Premier League Opta Facts - 9-10 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
- It is nine games since Pompey last kept a clean sheet in the Premier League.
- Frederic Piquionne has scored four goals in his last three competitive appearances for Portsmouth, including a brace against Birmingham on Saturday in the FA Cup.
- There have been penalties awarded in five of the last eight Premier League meetings between Birmingham and Portsmouth, all in favour of the side playing at home.
- Pompey have conceded eight penalties in the Premier League, the joint-most along with Burnley.
- Alex McLeish's side have lost their last three league games away from home, scoring just one goal (an own goal) along the way.
- Stoke have had a player sent off in each of their last three Premier League matches.
- Stoke have only lost one of their last eight games: their last match when they were beaten by Arsenal.
- However, Tony Pulis' side have only won one of their last eight Premier League away games and that came in their last trip against Portsmouth.
- There have only been two goals scored in the last three league meetings between Burnley and Stoke at Turf Moor and the Clarets have failed to net in the last two.
- Burnley have conceded the joint-most penalties in the Premier League this season (8).
- More penalties (4) have been missed against Burnley than against any other Premier League team this season.
- Sunderland have gone 14 games without a win, the longest run of any side in the Premier League this season.
- Sunderland have picked up more cards (58 yellow and six red) than any other team in the top flight.
- Steve Bruce's side have only lost one of their last 12 home games in the Premier League.
- Darren Bent has scored seven goals in eight Premier League appearances against Bolton and has scored more goals (7) against Bolton than versus any other opponent in the Premier League.
- Sunderland's only away win in 2009/10 came at Bolton on the opening day of the season.
- Darren Bent has scored the first goal of the game 11 times in the Premier League, the most in the top flight.
- Bolton have kept just one clean sheet in their last 15 Premier League away matches.