Serie A Opta Facts - 11-13 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Brescia v Inter
- No other side has scored more times against Brescia in Serie A than Inter (79 in 43 meetings).
- Brescia suffered their worst defeat in the top-flight against Inter: 0-7 at the San Siro in 1966.
- Brescia have only won one of their last nine meetings against Inter in the league, losing six of these.
- Brescia have picked up only one point from their last four meetings with Inter at the Rigamonti.
- Beppe Iachini's side are on a run of three consecutive draws, two of which were goalless.
- Inter have won 11 in 13 games under Leonardo, losing the other two away to Udinese and Juventus.
- Inter have already recouped 17 points from losing situations this season, including three last Sunday against Genoa - a league-high.
- Inter boast the best attack of this competition: 54 goals, 29 of which were scored in the last 30 minutes of play.
- Brescia, on the other hand, have scored the fewest goals in the second half so far (only six), and only two in the last 15 mins of play.
- Andrea Caracciolo has already scored five times against Inter, out of his 50-goal total tally in Serie A.
Cagliari v Udinese
- Udinese are unbeaten in their last four games with Cagliari in Serie A (two wins, two draws).
- At the Sant'Elia, however, the hosts have lost only one of their last six meetings with Udinese.
- Last Sunday against Bologna, Cagliari drew their first game under Roberto Donadoni after nine wins and eight defeats.
- At home the Sardinians have won six of their last eight league games.
- Udinese are unbeaten in the last 11 match-days of Serie A, currently the longest streak alongside AC Milan.
- Udinese have not conceded any goals in their last five Serie A games.
- Udinese have already scored 28 goals away from home, more than any other side in this campaign.
- Francesco Guidolin's side have averaged four goals scored per game in their last four on the road.
- Cagliari have already scored nine goals from corners- a league-high.
- Udinese have netted 20 out of their 50 goals from set pieces, more than any other side so far this term.
- Current Serie A top-scorer Antonio Di Natale has already netted 22 goals, seven of which came in the last five match-days.
Catania v Sampdoria
- The last two meetings between these two sides in Serie A ended in draws.
- Catania have won only one of their last six meetings against sampdoria in the top-flight.
- Prior to last season's defeat, Catania had notched up three wins in their previous three meetings against the Blucerchiati at the Massimino.
- Over the last five rounds, Diego Simeone's side have alternated three defeats on the road to two wins at home soil.
- Samp have picked up only one point from their last four games (a goalless draw away to Fiorentina).
- The Blucerchiati have won only one in their last 10 Serie A games, failing to score in eight of these.
- This negative run cost Domenico Di Carlo his job - he's been replaced by new manager Alberto Cavasin.
- Sampdoria have not scored any goals in their last six games away from home.
- 23 different Catania's players have been booked at least once this season - more than any other Serie A side.
Cesena v Juventus
- Cesena's last win against Juventus in Serie A was in November 1987 (2-0 in Turin); since then, Juventus have won three times, five draws complete this record.
- Five of the last six meetings at the Manuzzi between Cesena and Juventus have ended as draws.
- Cesena have won their last two games: the last time they managed three consecutive wins in the top-flight was between November and December 1987, when they saw off the Old Lady for the last time.
- Cesena have managed to score more than a single goal at home only once, in their season debut against AC Milan (2-0).
- Juventus have suffered three consecutive defeats in Serie A, without scoring a single goal.
- The last time they had a longer goalscoring drought in the league was in December 1998 (five games without scoring).
- Juventus have won only one of their last six games on the road, losing three times in the process.
- Cesena are the only Serie A side yet to score with a sub player this season.
Chievo v Fiorentina
- Fiorentina lead by nine wins to three in the head to head with Chievo in Serie A, with just one game ending in a draw.
- In the 13 previous meetings between these two sides in the league neither side has been able to score more than two goals in a single game.
- Chievo's win at the Bentegodi last season was the first for them at home against Fiorentina in Serie A.
- Chievo are winless in their last five games (two draws, three defeats).
- At home, Chievo have shared the points in five of their last seven games.
- Fiorentina have drawn four of their last six on the road, losing one and winning one.
- Fiorentina have lost only one of the seven games with Behrami in the starting XI (against Inter).
- Alberto Gilardino has already scored 10 goals in this campaign: this is the seventh time Gilardino has a double figure scoring tally in the last eight seasons.
- Sorrentino (Chievo) has made the most saves amongst Serie A 'keepers this term (109).
Genoa v Palermo
- The record of previous Serie A meetings between Genoa and Palermo is perfectly even: each side has won eight times, with 11 draws rounding off the record.
- However, at home Genoa are unbeaten against Palermo in the top-flight, in light of six wins and seven draws.
- Over the last six match-days of this campaign Genoa have recorded in order two draws, two wins and two defeats; should this run continue, this game would finish even.
- Genoa have collected seven points from their last three games on home soil.
- Palermo have suffered four consecutive defeats in Serie A, in which they have conceded a total of 14 goals.
- The Sicilians have also lost four of the last five away from home, winning the other.
- Only 9% of Palermo's goals (four out of 44) have been scored following dead ball situations - the lowest ratio in this competition.
- Three Palermo players have always played in all of the 28 match-days of this campaign (Sirigu, Nocerino and Pastore); no other Serie A side have used as many players in all games so far.
Lecce v Bologna
- 10 of the 21 previous meetings between these two sides ended as draws: Bologna are the side against whom Lecce have drawn the most games in Serie A.
- Lecce have failed to win any of the last eight meetings with Bologna in the league (four draws, four wins for the Felsinei).
- Lecce have never scored more than a goal in a game against Bologna at home in Serie A.
- Despite scoring two goals in four of their last five fixtures, Lecce have managed only one win in the process.
- Lecce have won only one of their last six home games in this competition.
- Bologna have won only one of their last four games on the road.
- Marco Di Vaio has netted three goals in the last two match-days of Serie A.
- Bologna's captain is the only Serie A player to have played every single minute of action in this campain (excl. 'keepers).
- Lecce have already dropped 17 points from leading situations, more than any other side this season.
- Bologna have conceded eight goals in the opening 15 minutes of play, a league-high.
- Bologna's manager, Alberto Malesani, is unbeaten in his four previous meetings against Gigi De Canio in Serie A.
Milan v Bari
- Bari have suffered 39 defeats against AC Milan in Serie A, more than against any other side so far.
- The Rossoneri are also the team that have scored the most goals in Serie A against Bari (134).
- AC Milan are unbeaten in their last 10 league games against Bari, and have won five of the last six.
- Nesta & co. can boast the best defence of the competition (only 20 goals conceded, and only two over the last eight fixtures).
- AC Milan have kept a clean sheet in each of their last four games at home in the league.
- Bari have suffered five consecutive defeats away from home in Serie A.
- Bari have collected only 16 points in this campaign, 22 fewer than they had last season after 28 match-days.
- AC Milan are the only side yet to concede a goal in the opening 15 minutes of play in this competition.
Parma v Napoli
- The record of previous Serie A meetings between Parma and Napoli is perfectly even: each side has won nine times, with five draws rounding off the record.
- At the Tardini, Parma have won seven of their 11 games against Napoli in Serie A.
- Parma are winless in their last seven games, though have drawn the last three.
- Napoli have not scored in their last two games; the last time the Partenopei failed to score in three consecutive league games was in March 2009.
- Napoli have lost five of their last eight away games, winning the other three.
- Napoli have scored the most goals in the last 15 minutes of play (16 goals).
- Parma have already conceded 10 goals from outside the penalty box - a league-high.
- Napoli have scored 0.5 goals per game on average in the six matches without Ezequiel Lavezzi, while the average is 1.73 per game with the Argentine in the pitch.
- Edison Cavani has already scored four goals in his last four meetings with Parma, including a brace in the reverse fixture.
- Only five of Napoli's goals have been scored by Italian players - the fewest amongst Serie A teams this season.
Roma v Lazio
- This wil be the 134th derby in the Capital in Serie A: Roma lead by 46 wins to 33, with 54 draws so far.
- Roma have won the last three league derbies, and have also beaten Lazio in the Coppa Italia this season.
- Roma are still unbeaten in the league since Vincenzo Montella replaced Claudio Ranieri (two wins and a draw).
- The Giallorossi have lost only one game at home in this campaign, though have failed to take the three points at the Olimpico in their last three games.
- Lazio boast almost twice as many points now than they did last season at this stage of the competition (51 in 2010-11, 26 in 2009-10).
- Lazio have won three of their last four league games; the only goal they conceded in these four games cost them a defeat at Cagliari.
- Roma are the only Serie A side yet to score from outside the box this term.
- Roma have already been awarded seven penalties, more than any other Serie A side this season.
- Marco Borrielo has already hit the woodwork six times - a league-high.
- Nobody has scored more goals than Vincenzo Montella in a single derby: the current Roma's manager netted four in the Giallorossi's 5-1 win in March 2002.