Scottish Premier League Opta Facts: 15-17 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
Aberdeen v Celtic
- Aberdeen have only managed one win in their last 19 league meetings with Celtic.
- Scott McDonald has managed to score five goals in his last four appearances against Aberdeen.
- There have been 16 goals scored in the last three league matches between these two sides at Pittodrie.
- The Dons have lost just once in their last 14 home league matches – this came against Celtic in their last meeting at Pittodrie.
- Away from home, Celtic have managed to collect only two wins from their last nine attempts in the SPL.
- Celtic have not lost any of their 11 opening day fixtures in the SPL.
Hibernian v St Mirren
- St Mirren have scored only one goal in their last four meetings with Hibs.
- Hibernian have won 10 of their last 11 home matches against St Mirren.
- Hibs have managed just one win in their last nine SPL fixtures.
- At Easter Road, Hibs have collected only three points from their last five league matches.
- St Mirren have lost four of their last five matches in the SPL.
- Hibernian are the league’s draw specialists on the opening day – they have drawn five of their nine opening fixtures.
Kilmarnock v Hamilton
- Hamilton have won the last three competitive matches between the two sides.
- The away side have only been successful in one of their last eight meetings.
- At least one side has failed to score in their last six matches between these two at Rugby Park.
- Kilmarnock will hope to collect their fourth successive SPL victory in this match.
- Killie are unbeaten in five consecutive home league matches, conceding only two goals in the process.
- Hamilton have scored only five goals in their last 12 SPL matches.
Rangers v Falkirk
- Rangers have won their last nine matches against Falkirk.
- The Gers have scored 12 goals in their last three home league matches against Falkirk.
- Nacho Novo has scored three goals in his last three appearances against the Bairns.
- The Gers have dropped just ten points from their last 33 home matches in the SPL.
- Falkirk have won only twice in their last 14 league matches away from home, both coming in the final two matches of last season.
- The Bairns have hit just five goals in their last nine league games.
St Johnstone v Motherwell
- The home side has failed to win in the last seven meetings between these two, losing on six occasions and drawing in the other.
- St Johnstone failed to score in their final four matches in the SPL – but this was in 2001/02.
- The last side that St Johnstone managed to find the net against in the SPL was Motherwell – back in April 2002.
- Motherwell managed to win their final two SPL matches away from home last season, scoring exactly three goals in both.
- Jim Gannon’s side have previously only been able to win twice in 11 attempts on the opening day of the SPL.
- St Johnstone have lost all four of their previous opening day fixtures in the SPL.
Dundee United v Hearts
- Dundee United have not been able to score against Hearts in a competitive match for 299 minutes prior to this game.
- The away side in this fixture has scored just one goal in their last five meetings.
- Hearts have failed to score in four successive SPL away games.
- The Jambo’s last SPL away win came on 28th February 2009 – against Dundee United.
- Dundee United have lost their last three SPL matches.
- Hearts have won seven of their previous 11 opening day SPL matches.