Premier League Opta Stats - 13-15 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Blackburn Rovers v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Brett Emerton has scored in three of his five Premier League appearances against Wolves.
- Blackburn have scored first in all six Premier League meetings against Wolves.
- Rovers conceded the highest percentage of goals in the second half of games of any team in the 2010-11 Premier League.
- Rovers have drawn four of their last six Premier League games at Ewood Park.
- Mick McCarthy's side have only kept two clean sheets in their last 20 Premier League away games.
- Wolves have only ever won seven out of 57 Premier League away games.
Fulham v Aston Villa
- Eight of the last 13 Premier League games between Fulham and Villa have ended as draws.
- Aston Villa dropped more points (26) from winning positions than any other team in the 2010-11 Premier League.
- Fulham conceded the highest percentage of first-half goals (63%) in the 2010-11 Premier League.
- Aston Villa conceded a joint league-high 14 goals from corners in 2010-11.
- The Villans have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 20 Premier League away games.
- Fulham have lost just one of their last nine Premier League home matches.
Liverpool v Sunderland
- Sunderland have only scored in three of their last 14 Premier League matches against Liverpool.
- Liverpool have won eight and lost just one of the last 10 Premier League games against the Black Cats.
- The Reds have lost just one of their last 10 Premier League games at Anfield.
- Sunderland have won their last two Premier League away games; they have won three in a row only once (in Autumn 1999).
- Liverpool averaged 1.87 points/game with Steven Gerrard starting in the last three seasons & 1.69 points/game without him.
- Sunderland scored with 11 % of their shots in 2010-11 - only two teams (West Ham & Wigan) netted with a lower proportion.
QPR v Bolton Wanderers
- QPR had the best defence in the 2010-11 Championship conceding just 32 goals.
- Bolton lost their last five Premier League games of 2010-11.
- The Trotters have won just one of their last 18 Premier League away games and have picked up just one point from the last 36 available on the road.
- QPR won none of their last three home matches in the Championship, drawing two and losing the other.
- Bolton have won four and lost none of the last five matches against QPR.
- QPR won both meetings with Bolton in the Premier League by a single goal margin.
Wigan Athletic v Norwich City
- Norwich City were the top scorers in the 2010-11 Championship with 83 goals.
- Norwich City have the 7th best (out of 44) all-time Premier League points/game record in August, with 1.58 per match.
- Wigan have lost both of their previous home games on the opening day of a Premier League season without finding the net.
- Wigan have only kept one clean sheet in their last 11 Premier League games at the DW Stadium.
- The Latics have only lost three of their last 15 Premier League home matches
- Norwich have lost only one of their last eight away games in the league.
- But the Canaries have won none of their last 30 away games in the Premier League, a run stretching back to December 1994.
Newcastle United v Arsenal
- The Gunners have won just one of their last 10 matches in all competitions away from the Emirates Stadium.
- The Magpies have lost just one of their last nine Premier League games at St James Park.
- Newcastle have kept just one clean sheet in their last 11 Premier League matches.
- Arsenal had a player sent off in both games against Newcastle last season.
- Robin van Persie has scored five goals in eight appearances against Newcastle.
- Van Persie has scored in his last nine away games, a Premier League record.
Stoke City v Chelsea
- Chelsea have won their last nine opening day fixtures, the longest run of its kind since the Premier League started, and the longest such current run of any side in the four tiers of English football.
- The Blues dropped fewer points from winning positions (6) than any other team in the 2010-11 Premier League.
- Stoke scored 30% of their goals in the final 15 minutes of matches, a league-high proportion in that period of the game.
- The Potters scored only one goal in the opening 15 minutes of games in 2010-11, a league low.
- Chelsea have won five and lost none of the six Premier League games against Stoke.
- André Villas-Boas lost only one away game in all competitions with FC Porto last season (v Villarreal in May).
West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United
- West Brom are yet to win an opening day fixture in the Premier League. The Baggies have drawn two and lost three of their five attempts so far.
- The Baggies recouped more points (27) from losing positions than any other team in the 2010-11 Premier League.
- West Brom conceded a joint league-high 14 goals from corners in 2010-11.
- David de Gea conceded more goals to shots from outside the area than any goalkeeper in LigaBBVA last season (11).
- Man Utd came back to win only three of 11 PL games where they were trailing last term (v West Ham and v Blackpool twice).
- West Brom only kept two clean sheets in the league in 2010/11, the lowest ever amount in a single Premier League season.
Manchester City v Swansea City
- Joe Hart posted the best save % of any goalkeeper in the 2010-11 Premier League (76%).
- Man City won more penalties (9) than any other team in the 2010-11 Premier League.
- Manchester City have drawn all five of their home games on the opening day of PL seasons, with four of those games ending 1-1.
- Swansea have lost their last five games on the opening day of the season, the current longest such run of any side in the four tiers of English football.
- Man City have won nine and lost none of their last 10 Premier league home games.
- Manchester City scored the most goals from deflected shots (8) & own goals accrued (2) combined (10).