Premier League Opta Stats 17th-18th September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Blackburn Rovers v Arsenal
- Blackburn have won just one of their last 10 Premier League games against Arsenal.
- Rovers have won just one of their last nine Premier League matches at Ewood Park.
- Robin van Persie has scored eight goals in 10 Premier League games against Blackburn, but was injured in this fixture last season in August 2010.
- The Dutchman has scored in 10 of his last 11 Premier League away games (netting a total of 12 goals in that run).
- David Dunn has scored five goals in eight Premier League games for Blackburn against Arsenal.
- Andrey Arshavin has scored three goals in five Premier League appearances against Blackburn.
- Rovers have lost nine times in the Premier League at home to Arsenal, more than against any other opponent on their own patch.
- Arsenal have won just one of their last nine Premier League away matches, versus relegated Blackpool.
- Blackburn have dropped five points from winning positions this season, more than any other team.
- This is the worst start to a Premier League season for both Blackburn and Arsenal.
- Arsenal have lost 99 Premier League away games.
Aston Villa v Newcastle United
- Aston Villa have lost just one of their last 10 Premier League home matches.
- The last two Premier League games between Villa and the Magpies at Villa Park have ended 1-0 to the home side.
- The Villans have lost just one of their last 12 Premier League games, but have drawn three of the last four.
- Newcastle are one of only two sides to keep three clean sheets in the Premier League so far this season.
- Stilyan Petrov has made more interceptions (16) than any other Premier League player.
- Aston Villa have drawn 226 matches in Premier League history, more than any other side in the competition.
- Newcastle have won only one of their last seven Premier League away trips to play clubs from the Midlands.
- Alex McLeish has won just one of his last 10 matches as a Premier League coach.
- McLeish has won none and lost three of the four matches as a Premier League coach against Newcastle United.
- Since losing to Villa in April, Newcastle have lost just one of their last 10 Premier League matches and are on a seven-game unbeaten run.
Bolton Wanderers v Norwich City
- Bolton have won four of the last five league meetings with Norwich.
- The Trotters have won the last five home games against the Canaries with Norwich failing to score in the last four visits.
- The last three meetings between Norwich and Bolton at the Reebok Stadium have all ended 1-0 to The Trotters.
- Bolton have lost eight and won just one of their last nine Premier League matches.
- Only one of Bolton's last 20 Premier League matches has ended as a draw.
- Bolton have never lost five consecutive Premier League home games in the top flight of English football.
- Norwich have won none of their last 32 away matches in the top flight.
- Bolton have committed more fouls than any other team in the Premier League this season (58).
- Norwich have conceded penalties in each of their first four games of the season.
- The Reebok Stadium has seen more first half goals (6) than any other ground in the top flight this term.
Everton v Wigan Athletic
- Wigan have just won two of the 12 Premier League meetings with Everton.
- The Latics have only scored nine goals in the dozen Premier League fixtures against the Toffees.
- Wigan have only lost one of their last eight Premier League matches.
- Everton haven't drawn 0-0 in the Premier League since they met Wigan at Goodison Park in December 2010.
- Everton have conceded just six corners this season, fewer than any other team in the top flight.
- The Toffees have allowed their opponents the joint-fewest shots on target against them than any team in the Premier League (11).
- Former Latics' favourite Leighton Baines has scored two penalties in the last four games between Wigan and Everton, which earned the Toffees an extra three points in total.
- Wigan have won just seven of 39 Premier League north-west derbies away from home.
- The Latics have earned just 12 points from their last 16 north west derby matches.
- Everton are unbeaten in their last 11 Premier League north west derbies at Goodison Park, winning eight in that run.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion
- Swansea and West Brom have each won nine of the 24 league meetings between the two sides.
- The clean sheet against Norwich last time out ended a run of 20 away matches without a shut out for the Baggies.
- Swansea have yet to score in the Premier League and would be the first team to fail to find the net in their opening five matches if they don't score in this match.
- Only once before has a side failed to score in their opening five top-flight matches in England: Ipswich in 1970-71.
- 49% of all Swansea's passes have been made in their own half, the highest proportion of any team in the top flight.
- West Brom have won three and lost only two of their last eight Premier League away games.
- Swansea have committed just 27 fouls this season, fewer than any other team in the Premier League.
- The Swans posted the best home record in the Championship last season with 50 points and only three defeats in 23 games.
- The Welsh outfit are currently unbeaten in 10 successive home games in league competition.
- Referee Martin Atkinson awarded the most penalties (14) and the most red cards (11) in the 2010-11 Premier League season
- Atkinson has already shown the joint-most red cards this season (2).
Wolverhampton Wanderers v QPR
- Wolves have only kept one clean sheet in their last seven Premier League home matches.
- Wolves have the best crossing accuracy in the Premier League this season, finding a team-mate with 32% of their centres.
- Wolves have won five and lost none of their last seven home games against QPR.
- Nine of the last 11 goals scored in the matches between Wolves and QPR have been netted in the second half of games.
- Wolves have conceded 41 corners, more than any other team in the top flight.
- QPR have already used 26 players this season, the joint-most along with Arsenal in the Premier League.
- Wolves have only used 12 different players in their starting 11 in this season's Premier League, fewer than any other side.
- Danny Gabbidon has made more clearances (55) than any other player in the Premier League.
- Wolves have only won seven of 32 games against London sides in the Premier League.
- QPR have failed to score in four of their last five Premier League matches.
Sunderland v Stoke City
- None of the six Premier League meetings between Sunderland and Stoke has ended as an away win, with five wins and a draw for the home side.
- Stoke have had a player sent off in two of their three Premier League visits to the Stadium of Light.
- The Potters have failed to score in all three of their Premier League visits to the Stadium of Light.
- Sunderland have won just three of their last 18 Premier League matches.
- The Black Cats have lost eight and won one of their last nine Premier League matches at the Stadium of Light.
- It is 10 games at the Stadium of Light without a clean sheet for Sunderland.
- Stoke's win over West Brom at the end of August ended a run of 11 away matches without a win for The Potters in the Premier League.
- Stoke have only scored three goals in their last six Premier League matches.
- Stoke have fired in fewer shots on target than any other Premier League team this season (8).
- Stoke have recorded the lowest percentage cross completion in the Premier League this season (15%).
Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool
- Since taking over, Harry Redknapp has overseen five wins in seven games in all competitions for Spurs against Liverpool.
- There has been a penalty awarded in each of the last four Premier League matches between Tottenham and Liverpool.
- Jamie Carragher has scored the same number of Premier League goals for Liverpool as he has for Tottenham (3).
- Defeat last time out against Manchester City ended a run of 17 Premier League home games without a loss for Spurs, but they have won just one of their last five at White Hart Lane.
- Spurs have conceded as many goals (14) in their last six home matches as they did in the previous 25 matches at White Hart Lane.
- Spurs have won the last three home games against Liverpool by a 2-1 scoreline and their previous victory back in January 2004 was also by that score.
- Liverpool have kept just one clean sheet in their last seven Premier League matches.
- Liverpool have won 35 corners this term, more than any other team in the Premier League.
- The Reds have allowed their opponents the joint-fewest shots on target against them than any team in the Premier League (11).
- Tottenham have allowed their opponents more shots on target against them than any other side in the Premier League.
Fulham v Manchester City
- Neither side has kept a clean sheet in the last 14 Premier League matches between Fulham and Man City.
- In the last seven league games between Man City and Fulham, 11 of the 12 goals the Whites have scored have been netted in the second half, while 10 of the 13 City have scored have come in the first half.
- In fact, all of the last 22 goals scored by Man City in this fixture have come before the 60th minute.
- Damien Duff has scored in his last two away games against Man City.
- Fulham have lost just one of their last 11 Premier League games at Craven Cottage, though they have drawn the last three in a row.
- Man City have won their last seven Premier League games in a row, their best run in the top flight since February 1978.
- City's best ever top flight winning sequence was nine games between April and September 1912.
- City have kept five clean sheets in their last seven Premier League outings.
- Man City have lost just one of their last 10 Premier League visits to play London sides.
- Manchester City have gone 14 Premier League games without a draw since they played out a 1-1 with Fulham at the Etihad Stadium in February.
Manchester United v Chelsea
- Javier Hernandez scored in three of his five appearances in all competitions against Chelsea last season.
- The last three Premier League meetings between Chelsea and Man Utd all ended 2-1 as did the last meeting in the Champions League.
- United won four of the five meetings with Chelsea in all competitions last season.
- Man Utd have scored more goals after four Premier League matches than any other team in Premier League history.
- Man Utd have scored with 30% of their shots so far this season (roughly one in three) compared to the Premier League average of 11% (one in nine).
- Chelsea have won five times at Old Trafford in the Premier League era, more often than any other team.
- Man Utd have averaged fewer points per game at home against Chelsea than against any other opponent (1.47) and are the only team they have a lower than 50% win percentage against (37%).
- Man Utd have scored in their last 32 consecutive matches at Old Trafford in the Premier League, winning 30 and losing just one of those matches. The solitary defeat was against Chelsea in April 2010.
- Wayne Rooney has scored nine goals in his last five Premier League starts.
- Ashley Young has a joint-high four goal assists in the Premier league this season.
- Man Utd have set a new Premier League record of 17 consecutive home wins.