Serie A Opta Facts - 11-13 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atalanta - Lecce
- Atalanta have lost just one of their last 11 meetings with Lecce in Serie A, winning five, including the 2-1 victory in Puglia in the reverse fixture.
- At home, Atalanta are unbeaten in their last five games with Lecce (two wins and three draws).
- Lecce have drawn at Atalanta's ground more than at any other Serie A ground so far (four times).
- In three of the last four meetings between these two sides a player has been sent off.
- In the reverse fixture, German Denis scored his first brace for Atalanta: Lecce are the Serie A side against whom Denis has netted the most goals so far (three).
- Valeri Bojinov has also scored three goals against Atalanta, two of which came during his first spell at Lecce between 2004 and 2005.
- Atalanta have lost four of their last five Serie A fixtures, winning the other 1-0 over Cesena.
- Atalanta have lost their last two home games, both 2-0, against AC Milan and Juventus; there has only been one win for them over their last five games at home.
- Lecce have lost just one of their last five league games, 2-1 at Udinese; two wins and two draws in the process.
- However, Lecce have managed just one win in their last six games on the road, 1-0 in Florence, losing four times.
Bologna - Juventus
- Bologna have won just one of their last 20 Serie A games against Juventus, 2-0 in Turin last season.
- On that occasion, Marco Di Vaio scored his last Serie A brace.
- Juventus are unbeaten at the Dall'Ara in their last nine meetings, and have dropped just three points in this run.
- Juventus are the visiting side with the most wins at the Dall'Ara in the top-flight (26).
- Bologna have drawn their last four games (two 0-0 and two 1-1), and are unbeaten in the last five match-days of Serie A.
- None of the last six games involving Bologna has produced more than two goals.
- Bologna have lost just one of their last five games in this competition, 2-0 at home against Roma - two wins and two draws complete their recent record.
- Juventus remain the only unbeaten side amongst the top-5 European leagues after 21 games; however, the Old Lady have drawn five of their last 10 games, and three of the last five.
- Juve have won their last two away games, and have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three games on the road.
- Antonio Conte's side have conceded just two goals over their last seven games; overall, they boast the best defence of this competition (only 13 goals conceded).
- Bologna have already conceded seven goals from outside the penalty area - a Serie A high.
Cagliari - Palermo
- This is the 22nd "Derby of the Islands" in Serie A: the Sardinians lead by eight wins to seven, six draws complete the record.
- However, Cagliari have managed to beat Palermo only once in their last six Serie A meetings, 3-1 in their last meeting at the Sant'Elia.
- At home, Cagliari are unbeaten in their last three meetings against Palermo (two wins and a draw).
- Palermo have scored overall just five goals in their 10 previous visits to Cagliari, failing to score on six of those.
- The Sardinians have won just one of their last five games, 4-2 at home against Roma, sharing the points three times.
- The Sardinians have failed to score in three of their last four league games.
- Palermo have taken 10 points of the last 12 available, scoring on average 3.3 goals per game over the last four match-days of Serie A.
- Away from home though, the Sicilians are yet to win their first game in this campaign: Fabrizio Miccoli & co. have picked up just four points in 11 games on the road so far.
- In their last away game, against Inter, the Rosanero scored four goals after they had managed to find the net just twice in their previous 10 games on the road.
- Fabrizio Miccoli has been directly involved in 10 of Palermo's last 11 league goals, scoring five and making as many assists.
Catania - Genoa
- The last five meetings between these two sides in the league have been won by the home side.
- Catania have beaten Genoa in their last three meetings at the Massimino.
- Genoa have won just once in Catania in Serie A, losing in seven of their previous nine trips to Catania.
- Six players have been sent off over the last six meetings between Catania and Genoa, four in the last two at the Massimino.
- Catania are winless in their last five league games (three draws, two defeats).
- The Sicilians have never scored more than two goals over the last 13 home games in this competition.
- Genoa have scored three goals in each of their last four league games, winning three of those.
- The Grifoni have failed to keep a clean sheet over their last eight Serie A games, conceding on average 3.3 goals per game.
- These last six games involving Genoa have produced a total of 33 goals.
Inter - Novara
- Novara have already lost 17 games (out of 25) against Inter, more than against any other Serie A opponent.
- In the reverse fixture, Novara recorded their first win in Serie A after 55 years.
- Novara have never scored more than a single goal in 12 previous visits to Inter in the league.
- Against Palermo and Roma, Inter have conceded four goals in two consecutive Serie A games for the first time in their history.
- Inter have taken just one point from their last three games, Giampiero Gasperini had the same record in the opening three match-days before being sacked.
- Prior to these three games, Inter had notched up seven wins in a row in this competition.
- The Nerazzurri remain unbeaten in their last five home games: four wins followed by the 4-4 draw against Palermo.
- Last Sunday against Cagliari, Novara kept their first clean sheet of the season.
- However, they are winless in their last 10 games (seven losses and three draws).
- Novara have failed to score in eight of their last 13 league games.
- Novara have managed just two points away from home this season - a league-low. Morimoto's goal against Cesena was Novara's only goal scored over their last four games on the road.
- Novara have netted just three goals before half-time - a Serie A-low.
Lazio - Cesena
- Cesena have won only one of their 17 previous meetings against Lazio in Serie A, in the last meeting of last campaign; the Biancocelesti have had the better six times, 10 draws complete the record.
- Lazio are still unbeaten at home against Cesena (five wins and three draws).
- Cesena have scored just four goals in their eight previous trips to Lazio's ground, and conceded 15.
- Lazio have recorded three wins and three defeats over the last six match-days of Serie A.
- Lazio are unbeaten in their last five home games (three wins), and have kept a clean sheet in four of these games at the Olimpico (including the last three).
- Cesena have won just one of their last seven league games, losing five.
- Away from home, after drawing 0-0 to Napoli, Cesena have lost three games in a row
- Cesena have never scored more than a single goal in their away fixtures this season.
- Only one of Cesena's 13 goals have been scored by a player who was in the team last season.
Napoli - Chievo
- Chievo have won their last three games against Napoli, without conceding goals in the last two.
- These two sides have never shared the points in their last seven meetings: Chievo lead by four wins to three.
- Davide Moscardelli has scored a goal in both his two appearances against Napoli in Serie A.
- Napoli are winless in their last five games (four draws and a 3-2 defeat with Genoa at the Marassi).
- However, the Partenopei have lost just one of their last eight league games at home (1-3 against Roma); three wins and four draws complete the record.
- Chievo have never repeated the same results twice in a row over their last 12 league games.
- In their last away game, Chievo beat Novara after failing to win in their five previous games on the road.
- Napoli have already drawn 10 times this season - more than any other team in Serie A.
- Bostjan Cesar has already given away three penalties this season, more than any other Serie A player.
Parma - Fiorentina
- Fiorentina are unbeaten in their last four meetings against Parma: two draws at the Tardini, two wins for the Viola in Florence.
- Parma have won only one of their last six games at home against Fiorentina, despite always scoring in the last five.
- In the reverse fixture, Stevan Jovetic scored his first of his four Serie A braces: he also scored two goals last Sunday against Udinese.
- Amauri is waiting for his first goal for Fiorentina; last season, during his spell at Parma, he scored his first goal against the Viola.
- Parma are unbeaten in their last four games, and have lost just one of their last nine fixtures (5-0 at the San Siro against Inter).
- Six of these last nine games have ended as draws.
- Parma have scored exactly three goals in each of their last three home games.
- Against Siena and Udinese, Fiorentina have managed back-to-back wins for the first time in this campaign.
- Fiorentina have won just once away from home this season, 3-0 against Novara.
- The Viola have failed to score in five of their last six games on the road.
Siena - Roma
- The last gasp draw in the reverse fixture gave Siena their first point in their last four meetings against Roma in Serie A.
- These two sides have shared the points only twice in 15 meetings so far, the Giallorossi lead by nine wins to four in the head to head.
- Siena are winless in their last four games (two draws, two defeats), and managed to win just once in the last 12 match-days (4-0 against Lazio).
- However, the Tuscans are unbeaten in their last three games at home, drawing two games on top of their win with Lazio.
- Roma have always scored in their last nine fixtures: the Giallorossi have netted 36 goals, the second-best attack of this competition behind AC Milan (43).
- Roma have suffered just one defeat over their last nine games, away to Cagliari (4-2).
- After the 0-0 draw in the first away game of the season, Roma have shared the points away from home for the first time on Wednesday in Catania (1-1).
- 13 of Roma's 36 total goals have been scored by players born after 1 January 1990: Borini (five), Bojan (four), Pjanic (three), Lamela (one).
Udinese - Milan
- The last three Serie A meetings between AC Milan and Udinese have ended as draws.
- Udinese have drawn 30 times (in 73 meetings) against AC Milan, more than against any other Serie A opponent.
- Udinese are unbeaten in their last three meetings against the Rossoneri at the Friuli (two wins and a draw).
- Current Serie A top-scorer Antonio Di Natale (16 goals) has found the net in five of his last six appearances against AC Milan in the league.
- Overall, he has scored nine goals against the Rossoneri in the top-flight, only against Roma (11) and Lazio (10) has he netted more.
- Udinese have not shared the points in their last six games: three home wins alternated by three away defeats.
- 31 of Udinese's 41 total points have come from their home fixtures, at least four more than any other team.
- No side has taken more points than AC Milan away from home so far in Serie A (20).
- Udinese have conceded just five goals at the Friuli, though they have shipped one in each of their last three home games.
- AC Milan have taken just one point in their last two games (a loss against Lazio and a draw against Napoli); the last time the Rossoneri failed to win three Serie A games in a row was against Lazio, Napoli and Udinese.
- The Rossoneri have failed to score in two consecutive Serie A games for the first time since September 2009.
- Over the last two seasons, AC Milan have won 67% of the games played without Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and 60% of those played with the Swede.