Scottish Premiership Opta Facts - 1-2 August
Celtic v Ross County
- Celtic are unbeaten in each of their last seven Scottish Premiership fixtures against Ross County (W4 D3).
- The Staggies have taken two points from their four previous league visits to Celtic Park (W2 D2), scoring only twice.
- The Hoops kept a clean sheet in all three of their league meetings with Ross County last season.
- Ross County are yet to win on opening day in the Scottish Premiership (D1 L2).
- Celtic have won each of their last seven opening day league games. In fact, the last time they lost in their first match of a Scottish Premiership season was 1997/98.
- The Bhoys went 11 games unbeaten at the end of last season, winning nine and drawing twice.
Hamilton v Partick Thistle
- Hamilton won just one of the five clashes with Partick Thistle last season in all competitions (D2 L2).
- Indeed, Partick have lost just one of their last seven matches against the Accies (W4 D2).
- Hamilton have lost each of their last three opening day games in the top-flight without scoring.
- By contrast, the Jags haven't lost any of their previous four season openers in the Scottish Premiership (W1 D3).
- The Accies conceded just four goals in the opening 15 minutes last season, a joint-league low with Aberdeen and Celtic.
- Partick's Kris Doolan netted four goals against Hamilton last January, the only time last season in the Scottish Premiership in which a player scored four times.
Inverness CT v Motherwell
- None of the last 15 league games between Inverness and Motherwell have ended in a draw (six wins for Caley, nine for Motherwell).
- Inverness have scored in each of their last 10 home games against the Steelmen.
- Motherwell have won just once in their last four visits to the Caledonian Stadium (L3).
- Well are unbeaten in their last four matches on opening day in the top-flight, keeping a clean sheet in each match (W3 D1).
- Caley Thistle claimed the most points from behind last season in the Scottish Premiership (15).
- Motherwell won just 10 points away from home in 2014/15, the lowest total in the Scottish Premiership.
Kilmarnock v Dundee
- Kilmarnock have lost their last two league games against Dundee at Rugby Park.
- The Dees have been beaten just once in their last seven league matches with Kilmarnock (W3 D3).
- This will be the fourth season in five that Killie have started the season against a team from Dundee (twice v Dundee, once v Dundee United). All three previous games have ended in draws.
- Greg Stewart scored three goals in his three games against Kilmarnock last season.
- Kilmarnock lost more points from leading situations than any other Scottish Premiership side in 2014/15 (21).
- The Dark Blues didn't win any of their final seven games in 2014/15, losing six of them (D1).
Hearts v St Johnstone
- Hearts didn't win any of their three games against St Johnstone in 2013/14, losing twice and drawing the other.
- The last game between the two sides ended 3-3 in January 2014, with three players getting sent off including Steven Anderson and Alan Mannus for St Johnstone. Hearts scored in the 89th and 90th minute to secure the point.
- The last four Scottish Premiership games between the two at Tynecastle have ended 2-0 each time, with Hearts winning three of those four matches.
- No team scored fewer away goals than St Johnstone last season (15), though they did have the fourth best away record overall
- Hearts have scored in nine of their last 10 home matches against the Saints, though failed to find the net in their most recent meeting.
- The Saints netted just four goals from outside the area last campaign, a joint-league low with Ross County.
Dundee Utd v Aberdeen
- In five meetings across all competitions last season, Dundee United edged out Aberdeen by three wins to two.
- Aberdeen have taken all three points in three of their last four visits to Tannadice.
- Dundee United have scored exactly once in six of their last seven home league games against Aberdeen (W2 D1 L4).
- The Dons scored just seven times in the last 15 minutes, a league low in 2014/15
- The Terrors are undefeated in six opening day Scottish Premiership fixtures (W3 D3), keeping a clean sheet in each of the last three.
- Adam Rooney has scored three times in his last three league games against Dundee United.