their last two games. They have never scored 3+ goals for three successive Premier League games before.
- The last time that Sunderland scored 3+ goals in three successive top flight games was February-March 1977.
- If the Premier League had started on the day Fabio Capello resigned as England manager, Tottenham would be 13th, three points above the relegation zone.
- Sunderland have won only 73 corners at home this season, only Norwich have a lower total.
Bolton Wanderers v Fulham
- Bolton have failed to score in their last four Premier League games against Fulham.
- Clint Dempsey has netted three goals in the last two games against Bolton.
- Bolton have won none of the last nine Premier League matches against Fulham (W0 D 4 L5).
- Fulham have won 11 matches against Bolton in the Premier League, more than against any other opponent.
- In the last six meetings between Bolton and Fulham in all competitions, Bolton have only scored two goals, both netted by Ivan Klasnic.
- Martin Petrov has scored three goals against Fulham, the only opponents in the Premier League he has more than one goal against.
- Fulham have won just one of their last 10 Premier League away games and lost four of the last five.
- Bolton have lost just one of their last six Premier League home games (W3 D2 L1).
- Owen Coyle's side have kept just two clean sheets in their last 18 games at the Reebok Stadium.
- Fulham have 498 points in Premier League history.
Chelsea v Wigan Athletic
- Chelsea have won 10 and lost just one of the 13 Premier League meetings with Wigan.
- The Blues enjoyed their record Premier League win over Wigan when they won 8-0 versus the Latics in May 2010.
- Wigan have never kept a Premier League clean sheet against Chelsea and have lost five and won none of their six trips to Stamford Bridge.
- Chelsea have lost just one of their last nine Premier League home games (W5 D3 L1) and kept three clean sheets in a row at Stamford Bridge.
- Wigan have picked up seven points in their last three Premier League away games.
- Fernando Torres needs one more assist to record a new personal best in a single season (currently he has four).
- Wigan have lost 14 of their last 15 Premier League trips to London, conceding 46 goals in that period (3.1 per game).
- The only two occasions in Wigan's history in the top four divisions where they've conceded eight or more goals have come away in London (1-9 v Spurs in 2009 and 0-8 v Chelsea in 2010).
- Wigan are aiming to record an unbeaten run of five games for only the sixth time in the Premier League.
- It is almost 10 years since Chelsea lost a Premier League home game in April (0-3 v Man Utd, 20 April 2002). Since then their record is W15 D8.
Liverpool v Aston Villa
- Aston Villa have won just two of their last 20 Premier League games against Liverpool (W2 D6 L12.
- Stewart Downing's last Premier League goal came in the Liverpool v Aston Villa match at Villa Park last May, while playing for the Midlanders.
- Steven Gerrard has scored more goals against Aston Villa (9) than versus any other Premier League opponent.
- Liverpool have won 21 Premier League games against Aston Villa, their joint-highest number of wins over any opponent in the competition (along with 21 wins over Newcastle).
- Aston Villa have only lost two of their last nine Premier League away games but they have won none of the last four.
- Liverpool have won just three of their last 12 Premier League matches at Anfield (W3 D7 L2).
- Liverpool have had 30 shots more than Manchester United but have scored 40 goals fewer.
- Liverpool have been involved in only five games with over 3.5 goals this season, only Everton have been involved in fewer (four).
- Stewart Downing has hit more shots without scoring than any other player in the Premier League this season, 62 (including blocked shots).
- Villa have conceded more goals from corners than any other side this season (13), while Liverpool have taken more corners than any other side (255).
Norwich City v Everton
- Everton have won 99 Premier League games away from home.
- Norwich scored from their only shot on target in the match against Everton at Goodison Park back in December.
- Everton have won five and lost none of their last seven matches in all competitions against Norwich.
- Norwich have lost just one of their last six Premier League games at Carrow Road (W2 D3 L1).
- Everton have only scored seven goals in their last nine Premier League away games.
- Norwich have had fewer corners at home than any other Premier League side this season, 59.
- 41% of Everton goals this season have been scored or assisted by a substitute, a higher proportion than any other Premier League team.
- Six of Norwich's goals have been assisted by substitutes, only Man City (7) have a higher total.
- Grant Holt's scoring rate of 0.41 goals per game puts him in the top 30 for scoring in the division's history (players with 10+ goals).
- Everton are aiming to win three Premier League games in a row for the first time since January 2010.
West Bromwich Albion v Blackburn Rovers
- There have been three red cards in the last two Premier League meetings between West Brom and Blackburn at the Hawthorns, one in each game for Rovers.
- The Baggies have only won two of the 11 Premier League games against Blackburn (W2 D5 L4).
- Blackburn have won just two of their last 15 Premier League away games (W2 D6 L7).
- West Brom have lost six of their last nine Premier League games at the Hawthorns (W2 D1 L6), but have won two of the last three.
- Blackburn haven't lost three games in a row since December, the third of which was a home reverse to Bolton which sparked the biggest fans revolt against manager Steve Kean.
- If only home games counted, WBA would be 17th and clear of the drop zone on goal difference alone.
- Almost a fifth (19%) of West Brom's goals this season have come in the opening 15 minutes.
- Rovers have conceded more goals from crosses than any other side this season, 21.
- Blackburn are one of only three teams not to draw a game 0-0 in the Premier League this season (along with Everton and Man Utd).
- Blackburn's Paul Robinson has the lowest saves-to-shots ratio of any regular goalkeeper in the Premier League this season (56%) and the lowest pass completion of any player in Europe's top five leagues (25%).
Stoke City v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Stoke have only lost one of the last nine matches in all competitions against Wolves (W4 D4 L1).
- Kenwyne Jones has scored four goals in four Premier League games against Wolves.
- Stoke's recent home results have seen a pattern of pairs of results LLWWDDLLWWD meaning if the pattern continues this game will end as a draw.
- Wolves have won just one of the last 14 Premier League away games (W1 D5 L8).
- Stoke have had fewer shots on target than any other Premier League side this season (76), and only 11 more than the leading player (Robin van Persie).
- Since arriving in the Premier League in August 2008, Stoke have averaged 38.4% possession in their games.
- At home, the Potters have averaged 39.8% possession since joining the Premier League in 2008.
- Stoke have scored only 11 goals in their last 15 Premier League games.
- Wolves have conceded at least two goals in each of their last seven games. The last time they did this in eight successive top-flight games was October 1964.
- Wolves have taken seven points from their last seven away games, as opposed to no points from their last seven at Molineux.
Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers
- Anton Ferdinand (now QPR) has scored own goals in his last two Premier League games at Old Trafford
- Man Utd have won nine and lost none of their last 12 matches against QPR in all competitions.
- QPR have picked up just two points form the last 27 available in Premier League away games.
- Rangers have gone 12 away games without a clean sheet in the top flight.
- Manchester United have won 32 and lost just two of their last 36 Premier League games at Old Trafford.
- United have conceded just one goal in their last five Premier League home matches.
- Antonio Valencia has 12 assists and four goals in 16 Premier League starts this season.
- Manchester United have the best pass completion rate in the division since Paul Scholes returned in January, they were only sixth best before that.
- United's total of 76 goals is the second-most of any team after 31 games in Premier League history (they had scored 78 at this stage in 2001/02).
- Only three sides (Chelsea 04-05, Chelsea 05-06 & Man Utd 06-07 - all 25) have won more of their opening 31 games than Man Utd this term (24).
Arsenal v Manchester City
- Manchester City are one of only three teams against whom Robin van Persie has not scored in the Premier League this season (along with Fulham and Wolves).
- If he scores in this match, van Persie will become only the fourth player to score against 17 different teams in a Premier League season (after Cole 1993/94, Shearer 1994/95 and Wright 1996/97).
- Arsenal have failed to score in five of their last six matches against Manchester City in all competitions, including the last three at the Emirates Stadium.
- Manchester City have failed to score in three of their last four Premier League games against the Gunners and each of their last four visits to the Emirates Stadium.
- There have been three red cards in the last three Premier League meetings between Arsenal and City.
- After winning 18 and losing just one of the first 22 Premier League meetings, Arsenal have won just two and lost three of the last seven against City.
- Arsenal have won 11 and lost one of their last 14 Premier League games at the Emirates.
- Manchester City have won none of their last 26 away league games against Arsenal (W0 D8 L18), but did win there in the Carling Cup this season.
- Since their last league win in October 1975, Man City have scored just nine goals in 26 visits to play Arsenal in north London.
- Manchester City have scored just five goals in their last nine Premier League away games and won just two (W2 D3 L4).
- Before Christmas David Silva scored five goals and provided eight assists. Since Christmas he has failed to score and provided only four assists.