Serie A Opta Facts - 10-12 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bologna - Cagliari
- Cagliari have won 16 of their 47 previous meetings with Bologna, the Felsinei have had the better on 13 occasions, 18 draws complete the record.
- Cagliari are unbeaten in their last seven meetings with Bologna, whose last win was in 2005 (1-0).
- Over these last seven meetings, there was a 5-1 win to Cagliari in 2008/09 that remains the biggest win between these two sides in the top-flight.
- Marco Di Vaio has already netted seven goals against the Sardinians in Serie A, three of which have come for Bologna.
- Bologna are winless in their last three home fixtures, their last win came against Novara (1-0, goal courtesy of Robert Acquafresca).
- The Sardinians have picked up just three points from their last eight games on the road in the league.
- In six of these last eight away games Cagliari have failed to score.
- Cagliari will have to make do without Mauricio Pinilla, who has scored seven goals in his last nine Serie A appearances for his side.
- Previously, the Chilean striker had bagged just 10 goals in 41 Serie A appearances.
Catania - Lecce
- These two sides have met just five times in Serie A: the record is perfectly even, with two wins each and a draw.
- Catania have won the last two meetings: 3-2 at home thanks to a Lodi brace and 1-0 away in the reverse fixture back in November.
- Last Saturday's 3-2 defeat against Chievo ended a run of eight games without losing for the Sicilians in this competition.
- Cagliari and Chievo have been the only two sides able to win at the Massimino in this Serie A campaign.
- Chievo have also been the only side managing to score more than a single goal at Catania over the last 17 league fixtures played there.
- Catania would sit sixth in the Serie A table on 29 points, just six points below the top, taking into account just the home fixtures played by each team in this campaign.
- Lecce have collected more points on the road (16) than at home (15) so far this term.
- Catania have already been awarded nine penalties, a league-high alongside AC Milan.
- Lecce have picked-up the most yellow cards in this Serie A season (86).
- After three draws in a row, Lecce got back to winning ways against Roma last Saturday: 4-2, with braces by Luis Muriel (his first in Serie A), and David Di Michele (his ninth).
Chievo - AC Milan
- This will be the 20th meeting between these two sides in Serie A: Chievo have won just twice, both at the Bentegodi, the Rossoneri have had the better on 14 occasions.
- The last 10 meetings have all been won by AC Milan.
- Chievo have kept just one clean sheet against AC Milan: 0-0 in 2002/03.
- Massimiliano Allegri's side won the reverse fixture 4-0, the biggest win in the historical head-to-head between these two teams.
- The 1-1 draw in their last away game v Catania ended a run of four consecutive wins for the Rossoneri away from the San Siro.
- Last Saturday against Fiorentina, Zlatan Ibrahimovic converted his 12th consecutive penalty in Serie A.
- In their 3-2 win v Catania, Chievo managed to score more than two goals for the first time in this campaign.
- Last Saturday Antonio Cassano played his first game after being sidelined for six months, he had seven touches, completed two passes out of three and won a foul.
- Despite defeat against the Viola in their last game, AC Milan still boast the best attack of this competition (61 goals, 23 of which have been scored by current Serie A top-scorer, Zlatan Ibrahimovic).
Fiorentina - Palermo
- This will be the 50th meeting between these two sides in Serie A: the Viola lead by 27 wins to 14, just eight draws complete the form.
- Palermo have had the better in four of their last six meetings against Fiorentina, two wins for the Tuscans complete the record.
- These two sides have shared the points just once in their last 14 meetings: 1-1 at the Barbera in March 2007.
- At the Franchi, this fixture has ended without a winner only once in Serie A, back in 1949.
- By beating AC Milan last Saturday, the Viola ended a negative run that had seen them taking just two points from their previous five games.
- Delio Rossi's side though have lost their last two home games, against Chievo and Juve, conceding seven goals in the process.
- Palermo have won just one game on the road in this campaign, on their last trip to Bologna.
- The last time Palermo went unbeaten away from home for three games in a row was between April and May 2010.
- Amauri has scored four goals against his current team, two of which came when he was at Palermo; he has also scored two goals against the Rosanero in the top-flight.
- Last Saturday Amauri managed to score his first goal on his 11th appearance for Fiorentina in the league, ending a goal scoring drought that had started in April 2011.
Genoa - Cesena
- The draw is the most frequent result between Genoa and Cesena in the league (seven times out of 15), Genoa lead by five wins to three.
- However, these two sides have only ever shared one draw at the Marassi in the league (0-0 in 1981).
- Genoa are winless in their last 10 fixtures, and have drawn their last three home games.
- The Grifoni would be one spot above bottom on just five points, taking into account just these last 10 match-days.
- Cesena have won just one game in 2012, and have drawn their last three games (0-0 the last two).
- Cesena have found the net with just two of the last 64 shots attempted over the last eight games of this Serie A campaign.
- This game will see this season's worst attack (Cesena, 18 goals scored) meeting the worst defence (Genoa, 58 goals conceded),
- 11 of these goals conceded by Genoa have come in the first 15 minutes of play, a league-high figure.
- Cesena have scored and conceded the fewest headed goals this season (one in both cases).
- After losing four away games in a row, Cesena drew 0-0 in their last away fixture against Lecce.
- Last Saturday against Novara, Rodrigo Palacio scored his 17th goal of this campaign, already one more than the total of those he bagged over the previous two Serie A seasons.
Inter - Siena
- Inter are unbeaten in Serie A against Siena.
- Over these 15 meetings, only once have Inter failed to score against Siena (0-0 in 2005/06).
- In the two fixtures played in 2009/10, the Nerazzurri won at the San Siro 4-3 coming back from 2-3 down, while they secured the Scudetto by winning the return leg 1-0 in Siena thanks to a Milito effort.
- Milito is the Serie A top scorer in 2012 on 14 goals.
- The "Principe" has recorded a 50% conversion ratio since the start of 2012, finding the net with 14 of his 28 total attempts.
- Under new manager Stramaccioni, Inter have conceded six goals in two games from a total of 11 shots on target conceded to their opponents.
- By beating Genoa in their last game at home, Inter ended a run of five winless games at the San Siro in the league.
- Should they lose against Siena, Inter would equal their record of home defeats in a single Serie A campaign dating back to 1955/56 (six).
- Siena have won five of their last seven Serie A fixtures.
- This the Tuscans' best Serie A campaign so far: they had never picked up 39 points after the first 31 match-days before.
- Siena have conceded just 32 goals, previously they had always shipped at least 33 after the first 31 games of the season in the top-flight.
Juventus - Lazio
- These two sides have met 135 times so far in Serie A: Juve lead by 69 wins to 32, with 34 draws.
- Juve are unbeaten in their last 14 meetings against Lazio, whose last win dates back to 2003/04 (2-0 at the Olimpico).
- That was also the last game when the Old Lady failed to score in the league against Lazio.
- Last Saturday Juventus ended the first half 0-0 for the 12th time this season; each time they have gone on to keep a clean sheet in the game.
- Juventus have already kept 17 clean sheets - a league-most; last season they had finished just 10 games without conceding in the whole campaign.
- Gigi Buffon is now the ‘keeper with the most clean sheets amongst the top-5 European leagues (17).
- In facts, Juventus boast the best defence of this Serie A campaign (only 17 goals conceded).
- None of the last 46 shots faced by Juventus over the last five match-days has gone past Buffon.
- Siena have been the only side able to keep a clean sheet at Juventus this term (0-0).
- Lazio have alternated a home win to an away loss over the last four rounds: this trend would result into a Juve win in this fixture.
- Roma-born Simone Pepe has scored Juventus' last two goals against Lazio in Serie A, enough to secure the Old Lady two 1-0 wins.
- Alex Del Piero's next goal v Lazio will be his 10th against them in Serie A.
Napoli - Atalanta
- These two sides have met 81 times in Serie A: Napoli lead by 36 wins to 20.
- Napoli are unbeaten in their last four meetings against Atalanta, though the Partenopei have won just three of the last 13 meetings against them in the league.
- Atalanta have scored just two goals in total over their last 11 visits to the San Paolo in Serie A.
- Last Saturday against Lazio, Napoli conceded their first penalty of the campaign - now all Serie A sides have conceded at least one this season.
- Napoli are winless in the last four rounds: after drawing with Udinese and Catania, the Partenopei lost to Juventus and Lazio.
- The last time Napoli lost three games in a row in Serie A was between February and March 2009.
- Atalanta have won just one of their last six league games, and one of their last 11 away from home.
- The Nerazzurri haven't scored a goal in their last four games on the road.
- Edinson Cavani has already scored six goals in his six previous appearances against Atalanta in Serie A, but only once for Napoli; he hasn't scored more goals against any other Italian opponent.
- Over his last two league appearances, the Uruguayan striker fired in just two shots, one on target, without scoring.
Parma - Novara
- The reverse fixture won by Novara 2-1 is the only previous meeting between these two sides.
- Parma have won just one of their last 10 games, in their last game at the Tardini (3-1 vs Lazio).
- That result ended a run of four home games without a win for the Ducali in this competition.
- Novara have conceded six goals over their last two games, as many as they had shipped in total over their previous nine fixtures.
- Novara have not shared the points in their last 10 games on the road: their last away draw was in October, 1-1 vs Lecce.
- Novara have the worst away record of this campaign: just eight points for them.
- Attilio Tesser's side have already conceded 12 headed goals in this Serie A season, a league-high.
- They are also the only side yet to score a goal in the opening 15 minutes of play this season.
- Parma have conceded the most goals in the second half: 36, 16 of which have come in the closing 15 minutes of play.
- Sebastian Giovinco has had 44 shots off target, only Antonio Di Natale has had more inaccurate attempts at goal.
Roma - Udinese
- Roma and Udinese have already met 75 times in Serie A: the Giallorossi lead by 34 wins to 19.
- Over the last four seasons, this fixture has recorded a perfect balance: both sides have won three times, with Udinese having the better in the reverse fixture, one draw completes the record.
- Udinese have failed to score at Roma's ground just once in their last 12 meetings, on their last visit to the Olimpico in November 2010.
- Last Saturday against Lecce, Roma ended a game conceding more than three goals for the third time this season.
- Including that defeat against Lecce, Roma have now lost 12 games this season, only on one occasion over their previous 26 Serie A campaigns have the Giallorossi lost 12 of their first 31 games: that was in 2004-05 when Totti & co. failed to qualify for Europe.
- Roma remain the side with the fewest draws in this campaign (just five, three at home).
- By scoring last Saturday against Parma, Antonio Di Natale has reached the 20-goal tally for the 3rd consecutive season in Serie A.
- Di Natale has already scored 11 goals against Roma - his favourite target in Serie A.
- Four of Udinese's last five goals against the Giallorossi in the top-flight have been scored by Di Natale.
- Francesco Totti has scored 12 goals vs Udinese, including five braces.
- 33 of Roma's 49 total goals in this competition have been scored by new signings (67%).