Premier League Opta Facts | December 7 - 9
Manchester United v Newcastle United
- Man Utd have lost four Barclays Premier League games this season, only one fewer than the whole of 2012-13 (5).
- Papiss Cisse scored on both trips to Old Trafford in all competitions last season (one league, one Capital One Cup).
- Jonny Evans has scored in the last two Barclays Premier League meetings between Man Utd and Newcastle and also netted an own goal at Old Trafford in this fixture last season.
- Newcastle have won none of their last 29 league visits to Old Trafford, losing 21.
- Patrice Evra has scored in the last two meetings between Newcastle and Man Utd.
- Newcastle United have won just one and lost 15 of their last 21 Premier League matches against Manchester United.
- Robin van Persie has scored six goals in his last seven Premier League starts against the Magpies.
- If Van Persie does not recover from injury this will be the first time Man Utd have played a league game without both him and Wayne Rooney since the Dutchman arrived (Rooney is suspended).
- Manchester United have only won five of their last 11 Premier League home games (L4 D2).
- The Red Devils have not lost successive Premier League home games since May 2002.
- Man Utd have scored only eight goals in seven Premier League home games this season, fewer than bottom side Sunderland (9).
Crystal Palace v Cardiff City
- Crystal Palace's three Barclays Premier League wins this season have all come under different managers.
- This will be the first time Crystal Palace and Cardiff City have met in the top flight of English football.
- The last three league meetings between Cardiff and Palace have seen the team who opened the scoring go on to lose the game.
- Cardiff have won four and lost just two of their last seven league visits to Selhurst Park, but Palace have won two of the last three in south London.
- Cardiff City have gone three hours without scoring a Premier League goal.
- Palace; with eight goals, are the only team to score fewer than Cardiff this season (11) in the Premier League.
- The south Londoners have taken seven points from their last four matches, two more than Manchester United (5).
- Cardiff have failed to score in their last three away games but their last goal away from home came in London (Jordon Mutch at Stamford Bridge in mid-October).
- Marouane Chamakh has scored two goals from three shots on target in the Premier League this season.
- Cardiff have conceded fewer fouls than any other Premier League team this season (123), while Palace have a joint-low 15 yellow cards.
Liverpool v West Ham United
- Luis Suarez (13) has scored one more Barclays Premier League goal than West Ham have as a team (12) this season.
- The Hammers have failed to score in five of their seven Barclays Premier League away games this season.
- Glen Johnson has scored in three of his last four Barclays Premier League appearances against his former club West Ham.
- West Ham United have not won away in the league at Anfield since 1963, losing 29 and drawing 11 of their subsequent 40 trips since.
- The Hammers have scored just six goals in their last 28 league visits to Anfield, failing to score on 23 occasions including the last five in a row.
- West Ham have been involved in the two Premier League games with the lowest passing accuracy this season (away at Southampton and away at Crystal Palace).
- 10 of Luis Suarez's 13 Premier League goals this season have come at Anfield.
- Suarez has scored 10 goals and assisted one more in his last six Premier League appearances.
- Liverpool have hit the woodwork 10 times this season, more often than any other Premier League team.
- Liverpool have already scored 5+ goals in five separate Premier League games under Brendan Rodgers (in less than a season and a half), something Rafa Benitez managed only six times in six seasons.
Southampton v Manchester City
- Southampton have not lost four Barclays Premier Leagues in a row since their first four games of last season.
- Man City are looking to win consecutive Barclays Premier League away games for the first time since January.
- Steven Davis scored in both Barclays Premier League meetings with Manchester City last season.
- Davis attempted 129 passes and completed 112 in the midweek game against Aston Villa, both Premier League-highs this season.
- Bosnian striker Eden Dzeko found the net in both clashes with the Saints in 2012/13.
- Southampton conceded more goals in midweek versus Aston Villa (three) than they had in all six previous home league games this season combined (two).
- The Saints have lost three successive Premier League games for the first time under Mauricio Pochettino.
- Yaya Toure has as many league goals (7) as he managed in the whole of last season and one more than he scored in Man City's title winning season of 2011-12 (6).
- Manchester City have scored 40 goals so far this season, 10 more than any other team.
- The Citizens, unsurprisingly, have the best shot conversion rate in the division (21.4%).
- Sergio Aguero has scored 10 goals in his last nine Premier League appearances for Manchester City, as well as providing three assists.
Stoke City v Chelsea
- Stoke City have scored just three goals in 10 Barclays Premier League games against Chelsea, failing to net in the last four in a row.
- Chelsea have won 10 and lost none of the last 12 meetings with the Potters in all competitions.
- Chelsea inflicted Stoke's heaviest ever Premier League defeat - 0-7 in April 2010.
- The Blues also inflicted Mark Hughes' heaviest ever Premier League defeat as a coach, with a 1-6 result when he was at QPR in April 2012.
- Hughes has enjoyed just two wins and endured 10 defeats in his 15 matches as an opposition coach against his former club Chelsea.
- Demba Ba has scored four Premier League goals against Stoke; only against West Brom (6) has he been more prolific.
- In this fixture last season, Jonathan Walters scored two own goals and missed a penalty in a 0-4 defeat.
- Chelsea will attempt to score 3+ goals in three successive Premier League away games for the first time since August 2009 and only the third time in the competition.
- Eden Hazard has scored three and assisted two more in his last four Premier League games.
- Frank Lampard (145) and John Terry (34) are the only current Chelsea players to have scored more goals for the club in the Premier League than Stoke boss Mark Hughes (25).
West Bromwich Albion v Norwich City
- West Bromwich Albion have won only one of their last eight Barclays Premier League games (D3 L4).
- Robert Snodgrass opened the scoring in both Barclays Premier League games between Norwich and West Brom last season.
- Norwich City have lost five and won just two of the last seven league meetings with the Baggies.
- In their midweek game vs Man City, West Brom did not manage a shot on target until the 94th minute (Victor Anichebe's goal).
- Victor Anichebe has managed only two shots on target in nine Premier League appearances for the Baggies.
- West Brom have scored exactly two goals in each of their last three games at the Hawthorns but have won only one of those games (D1 L1).
- Norwich have conceded a total of 18 goals in their last four Premier league away games.
- Norwich are the only Premier League team for whom a substitute hasn't scored this season.
- Jonas Olsson (153) has made 13 more clearances than any other Premier League player this season.
- John Ruddy has conceded more goals (28) than any other Premier League goalkeeper this season.
Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur
- Sunderland have lost eight points from winning positions this season, more than any other Barclays Premier League team.
- Tottenham are one of only two teams (along with Newcastle) yet to score more than twice in a Barclays Premier League game this season.
- Sunderland boss Gustavo Poyet made 82 Premier League appearances for Tottenham Hotspur as a player and also served as Assistant Coach under Juande Ramos for the Lilywhites.
- Steven Fletcher has scored in three of his last five Premier League games against Spurs.
- Spurs have won four and lost none of the last six Premier League meetings with Sunderland.
- Jermain Defoe has never scored against Sunderland in 10 Premier League appearances for Spurs, despite netting four goals in six games for other clubs against the Black Cats.
- Tottenham have won five of their last eight Premier League away games (D1 L2).
- Spurs will attempt to score 2+ goals in three successive Premier League games for the first time since April.
- Sunderland have conceded four own goals in the Premier League this season, twice as many as any other side.
- Sunderland have hit the fewest shots on target this season (33) while Spurs have the lowest shot conversion rate (7%).
Fulham v Aston Villa
- Fulham have won just one of the last eight Barclays Premier League games against Aston Villa (W1 D4 L3).
- Villa are unbeaten in their last five Barclays Premier League games; only Everton (7) are currently on a longer run.
- Darren Bent played 54 times in the Premier League for Aston Villa before moving to Fulham this summer, scoring 21 goals.
- There have been just four goals scored in the last four Premier League meetings between Fulham and Aston Villa.
- Villa completed only 50% of their passes in their midweek away game, the lowest figure recorded in a Premier League match since April 2010 (Wolves, against Stoke).
- Fulham have trailed in 11 games this season, more than any other side. They have lost 10 of these matches (D1).
- In midweek Dimitar Berbatov assisted a Premier League goal for the first time in over a year (since November 10th 2012)
- Fulham have won just one of their last 11 Premier League games at Craven Cottage, losing ten (D1).
- Villa are the only team to squander more than one penalty in the Premier League this season (2).
- American ‘keeper Brad Guzan has made 45 catches, 18 more than any other goalkeeper in the Premier League this season.
Arsenal v Everton
- Arsenal have won eight and lost none of their last 12 Barclays Premier League games against Everton.
- Everton have only managed more than one goal in a league game against Arsenal on one occasion in the last 21 meetings.
- The Gunners have won 14 and lost none of the last 17 Premier League home games against the Toffees (D3).
- There have been just four goals scored in the last four Premier League meetings between Everton and Arsenal.
- Howard Webb will officiate Arsenal v Everton on Sunday. The Gunners have won their last eight Premier League games with him as the man in the middle.
- Arsenal are unbeaten at home in the Premier League with Howard Webb as referee (W10 D4 L0).
- Arsenal have scored in 13 of their 14 games and have led in 12 of their 14 games this season, both Premier League highs.
- Mesut Ozil has three goals and six assists in 11 Premier League appearances.
- The Gunners have kept six clean sheets in their last seven games in all competitions, conceding just one goal in the other match (0-1 at Man Utd).
- Everton have lost only Premier League game this season, fewer than any other side.
- The Toffees have kept three away clean sheets in a row for the first time since May 2009; they have not recorded four or more in a row since August 1995 (had a run of five).
Swansea City v Hull City
- Just 10 seasons ago, these sides met in the fourth tier of English football. Leon Britton featured in one of those two games for Swansea.
- Hull City have won three and lost none of the last four league meetings with Swansea.
- No team has benefitted from more own goals than Swansea this season (4) while two of their last five goals have come via the opposition.
- Hull City have won just one of their last 31 Barclays Premier League away games (W1 D7 L23).
- The Tigers have lost five of their last seven Premier League games overall (W2).
- No player has hit the woodwork more than Jake Livermore this season (three times, level with Liverpool pair Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge).
- The Swans have picked up more yellow cards for dissent (7) than any other team this season.
- Swansea average 59.2% possession this season - higher than any other club - while only three teams have a lower figure than Hull (43.3%).
- The Swans' Spanish forward Michu has gone five Premier League games without a goal - his worst run in the competition is six games (Dec 2012 - Feb 2013).
- In his first 18 Premier League games Michu scored 13 goals, but has managed only seven in the subsequent 27 matches.
View our full range of Premier League betting