Scottish Premiership Opta Facts - 13 August
Dundee United v Motherwell
- Dundee United have won their last three matches against Motherwell, scoring 12 times and conceding just twice.
- Having gone without defeat in five trips to Tannadice, Well have lost their last two matches there.
- A Dundee United player has scored a brace in each of the last three league games with Well (Nadir Ciftci, Gavin Gunning & Ryan Gauld)
- Dundee United have conceded in each of their last 12 league games.
- There were 18 goals scored in the four meetings between these two sides last term, an average of 4.5 goals per game.
Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Dundee
- Caley have lost just one of their last seven games against Dundee, winning four and drawing two.
- Both teams have scored in the seven previous meetings in the Scottish Premiership.
- Inverness have lost just one of their last nine games on home soil (W2 D6).
- Dundee have failed to keep a clean in any of their last 16 away matches in the Scottish Premiership.
- The Dark Blues have lost all three previous meetings with Inverness at the Caledonian Stadium in the Scottish Premiership.
Kilmarnock v Aberdeen
- Kilmarnock are winless in four games at Rugby Park against the Dons (D2 L2).
- Aberdeen have won their last four league games against Killie all by a single goal.
- Aberdeen have netted in 14 of their last 15 away matches in the Scottish Premiership.
- Killie have both scored and conceded in five of their last seven home games, winning just twice (D2 L3).
- The Dons failed to register a single shot on target in their 3-0 defeat to Dundee United on the opening weekend.
Partick Thistle v Ross County
- The Jags were beaten 3-2 at home on the final day of last season by Ross County - Melvin De Leeuw grabbed the winner.
- In fact, Ross County scored three goals in both of their trips to Firhill Stadium last season.
- Ross County have conceded in 15 of their last 16 away outings.
- The Jags have failed to keep a clean sheet in each of their last 11 home matches.
- Steven Lawless netted three goals in three appearances against Ross County last term.
St Johnstone v Celtic
- St Johnstone have won only one of their last 11 games against Celtic, losing seven times (D3).
- Celtic have won only one of their last four games at McDiarmid Park, drawing twice and losing once. However, they have been beaten there just once since 1999.
- After going seven games (all comps) without a goal towards the end of last season, Steven MacLean has scored three goals in his last four games (all comps).
- Celtic have scored two or more goals in eight of their last nine away league games, winning six (D2 L1).
- Anthony Stokes has scored 10 goals in his last nine league appearances for Celtic.
St Mirren v Hamilton Academical
- St Mirren have failed to score in eight of their last 10 Scottish Premiership games against the Accies.
- In that period, Hamilton have been beaten just once by the Buddies (W4 D5).
- St Mirren (17) fired in more shots on the opening weekend of the Scottish Premiership than any other side, though they failed to find the back of the net.
- Hamilton have failed to score in each of their last three games against St Mirren, though all of those have been in Cup competitions.
- St Mirren are unbeaten in their last four on home soil, keeping two clean sheets (W3 D1).