Premier League Opta Facts - February 11th - 12th
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Premier League Opta Facts -February 11th - 12th
Manchester United v Liverpool
- Dirk Kuyt has scored four goals in his last three appearances against Manchester United in all competitions.
- Javier Hernandez has scored in the final 10 minutes of the last two Premier League games between Liverpool and Man Utd.
- Steven Gerrard has scored four goals in his last five Premier League appearances against Man Utd.
- Only Chelsea (5 times) have won at Old Trafford more often than Liverpool in the Premier League (4).
- Man Utd enjoyed just 44% of possession against Liverpool in the reverse fixture in October, lower than in any other match this season.
- Liverpool have won four of the last seven Premier League games against Manchester United overall and also beat the Red Devils two weeks ago in the FA Cup.
- There were hat-tricks scored in both meetings in the Premier League last season; Dimitar Berbatov for United at Old Trafford and Dirk Kuyt for Liverpool at Anfield.
- There have been four penalties awarded in the last six Premier League meetings between Man Utd and Liverpool.
- Liverpool have converted the lowest proportion of their shots in the 2011-12 Premier League so far (8.5%).
Blackburn Rovers v Queens Park Rangers
- QPR have won just one of the last 12 meetings with Blackburn (W1 D4 L7) in all competitions.
- Rangers have failed to score in five of their last six away games versus Rovers in all competitions.
- QPR have won one of their last nine Premier League away games, and none of the last six.
- Rangers have gone nine away games without a clean sheet.
- Blackburn have drawn none of their home matches this season, losing nine and winning three.
- Only QPR (15) have dropped more points from winning positions than Blackburn (14) in the top flight this season.
- Rovers have won just three of their last 19 Premier League matches (W3 D5 L11).
- QPR have won just one of their last 12 Premier League matches (W1 D3 L8).
- Paul Robinson has the worst saves to shots ratio of any goalkeeper, saving just 51% of shots on target faced.
- QPR have scored the highest percentage of first half goals in the Premier League (60%).
Bolton Wanderers v Wigan Athletic
- Wigan have scored just 11 goals across the 13 Premier League meetings with the Trotters.
- Only one of the last nine matches in all comps between Wigan and Bolton has ended as a home win (HW1 D5 AW3).
- Bolton have lost none of the last eight matches in all competitions against Wigan, winning three and drawing five.
- Wigan's last victory over Bolton did come at the Reebok Stadium in December 2008.
- The Latics have gone 11 Premier League games without a clean sheet away from home and they have lost three and won none of their last four road trips.
- Bolton have won just two of their last 14 Premier League home games (W2 D2 L10).
- Bolton have failed to score in three of their last four league matches.
- Wigan have gone nine Premier League matches without a win (W0 D4 L5).
- Roberto Martinez's side have kept just one clean sheet in their last 21 Premier League games.
- 38% of Wigan's goals have come from shots outside the box, the highest percentage in the top flight.
Everton v Chelsea
- Chelsea have won only two of the last 10 Premier League meetings with Everton, drawing six of the remaining eight encounters.
- But Everton have won just two of the last 22 Premier League games against the Londoners, but they were the last two meetings at Goodison Park.
- Everton have scored exactly one goal in each of their last six matches against Chelsea.
- Chelsea have won the two meetings between the sides this season, 3-1 in the Premier League at Stamford Bridge and 2-1 at Goodison Park in the Carling Cup.
- There were two red cards in the Carling Cup match and also one in the last Premier League game at Goodison Park.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last seven Premier League away games (W3 D4) but have drawn four of the last five.
- Everton haven't won back to back home Premier League games since May, when they beat Chelsea after defeating Manchester City.
- 46% of the goals Everton have scored have been netted in the final 15 minutes of matches, the highest proportion in the top flight.
- Everton have only scored nine goals in their last 12 Premier League games and not more than once in a single game during that run.
- The Toffees have won just one of their last six Premier League games, but three of the last four have been draws.
Fulham v Stoke City
- The last four meetings between Stoke and Fulham have ended with a 2-0 scoreline.
- Clint Dempsey has scored three goals in the last five league meetings between Stoke and Fulham.
- Fulham and Stoke have won three of their seven Premier League meetings each.
- The Potters have failed to score in 13 of their last 21 away games in the Premier League games and in three of their last four.
- Fulham have won four and lost just one of their last six Premier League home games.
- Stoke have fired in the fewest shots (181, excl. blocked) and posted the worst shooting accuracy (34%) in the Premier League this season.
- The Potters have netted the highest percentage of goals from set pieces in the top flight (57%).
- Stoke have won just one of their last eight Premier League games (W1 D3 L4) and lost the last three in a row.
- Tony Pulis' side have failed to score in three of their last four Premier League matches and scored only once in the other.
- Fulham have won just two of their last eight Premier League games (W2 D3 L3), both of which have come at Craven Cottage.
Sunderland v Arsenal
- When the two sides met at the Emirates Stadium, Robin van Persie scored Arsenal's fastest-ever Premier League goal (29 seconds).
- Only two of the 14 goals Sunderland have scored against Arsenal in the Premier League era has been netted in the first half.
- In the last 15 meetings with Arsenal, Sunderland have alternated with scoring or failing to score; having netted at the Emirates, they should fail to find the net if that run continues.
- Arsenal have won none of their last three visits to the Stadium of Light, losing once and drawing twice, conceding one goal in each game.
- The Gunners have won just two of their last 12 Premier League visits to play teams in the north east (W2 D8 L2).
- Arsenal have won just five of their last 22 away games in domestic competitions (W5 D7 L10).
- The Gunners have won one and lost three of their last five Premier League games.
- Sunderland have lost just one of their last 10 Premier League home games and won four and lost none of the five since Martin O'Neill took the helm.
- The Black Cats have kept three clean sheets in a row at the Stadium of Light. If they keep one in this game, it'll equal their best run since December 2001 when they kept four in a row.
- Robin van Persie has scored 40 goals in his last 41 Premier League appearances.
Swansea City v Norwich City
- Danny Graham has netted four goals in his last three league games against Norwich City.
- Swansea have won six and lost none of their last eight home matches in all competitions against the Canaries.
- Defeat against Sunderland ended a run of four games without defeat on the road for Norwich.
- Swansea have lost just one of their last 21 home games in all competitions (W12 D8 L1).
- Norwich have scored more headed goals than any other team in the top flight (13).
- Swansea have won three and lost just one of their last seven Premier League matches.
- Norwich have lost just one of their last six Premier League games (W3 D2 L1).
- Swansea have proved most threatening just after half-time, scoring a higher percentage of goals in the 15 minutes after the break than any other team (31%).
- Swansea have committed fewer fouls (202) than any other Premier League side.
- Grant Holt (56) has committed more fouls than any other player in the Premier League.
Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United
- Spurs have won only two of their last 10 games against Newcastle (W2 D2 L6), but are unbeaten in their last four and have won the last two at White Hart Lane.
- Newcastle have won six times away from home at White Hart Lane, the joint-most times against any opponent on the road in Premier League history.
- Tottenham have lost just one of their last 29 Premier League home games, winning nine and losing none of the last 11.
- Demba Ba has now scored 16 goals in his last 16 Premier League appearances for Newcastle.
- Newcastle have conceded the highest percentage of goals from set pieces (48%).
- Danny Simpson has made more clearances off the goalline than any other player (5).
- The Magpies have won four of their last five Premier League games (W4 L1).
- Tottenham have drawn 99 games at White Hart Lane in Premier League history.
- Spurs have lost just two of their last 22 Premier League matches (W15 D5 L2).
- The Lilywhites have fired in more shots on target than any other side in the Premier League (155).
- Tottenham have picked up fewer cards than any other side in the top flight (27 yellow, one red).
Wolverhampton Wanderers v West Bromwich Albion
- West Brom have won seven and lost only two of the last 12 meetings in all competitions against their Black Country rivals.
- Peter Odemwingie has scored in the last two games against Wolves.
- West Brom have won four of their last six visits to Molineux (W4 D0 L2).
- The Baggies have kept just one clean sheet in their last 31 Premier League away matches.
- Wolves have lost four and won none of their last five Premier League games at Molineux.
- Wolves have kept just one clean sheet in their last 17 Premier League home games and none in the last 11.
- In their last 11 home games, nine visiting teams have scored two or more goals against Wolves.
- Wolves have now recovered more points from losing positions than any other team in the top flight this season (13).
- Only QPR (15) have dropped more points from winning positions than West Brom (14).
- West Brom have scored the highest percentage of goals in the opening 15 minutes of any team in the top flight.
Aston Villa v Manchester City
- Aston Villa have won only one of the last six Premier League games against Man City (W1 D1 L4).
- Darren Bent has scored seven goals in 12 Premier League games against Man City; only against Bolton (11) has he netted more often.
- Villa have won two and lost none of the last four home games against Man City.
- Manchester City have won just one of their last six Premier League away games (W1 D2 L3).
- In that six game run, Roberto Mancini's side have scored just three goals.
- If Villa don't win this match, it will be their longest run of home games without a win in Premier League history (7) and just one short of their top-flight worst mark of eight games set in March 1921.
- David Silva has more Premier League assists than any other player in the Premier League (12).
- Aston Villa are the only team yet to score a Premier League goal from a corner, but have conceded from a league-high 10.
- Manchester City have scored the most goals from corners (11).
- 79% of the goals Man City have conceded have been in the second half, a league high proportion.