Premier League Opta Facts - 9 May
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Arsenal v Fulham
- Fulham have won none of their last 29 Premier League London derbies away from home.
- Arsenal have only won two of their last seven Premier League London derbies at the Emirates.
- Arsenal have won 13 and lost two of the 17 Premier League meetings with Fulham, while on home soil their record is W6 D2 L0.
- Fulham have never drawn on the final day of a Premier League campaign (eight seasons) while Arsenal have drawn only one of 17 Premier League final day games.
- Arsenal have won all seven of their Premier League home games on the final day of the season.
- Fulham have kept a clean sheet on the final day of the season five times in the last seven seasons.
Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers
- Blackburn have won only one of the last 10 meetings in all competitions with Villa.
- Gabriel Agbonlahor has scored in his last three Premier League appearances against Blackburn.
- James Milner scored in both legs of the Carling Cup semi-final against Blackburn.
- There have been five goals scored in the last five minutes of the last five Premier League matches between Blackburn and Villa.
- Aston Villa have kept a clean sheet on the final day only once in the last 11 seasons.
- Rovers have won only one of their last six final day games.
Bolton Wanderers v Birmingham City
- The scorer of the first goal has won 10 of the 11 Premier League meetings between Bolton and Birmingham, while the 11th game ended as a draw.
- Kevin Phillips has scored in his last three Premier League appearances against Bolton.
- Bolton have kept only one clean sheet in 10 final day Premier League games.
- Birmingham need a point to record their best ever total in the Premier League.
- Kevin Davies has conceded 115 fouls, more than any other player in the division.
- Davies has conceded the most fouls in six of the last seven seasons, coming second to John Carew in 2007-08.
Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur
- There have been exactly five goals scored in each of the last three meetings between Burnley and Spurs in all competitions.
- Roman Pavlyuchenko has scored in both of his appearances against Burnley.
- Tottenham (along with Everton) have conceded more goals on the final day of a Premier League season than any other team, 31.
- Tottenham's only away win on the final day of a Premier league season came at a newly promoted, but already relegated team (Wolves 2004).
- 19 different players have scored in the Premier League for Spurs this season; more than any other team in any other previous season.
- In the 31 games that Peter Crouch and Jermain Defoe have started together in the Premier League, they have scored 29 goals as a partnership.
Chelsea v Wigan Athletic
- Chelsea have won only one of their last five final day games in the Premier League.
- Three of Chelsea's last five final day games have ended 1-1.
- Wigan have never drawn on the final day of a Premier League season (W2 L2).
- Chelsea need three goals to set a new Premier League record for goals in a single season (currently 97, Man Utd 1999-2000)
- Five goals will bring up the century, last achieved in the top-flight by Tottenham in 1962-63 (111).
- Chelsea have conceded only 12 goals from open play all season.
- Didier Drogba is bidding to become the third Chelsea player to win the Golden Boot in the last four seasons (Drogba 2, Anelka 1).
Everton v Portsmouth
- Everton (along with Tottenham) have conceded more goals on the final day of a Premier League season than any other team, 31.
- It is 10 years since Everton last failed to score in their final game of the season.
- Portsmouth have failed to score in four of their last five final day games.
- 14 of Tim Cahill's last 17 Premier League goals have been headed.
- 47% of Portsmouth's goals this season have been scored by loan players.
- In the last 10 league games in which Everton have scored, they have scored a goal in the last five minutes in seven of them.
Hull City v Liverpool
- Liverpool have scored 38 goals on the final day of Premier League campaigns, more than any other side.
- The Reds have scored at least two goals in their last five final day matches.
- Liverpool have mustered only 1.27 goals per Premier League game without Fernando Torres this season.
- Hull's have collected more points per game (0.87) without record signing Jimmy Bullard this season than they have with him (0.64).
- Liverpool have scored 20 goals in their last five games against Hull City.
- Ryan Babel's only multi-goal Premier League performance came against Hull at Anfield earlier this season.
Manchester United v Stoke City
- Manchester United have conceded just nine goals in 17 final day Premier League outings.
- Manchester United's last two home league games against Stoke City have ended 5-0 to the Red Devils.
- Stoke's last top-flight win at Old Trafford was in April 1976.
- United have kept clean sheets in their last four encounters with the Potters.
- Manchester United have scored only once before half-time in their last five games.
- With Gary Neville in the team this season, Manchester United have conceded only 0.56 goals per game compared to 0.90 when the veteran has been absent.
West Ham United v Manchester City
- Man City have won only two of their 12 final day Premier League games.
- City have mustered a total of just four goals in their last five final day games.
- West Ham have only lost two of the 14 Premier League games they've played on the final day of the season.
- The Hammers have scored exactly two goals in five of their last six final day Premier League games.
- West Ham have scored only six goals in their last 12 Premier League clashes with Manchester City.
- The Hammers have won six of their nine Premier League encounters with Manchester City at the Boleyn Ground.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Sunderland
- Wolves have scored just 11 goals in 18 Premier League home games this season.
- Sunderland have managed just 15 goals in 18 Premier League away games this season.
- Wolves have scored just two goals in total in their last six league games.
- Sunderland have kept just one clean sheet in their last nine league games.
- Sunderland have already picked up more yellow cards this season (77) than any Premier League team managed in 2008-09.
- Only 10 of Kevin Doyle's 27 all-time Premier League goals have come in home games.