Premier League Opta Facts - 12-13 Jan
• The last seven league meetings between Aston Villa and Crystal Palace have produced just 10 goals.
• Crystal Palace have lost just one of their last seven Premier League meetings with Aston Villa (W4 D2 L1).
• The Eagles have won just five Premier League matches with a winning goal scored in the 87th minute or later; two of which have been against Aston Villa and including their 2-1 win earlier this season.
• Aston Villa are currently on a 19-game winless run in the Premier League (D5 L14); the joint-fourth longest run in Premier League history (alongside Nottingham Forest in 1998-99).
• The only longer winless runs in the competition since its inception in 1992 are Derby County (32 games), Sunderland (26 games) and Norwich City (21 games).
• Crystal Palace have failed to score a goal in their last three Premier League games - they haven't gone without a goal in four successive top-flight matches since Feb 1998 (five games).
• Aston Villa players have embarked on the most dribbles in the Premier League so far in 2015-16 (546) but only one club (Newcastle, 41.6%) has a lower dribble success rate than the Villans (43.4%).
• Just one of Crystal Palace's 23 Premier League goals this season has been scored by a recognised striker, and this was a penalty (Wickham versus Stoke on Dec 19).
• A Premier League-high 47.8% of Crystal Palace's goals this season have been scored from setpiece situations.
• This will be the 14th Premier League meeting between the two teams and there will have been 11 different head to heads in terms of managers in the opposition dugouts.
Bournemouth v West Ham United
• Bournemouth's 4-3 win over West Ham in August is their only competitive victory in six attempts versus the Hammers (D2 L3).
• West Ham have conceded just two goals in their last six Premier League matches, keeping four clean sheets in the process.
• Injured Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson scored three goals in their win over West Ham in August - no other player has surpassed three goals for the club in the season overall to date.
• The Hammers are winless in their last five Premier League away games (L2 D3) and have netted just twice in this run.
• Dimitri Payet has created 49 goalscoring chances in the Premier League this season and despite missing seven games through injury this is still 23 more than any other West Ham player in 2015-16.
• Andy Carroll has scored in his last two Premier League appearances for West Ham - he's never scored in three successive apps in the competition.
• 51% of Andy Carroll's Premier League goals have been headers - only two strikers to have scored 20+ goals in the competition have scored a higher proportion with their heads (Kenwyne Jones, 55% and Duncan Ferguson, 53%).
• Cherries' midfielder Andrew Surman has completed the most passes in the Premier League this season (1107).
• Four of the five furthest distances run in a Premier League game this season have been by
• West Ham United have blocked more opposition shots than any other Premier League team this season (102).
Newcastle United v Manchester United
• Newcastle have suffered 25 Premier League defeats against Manchester United; their joint-highest tally in the competition against an opponent (alongside Arsenal).
• Manchester United have lost just one of their last 12 Premier League away games versus Newcastle United (W9 D2 L1).
• In fact, only away to Everton at Goodison Park and Aston Villa at Villa Park (both 15 wins) have
• The Magpies have failed to score and have attempted just eight shots on target in their last three Premier League home games against Man Utd.
• Wayne Rooney has scored 12 Premier League goals against Newcastle United - only against Aston Villa (13) has he scored more often.
• Rooney scored in Manchester United's last Premier League game against Swansea - the England striker hasn't netted in successive league appearances since November 2014.
• The Red Devils have lost their last two Premier League away games (at Bournemouth and Stoke) - they have not lost three successive top-flight away matches since January 1996.
• Newcastle United have lost three successive matches by a 0-1 scoreline.
• The Magpies have made a league-low 307 touches inside the opposition box so far this season.
• Newcastle have lost more points from winning positions than any other Premier League side this season (12).
Chelsea v West Bromwich Albion
• Chelsea have lost just one of their last six Premier League meetings with WBA (W3 D2 L1).
• West Bromwich Albion have lost more Premier League games against Chelsea than versus any other opponent (14).
• Guus Hiddink has lost just one of his 16 Premier League games as a manager (W12 D3 L1) and has the best win ratio of any manager to have taken charge of 4+ games in the competition (75%).
• Diego Costa has scored as many goals in two Premier League games under Guus Hiddink this season (3) as he had in 14 league appearances under Jose Mourinho and Steve Holland in 2015-16
• Costa has had a hand in three goals (two goals, one assist) in three Premier League games against West Brom.
• The Baggies haven't scored in the opening 15 minutes of a Premier League game since May 18th 2015 and are the only side yet to do so this season.
• In fact, this goal was scored by Saido Berahino versus Chelsea and was also the last goal that Chelsea have conceded in the opening 15 minutes of a Premier League match.
• WBA have scored more headed goals than any other Premier League side this season (9).
• West Bromwich Albion have played the highest proportion of their passes long in the Premier League so far in 2015-16 (21.7%).
• West Bromwich Albion have won their last two Premier League games and will be looking to win three in a row for the first time since November 2012 (four in a row - the third of which was against Chelsea).
Manchester City v Everton
• Manchester City have won four and drawn one of their last five Premier League meetings with the Toffees (W4 D1 L0).
• Everton have won 17 Premier League games against Manchester City, only against West Ham have they won more often (22 wins, also 17 wins versus Newcastle).
• Yaya Toure has had a hand in six goals (three goals, three assists) in eight Premier League appearances versus Everton.
• Romelu Lukaku has scored 10 goals and assisted three more in his last 10 Premier League appearances.
• Lukaku is Everton's top scoring player in the Premier League since the start of 2014-15 with 25 goals; the only player to have reached double figures for the Toffees in this period (Naismith the next best with nine goals).
• After having a hand in seven goals in his first five Premier League appearances this season (one goal, six assists), David Silva has been involved in just one goal (no goals, one assist) in his last seven games in the competition.
• 13 different players have scored a Premier League goal for Manchester City this season (excl. own goals); a wider spread than any other team.
• Everton have scored a Premier League-low tally (3) and proportion (8.3%) of goals from set-pieces so far this season.
• The Etihad Stadium has seen six goals scored in the opening 15 minutes of Premier League games this season; more than any other ground.
• Manchester City's home ground has also seen a league-high nine goals scored from outside the box this season.
Southampton v Watford
• Southampton are unbeaten in their last four league meetings with Watford (W2 D2).
• Watford have failed to score in their last three league games against the Saints.
• This includes the 0-0 draw earlier this season at Vicarage Road in the Premier League when Watford failed to register a single shot on target.
• The Hornets have won three of their last four trips to St. Mary's Stadium, netting exactly three goals in each of these victories.
• Watford have only made 18 changes overall to their starting XI from game to game this season; a league-low.
• Players from 19 different nations have made an appearance for Watford in the Premier League so far this season; a bigger spread than any other team (next most is Leicester with 16 nationalities used).
• No player has been involved in more aerial duels in the Premier League this season than Troy Deeney (237, level with Rudy Gestede).
• Of players to have been involved in 100+ aerial duels in the league this season, Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk has the best success ratio (70%).
• Watford have been losing at half-time in just one of their 20 Premier League games this season (W7 D12); a joint league best alongside Crystal Palace.
• Southampton have lost six of their last eight Premier League games (W1 D1 L6).
Stoke City v Norwich City
• Stoke have lost just one of their last nine home league games against Norwich (W6 D2 L1), but this came in their last meeting with them in September 2013.
• The last eight meetings between these two sides in the league have produced just 11 goals, with no side scoring more than once in a game during this run.
• Norwich City have scored just five goals in their last nine league trips to Stoke City.
• Norwich have won three of their last four Premier League games, the same amount they had won in their previous 23.
• Stoke have been given a joint league-high four red cards in their 20 Premier League games this season, this after receiving only one in 38 games in 2014-15.
• Marko Arnautovic has scored seven goals in the Premier League this season, despite having just 11 shots on target for Stoke.
• The Canaries have conceded three Premier League goals in second half injury time this season, more than any other team.
• Norwich City have had to make the most clearances (665) and headed clearances (393) in the Premier League in 2015-16 so far.
• Of regular first-team goalkeepers in the Premier League this season (minimum 10 games), Jack Butland has the best saves to shots ratio (78.6%).
• Butland has also made a league-high 77 saves this season in the competition; six more than any other goalkeeper.
Swansea City v Sunderland
• Swansea have lost just one of their last 15 league meetings with Sunderland (W6 D8 L1).
• Seven of the last 10 league meetings between Swansea and Sunderland have ended in a draw.
• Sunderland's last victory away at Swansea City in the league was back in November 1963, losing four and drawing three of their league trips there since.
• Swansea have scored just 10 goals in their last 16 Premier League matches and have failed to score in nine of these games.
• Sunderland have picked up just four points in their last 11 Premier League away games (W1 D1 L9). • Jermain Defoe has scored both of Sunderland's goals in their last two Premier League meetings with Swansea (both 1-1 draws).
• No Premier League game at the Liberty Stadium this season has seen a goal scored in the final 15 minutes - the only ground not to do so.
• Sunderland have allowed their opponents 54 more shots on target (124) than they have attempted themselves (70) in the Premier League this season; the biggest negative difference.
• Just 24.5% of Swansea City's Premier League passes this season have been in the attacking third of the pitch; a league-low.
• Sunderland have averaged the fewest successful passes in the opposition half per game (124) and have the lowest passing accuracy in the opposition half of the pitch (62.81%).
Liverpool v Arsenal
• Only Manchester United (21) have secured more Premier League wins against Arsenal than Liverpool (16).
• Liverpool v Arsenal has seen more hat-tricks than any other fixture in Premier League history (5).
• Arsenal have now won 100 Premier League games by a 1-0 scoreline - only Man Utd (110) and Chelsea (115) have won more often with this score.
• The last nine Premier League meetings between these clubs at Anfield have seen 35 goals scored (3.9 per game on average).
• Liverpool have scored 22 goals in their 20 league games so far this season; the lowest tally after 20 games of any league campaign and beating their previous low of 23 in 1923/24 and 1970/71.
• Mesut Ozil has either scored or assisted 16 of Arsenal's last 24 Premier League goals (three goals, 13 assists).
• Alberto Moreno has created more goalscoring chances than any other Liverpool player in the Premier League this season (39) and is also the most creative defender in the competition so far in 2015-16.
• James Milner has run an average of 12.45km per game in the Premier League in 2015-16; further than any other player in the competition.
• Arsenal have scored the first goal of the game on 14 occasions in the Premier League this season; more often than any other team.
• Philippe Coutinho has attempted a league-high 15 shots on target from outside the box this season so far.
Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City
• Spurs are unbeaten in their last five Premier League meetings with Leicester (W3 D2).
• After scoring in 18 successive Premier League matches, Leicester City have now failed to score in their last three games in the competition.
• The last nine league meetings between these two clubs have produced 38 goals (4.2 per game on average).
• The Foxes have the Premier League's lowest passing accuracy so far in 2015-16 (69.8%).
• Leicester City have conceded more goals to opposition substitutes than any other Premier League team this season (8).
• Tottenham have fielded the youngest starting XI this season in the Premier League on average (24y 304d).
• Leicester City have scored a league-high five goals from fast breaks this season in the Premier League.
• N'Golo Kanté has made the most tackles (79) and interceptions (81) in the Premier League so far this season.
• Spurs have committed a league-high 258 fouls in the Premier League so far in 2015-16.
• Tottenham Hotspur have attempted 61 more shots on target (126) than they have allowed their opponents (65) in the Premier League this season - the biggest difference of all 20 teams.