Serie A Opta Facts - 15-16 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atalanta v Udinese
- These two sides have met 54 times so far in Serie A: Udinese lead by 22 wins to 16, with 16 draws.
- Over their last six Serie A meetings, these two sides have shared two wins each and two draws.
- Atalanta have won only one of their last nine home games against Udinese (3-0 in December 2008), losing four times.
- Against Roma, Atalanta suffered their first defeat of this campaign following a run of three wins and a draw.
- At home, Atalanta have already beaten Palermo (1-0) and Novara (2-1) this term.
- Udinese are unbeaten in their last eight Serie A games, a run that has seen them reaching the top of the table alongside Juventus after the first five rounds of this competition.
- The Friulani currently possess the best defence of this competition (just one goal conceded).
- Taking into account the end of last season, Udinese have kept six clean sheets in their last seven league games.
Cagliari v Siena
- The record in Serie A between these two sides is perfectly even: both have won four times, with four draws so far.
- Cagliari, though, have won just one of their last five games with Siena, with the Tuscans winning three times.
- Siena's 3-1 win in the last meeting at the Sant'Elia in August 2009 was the Tuscans' only success at Cagliari's ground in the top-flight.
- The Sardinians have lost just one game so far in this campaign, 2-3 away to Palermo, winning three so far.
- However, at home Cagliari have won only one of their last seven games on home soil between this and last season.
- Siena have won just one game after five rounds, at home to Lecce (3-0).
- The Tuscans have failed to score in three of their five league games so far.
- Emanuele Calaiò has scored four of his side's last six goals against Cagliari in the league.
Catania v Inter
- Catania have lost more games against Inter than against any other Serie A side so far (21 defeats in 28 previous meetings).
- Inter have notched up 10 wins in the last 11 Serie A meetings with Catania, losing in Sicily 3-1 in March 2010.
- Catania have beaten Inter only four times so far, always at home.
- Catania have already drawn three games in this campaign, more than any other side.
- Catania are unbeaten in their last five home games, and have conceded just two goals in the process.
- Inter have won just one game over the first five rounds of this campaign.
- Inter have the worst defence of this competition (11 goals conceded); the Nerazzurri have shipped three or more goals in three of their last five league games.
- Giampaolo Pazzini has already scored four goals in eight games against Catania in the league, including a brace in the last meeting; only against Lecce and Atalanta has he netted more so far (six).
Cesena v Fiorentina
- Cesena have beaten Fiorentina only twice in 22 previous meetings in Serie A, both at home; the Viola have had the better 11 times so far.
- Fiorentina are unbeaten in their last nine meetings against Cesena, and have won six of these.
- The last four meetings at the Manuzzi have alternated between a Fiorentina win and a draw.
- Despite failing to find the net in the game, Cesena picked up their first point of this campaign in their last game against Chievo following four consecutive defeats in the first four games.
- Last season, after five rounds Cesena had six points more than this year.
- Cesena are having their worst ever start to a Serie A campaign in terms of points collected after five games.
- Alessio Cerci has scored nine goals in his last 10 Serie A appearances for Fiorentina.
Chievo v Juventus
- Juventus have won 11 of their 16 Serie A meetings against Chievo, losing just once so far (in Verona in January 2010).
- However, Chievo are unbeaten in their last three meetings with the Old Lady (two draws on top of that win in 2010).
- In Verona, the Bianconeri have won just one of their last four games against Chievo, 2-0 in November 2008.
- Chievo are unbeaten in their last three league games, the last time they went four games in a row without defeat was between last March and April.
- At home, Chievo have lost just one of their last seven games, 0-2 against Udinese back in May.
- Juventus are unbeaten in their last six Serie A games, this season's five and the closing fixture of the 2010/11 campaign with Napoli (2-2).
- Juventus' last five away games have produced a total of just five goals.
- Claudio Marchisio has already scored three goals this campaign, all in the last 10 minutes of play.
Genoa v Lecce
- Lecce have won just one of their 10 previous meetings against Genoa in Serie A, the first at home back in 1990; seven wins for the Grifoni and two draws complete the record.
- Genoa have recorded five consecutive wins against with Lecce, scoring on average three goals per game.
- Thre last three Serie A meetings between these two sides have produced overall 15 goals.
- In Genoa, the record sees the hosts dominating the head to head with four wins and a draw; Genoa have also scored eight goals in the last two occasions they have hosted Lecce combined.
- After taking seven points from the first three fixtures, Genoa have lost their last two games against Chievo and Parma.
- However, at home Genoa remain unbeaten in their last six games (five wins and a draw), in which they scored on average 2.8 goals per game.
- Lecce's only three points in this campaign were as result of their win at Bologna's ground (2-0); four defeats complete their record for this season.
- Lecce have shared the points only once in their last 10 games on the road - four wins and five defeats complete their recent away record.
Lazio v Roma
- This will be the 135th derby of the Capital in Serie A: Roma lead by 47 wins to 33, but the most frequent result is the draw (54 so far).
- Nevertheless, the last draw in this fixture was back in April 2007, since then these two sides have not shared the points in eight derbies.
- Roma have had the better in the last four derbies, Lazio's last win was in April 2009.
- Lazio have won just one of their last four home games in the league.
- After losing their opening game against Cagliari, and drawing with Inter and Siena, Roma have managed two consecutive wins against Parma and Atalanta.
- Last time the Giallorossi won three in a row in the league was between last December and January.
- Roma are, alongside Udinese, the only side yet to concede a goal in the first 45 minutes of their games this season.
- Roma have conceded four goals in this campaign, all on home soil.
- Four of Roma's last six goals against Lazio have come from the penalty spot.
- Pablo Osvaldo has scored three goals in his last three games for the Giallorossi, taking his total scoring tally in Serie A to 11 goals.
AC Milan v Palermo
- Palermo have beaten AC Milan three times overt the past two Serie A seasons.
- However, at home the Diavolo have won three of the last four against Palermo, in between the Sicilians won 2-0 at the San Siro in December 2009.
- Last time these two sides shared the points in the league was February 2007, since then the Sicilians lead by five wins to three.
- AC Milan are enduring their worst start to a Serie A campaign since 2000/01: also on that occasion they opened with one win, two draws and two defeats in the first five rounds, before ending the season 6th in the table on 49 points, 26 fewer than Roma who won the title.
- Massimiliano Allegri's side have already conceded eight goals this season, last season they shipped only seven in their last 19 Serie A fixtures.
- However, the Rossoneri remain unbeaten at home in 2011 (eight wins and five draws).
- AC Milan have failed to score at the San Siro just once in 2011, back in February against Lazio.
- Against Palermo, AC Milan recorded the biggest win in their Serie A history (9-0 in February 1951).
Napoli v Parma
- Last season, Napoli won both fixtures against Parma (2-0 at the San Paolo, 3-1 at the Tardini).
- The record in the last five meetings at the San Paolo is perfectly even: two wins each and a draw.
- Both Parma and Napoli have won just three of their last eight Serie A fixtures.
- Napoli have alternated between a win and a draw over their last four games at home in the league.
- Parma have taken just two points from their last four games on the road, and have scored just two goals in the process.
- Against Genoa, Morrone became the first player to score for Parma other than Giovinco, after he had netted all of their previous five goals this term.
- Giovinco has scored 12 goals in 34 appearances for Parma so far in the league.
Novara v Bologna
- Bologna have won 14 of their 24 previous meetings with Novara in the top-flight, all between 1937 and 1956); five wins for the Piemontesi and as many draws complete the record.
- Novara's five wins against Bologna all came on home soil; the Felsinei have won four times at Novara's ground, three draws complete the record.
- Novara boast the best attack of this Serie A campaign (10 goals scored); 10 is also the number of goals conceded by Novara, only Inter (11) have shipped more.
- Novara have scored and conceded goals in all five of their games so far this term.
- On the synthetic turf of the Silvio Piola, Novara have lost just once so far bewteen this and last season, 2-3 against Modena last May in Serie B.
- Bologna have picked up just one point so far this season, a negative run that saw manager Pierpaolo Bisoli sacked and replaced by Stefano Pioli.
- The Felsinei are winless in their last 14 Serie A games, and have netted just three goals in their last 12; they are also the only side yet to score from open play this term.
- Marco Rigoni has been directly involved in five of his side's last six goals (three goals scored and two assists).