Serie A Opta Facts: 12-13 Sept
Click here for our wide range of markets on the Italian Serie A and UK, European and Worldwide Leagues
Empoli - Napoli
- The last Napoli win against Empoli in Serie A came back in September 1997 (D2 L3).
- Empoli scored more goals against Napoli (6) than any other side in the 2014-15 Serie A campaign.
- Empoli are unbeaten at home against Napoli in Serie A (W2 D3) and the Tuscans have not conceded a goal in four of these five matches.
- Empoli have collected only one point over their last six Serie A matches.
- Napoli have won just one point over the first two Serie A match-days: their worst start in the top-flight since 2000/01.
- Both Napoli and Empoli have scored and conceded goals in each of their last six Serie A games.
- Napoli have already lost five points from leading situations: more than any other side in this Serie A campaign.
- Empoli have won 39 fouls so far - more than any other team in Serie A.
- Lorenzo Insigne has attempted 14 shots (inc. blocks) - a league high so far - but he is yet to find the back of the net.
- Marek Hamsik has received 155 passes so far: more than any other player in the current Serie A campaign.
- Mirko Valdifiori played 242 league games for Empoli (in Serie A and Serie B combined) - he delivered the most assists from set piece situations (six) last season.
Fiorentina - Genoa
- The last time that Genoa won against Fiorentina in Serie A came back in October 2009 - since then the Viola have won six times and drawn five.
- Fiorentina have failed to score in only one of their last 15 Serie A clashes with Genoa: 0-0 at the Franchi last September.
- Genoa are winless at the Franchi in Serie A since March 1977: seven draws and 10 losses.
- The Rossoblu haven't found the net in five of their last seven away games against Fiorentina in the top-flight.
- Genoa have received a red card in four of their last five Serie A meetings with Fiorentina.
- Prior to their defeat against Torino, Fiorentina had won six Serie A games in a row.
- Both Genoa (W8 L4) and Fiorentina (W7 L5) haven't shared the points in their last 12 Serie A matches.
- Genoa have lost three out of their last four away games in the league.
- Marcos Alonso has found the net in each of his last three Serie A appearances - he had never scored in his previous 24 games in the Italian top-flight.
- Giuseppe Rossi - who played 17 minutes against Torino, 469 days after his previous appearance in Serie A - scored a brace in the only league game played against Genoa (September 2013).
Frosinone - Roma
- This will be the first competitive match between Frosinone and Roma.
- Roma have collected four points over the first two Serie A match-days: the Giallorossi haven't gone unbeaten for three league games in a row since April.
- The last six matches involving Roma in Serie A have seen both teams finding the net.
- This is the first time that Roma have conceded in six consecutive Serie A games under Rudi Garcia.
- Roma have fired 14 shots on target - the highest tally in this Serie A campaign. On the other hand, Frosinone are the team to have faced the most shots on target so far (18).
- Frosinone have faced 51 shots so far: fewer only than Sampdoria (52).
- 45 out of the last 51 league goals scored by Edin Dzeko have come from inside the box.
- Francesco Totti has scored against 37 different teams in Serie A and will be looking to make it 38 teams against Frosinone.
- Totti has not played a single minute in the first two Serie A games of a season for the first time since 2008/09.
- Nicola Leali has made the most saves (13) in this Serie A campaign.
Inter - AC Milan
- This will be the 163rd Milan Derby in Serie A - Inter lead the head to head record by 60 wins to 50.
- There is a perfect balance over the last five Serie A derbies, with one win apiece and three draws.
- Both Inter and AC Milan have not scored more than one goal in their last six Serie A derby matches.
- Inter have lost only one out of their last 10 Serie A derbies played as home team (W7 D2): 0-1 in November 2010.
- Inter have won the first two Serie A games - something that they managed only once in the previous 11 Serie A campaigns (2013/14).
- The Nerazzurri are on a streak of three consecutive wins in the league - the last time they won four in a row was in November 2012.
- AC Milan have kept only one clean sheet over their last nine Serie A games (vs Torino, in May).
- AC Milan haven't shared the points in their last nine league matches (W4 L5) - their last draw came in the Derby against Inter (0-0 in April).
- The Rossoneri are the side with the fewest shots on target attempted in this Serie A this season (4).
- Inter have made 1220 passes in the first two matches: more than any other team in Serie A and 447 more than AC Milan.
- Stevan Jovetic has found the back of the net in each of his last three Serie A appearances, including one in 2013. During his spell at Fiorentina, Jo-Jo netted only one goal in six clashes with AC Milan.
- Giacomo Bonaventura has scored four goals in the six Serie A matches played against Inter: the Nerazzurri are his favourite opponent in terms of goalscoring in the top-flight.
Juventus - Chievo
- Juventus have won 17 of their 24 Serie A meetings with Chievo, including the most recent six in a row.
- Chievo's only win against Juventus in Serie A came in January 2010 - 1-0.
- The Bianconeri are unbeaten at home against Chievo; securing nine wins and three draws.
- Juventus have found the net in all of their Serie A clashes with the Veneti on the home soil.
- Juventus have lost the first two league matches in a campaign for the first time in Serie A history.
- The Bianconeri had not lost two consecutive games in the league since March 2011.
- The last time Chievo collected six points over the first two matches in a single season was in 2010/11.
- Prior to the defeat against Udinese, Juventus went unbeaten for 47 consecutive home games in Serie A (W42 D5).
- Chievo have the joint-most prolific attack in this Serie A - seven goals. Last season, the Veneti took 11 games to score the same number of goals (7).
- Chievo have already netted three headed goals so far: the scored five over the whole Serie A 2014/15.
- Riccardo Meggiorini has had a hand in 10 of Chievo's last 18 goals in Serie A: four goals, six assists.
- Valter Birsa has delivered the most assists in this Serie A so far - three.
- Meggiorini and Birsa are the only players to have found the net and delivered an assist in both the first two Serie A match-days.
- Chievo are the favourite Serie A target for both Hernanes (4 goals) and Juan Cuadrado (3 goals), the two Juventus new signings.
Lazio - Udinese
- There is a perfect balance in the last nine Serie A clashes between Lazio and Udinese, with four wins apiece and one draw.
- Lazio have won three of the last four Serie A meetings with Udinese - however the Friulani won the last clash at the Olimpico (1-0).
- Lazio have played out three wins and three defeats in their last six Serie A games.
- Prior to the game with Chievo, Lazio had not lost a Serie A match by four goals since November 2012 (0-4 vs Catania).
- Udinese have lost five of their last six league games - winning only against Juventus.
- Udinese have conceded the most fouls over the first two Serie A match-days (38).
- Duván Zapata attempted 11 shots (incl. blocks) so far - only one of which was on target.
- Antonio Di Natale is yet to score in this Serie A campaign - the last time he went goalless over the first three matches of a season was in 2010/11.
- Lazio are the Di Natale's joint-favourite target in Serie A: 13 goals.
- Alessandro Matri has netted four goals in his last six clashes with Udinese in the league.
Palermo - Carpi
- Palermo and Carpi will face each other for the first time in Serie A - the Emiliani won the two previous meetings in the Serie B.
- Prior to this year, Palermo had not won the first two matches in a Serie A season since 2006/07.
- The Sicilians have won their last three league games: their longest run in Serie A since November 2010.
- The last time Palermo won four Serie A matches in a row was in November 2006.
- Palermo have hit the woodwork twice so far - they were the team with the most woodwork hits last season (20, alongside with Inter).
- Palermo are the only Serie A team yet to concede a goal this term.
- Luca Rigoni has scored 10 goals since he joined Palermo (2014/15): only Iago Falque (13) has netted more among Serie A midfielders over the same period.
- Franco Vázquez is already the player with the most fouls won in the current Serie A (12).
- Carpi kept only 30.6% of possession against Inter - the lowest percentage in a Serie A game this season.
- Carpi could be the 37th different side that Alberto Gilardino has scored against in Serie A: he has found the net against 36 out the 40 different teams faced in the top-flight.
Sampdoria - Bologna
- Five out of the last seven Serie A meetings between these two sides have ended with a draw, including the last three in a row.
- Bologna have won only one of their last 16 clashes with Sampdoria in Serie A (D9 L6).
- The first two Sampdoria games have seen 11 goals: seven for the Blucerchiati, four scored by their opponents.
- The last time Sampdoria had scored seven goals in the first two Serie A matches was in 1994/95.
- Bologna have collected only one point over their last seven Serie A games - the Rossoblu are winless over their last 11 matches in the top-flight (D3 L8).
- Bologna's 11 winless games run is currently the longest in Serie A.
- Éder has netted two braces in the first two Serie A match-days: the last player able to do it was Hamsik in 2013/14.
- Bologna have attempted only 10 shots so far - fewer than any other team in the current Serie A.
- Sampdoria are the only side to have won two penalties in this Serie A campaign.
- Sampdoria are Emanuele Giaccherini's favourite target in Serie A: three goals in four matches.
Sassuolo - Atalanta
- Sassuolo and Atalanta have met four times in Serie A, with two wins for the Emiliani and one for the Nerazzurri.
- Atalanta have failed to score in three of their four Serie A clashes with Sassuolo.
- Sassuolo have won their last six Serie A matches; their longest run in the Italian top-flight.
- Sassuolo's six consecutive wins is currently the longest-such run in Serie A.
- Against Frosinone, Atalanta finally won a league game after having collected only one point over the previous four.
- The Bergamaschi have won only one of their last 10 away matches in the league (D5 L4).
- Atalanta have won the most tackles in the current Serie A campaign (38).
- Sassuolo made 53 interceptions so far - more than any other side in this Serie A season.
- Antonio Floro Flores has scored two goals with four shots on target in this Serie A campaign.
- Sassuolo are the team with the most goals scored by substitutes in the current Serie A campaign: two (Sansone and Floro Flores).
Verona - Torino
- Verona have won only one of their last six Serie A clashes with Torino (D1 L4).
- Torino have won each of their last five away games against Verona in the top-flight.
- Verona haven't kept a single clean sheet in their last nine league games: the Scaligeri only won two of these matches (D5 L2).
- Torino are on a run of three consecutive wins; their longest in Serie A since February.
- The last time that Torino had won the first two Serie A games of a season was in 1993/94.
- Torino have won all of their three matches in all competitions this season from a losing position (two in the league, one in the Coppa Italia).
- Verona have attempted the fewest passes in the current Serie A: 543 so far.
- Torino have had the most headed shots in this Serie A campaign, eight.
- In addition, Giampiero Ventura's side have made the most successful open crosses in Serie A this term, 14.
- Luca Toni has scored four goals in his eight Serie A clashes with Torino, two of which came for Verona.
- Fabio Quagliarella has fired the most shots on target after the first two Serie A match-days (6).