Serie A Opta Facts - 16 - 17 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Catania v Lazio
- Catania are unbeaten in their last four meetings with Lazio in the league (two 1-0 wins and two 1-1 draws).
- The Sicilians have not scored more than a single goal in any of their last eight games against Lazio in the top-flight.
- Lazio have managed only one win in 11 visits to Catania (1-0 in April 1961), and have never scored more than one goal at the Cibali.
- Diego Simeone's side are on a run of four consecutive wins at home; the last time Catania managed five home wins on the spin in Serie A was in 1965.
- Over the last seven match-days, Lazio have alternated between four home wins and three away defeats; should this run continue, the Biancocelesti would lose this game.
- Lazio have won only one of their last 10 games on the road, losing six of these.
- Lazio have conceded only 14 goals from open play this season, fewer than any other Serie A side.
- Five of the eight goals scored by Hernanes in this campaign have been fired from outside the box.
- Maxi Lopez is the Serie A player who has committed the most fouls so far this term (113).
Cesena v Bari
- Cesena have won only one of their five Serie A meetings with Bari in the top-flight (4-2 at home in October 1990); Bari have had the better twice.
- Cesena have failed to win in the last four rounds of this competition, though they have recorded three 2-2 draws in this period.
- Bari are unbeaten in the last two match-days; the only time they have managed a three-game unbeaten run this season was in the opening three fixtures of the campaign.
- Prior to their 2-1 win at Parma, Bari had collected only one point from their previous six away games in Serie A.
- Bari have scored the fewest goals amongst Serie A teams this season (20), and never netted more than two in a single game this term.
- The last team to score less than 25 goals in a Serie A campaign was Treviso in 2005/06 (24).
- Marco Parolo (Cesena) has bagged a goal in three of the last four league games in which his side has found the back of the net.
- Cesena have picked up eight red cards so far (three of which came in their last game at Palermo) - a league-high.
Chievo v Bologna
- The record between these two sides in Serie A is perfectly even: both have won four times, with five draws roundign off the record.
- Three of the last five Serie A meetings have seen Chievo and Bologna share the points.
- Chievo are unbeaten at home against Bologna in the top-flight (three wins and as many draws).
- Chievo have managed only one win in the last nine match-days of Serie A, and have failed to score in five of the last six.
- At home, Chievo have recorded two draws and two defeats in their last four games, failing to score in the last three.
- Bologna have lost their last two fixtures: this is the first time they have suffered two consecutive defeats in this campaign.
- Alberto Malesani's side have scored at least one goal in their last seven games on the road.
- Bologna have already conceded 10 goals in the first 15 minutes of play this season - a league-high.
- Bologna have won only one of the eight league games in which Diego Perez didn't play this season; the Uruguayan midfielder will be suspended for this game.
- Bologna's manager Alberto Malesani is unbeaten in his six previous meetings against Chievo in the top-flight (four wins and two draws).
Fiorentina v Juventus
- This will be the 144th meeting between Fiorentina and Juventus in Serie A: the Old Lady have won more than twice as many games as the Viola (65 to 31), with 47 draws.
- The record at the Franchi sees Fiorentina leading by 25 wins to 16, but the result that has occured the most is the draw (27 times).
- Juventus have already scored 232 goals against Fiorentina, more than any other other Serie A side.
- By losing last Sunday against AC Milan, Fiorentina ended their six-game unbeaten run in the league.
- However, the Viola have managed only one win from their last five games at home.
- Juventus have notched-up three consecutive wins in the last three games: it's the first time they have managed such a long run since September 2009.
- Alessandro Matri has netted four goals in the last four match-days, but is yet to score against Fiorentina after six games against the Viola.
- Juventus have lost each of the four league games in which they have fallen behind away from home this season.
Genoa v Brescia
- Genoa and Brescia have met 17 times in Serie A: the Grifoni have won eight times, Brescia have come out on top five times, four draws complete the record.
- Since 1947, Genoa have not lost against Brescia (two wins and three draws).
- Brescia's only win at the Marassi against Genoa was back in 1931; since then the hosts have won five times and shared a draw with Brescia.
- Genoa have won only one of their last six Serie A fixtures, picking up only four points in the process.
- Before losing with Cagliari last time out at the Marassi, Genoa were unbeaten at home for four games.
- Brescia have drawn five of their last eight league games, winning only once in the process.
- Brescia's last win away from home was in September (1-0 at Chievo); since then the Rondinelle have picked up only five draws, losing nine games on the road.
- However, Brescia have shared the points in four of their last five away games in this campaign.
- Genoa have lost the most games after taking the lead this season (four).
- By beating Genoa, Brescia would record their 50th away win in their Serie A history.
Lecce v Cagliari
- Cagliari have had won their last two games against Lecce (both in Sardinia).
- At the Via del Mare, Lecce have won five of their last six meetings with Cagliari, including the last four.
- Lecce have won their last two games of this campaign; this is the first time they have managed two wins in a row in Serie A since April 2006.
- Lecce have lost three of their last five games at home, winning the other two by 2-0.
- Cagliari have recorded only two draws in 20 games under Roberto Donadoni, including that of their last game against Brescia.
- Cagliari have won only one of their last five league games.
- Lecce have the worst defence of this competition, having shipped 53 goals so far.
- Only AC Milan (20) have scored more goals than Cagliari (17) in the first 30 minutes of play.
- Daniele Conti has been booked in each of his last four Serie A appearances.
Milan v Sampdoria
- AC Milan have scored in each of their last 21 Serie A meetings with Sampdoria; however the Rossoneri have picked up only one point from their last two against the Blucerchiati.
- At the San Siro, AC Milan have won seven of their last nine games with Sampdoria, including the last two (both by 3-0).
- The Rossoneri have lost only one game in 2011, all the other Serie A sides have lost at least two.
- Massimiliano Allegri's side are still unbeaten at home this season, and have conceded only one goal in their last six games at the San Siro.
- Sampdoria have picked up only two points from their last eight league games, scoring only three goals in the process.
- Away from home, the Blucerchiati have failed to score in their last eight games, since Pazzini found the net against Lecce in November.
- Last Sunday against Fiorentina, Alexandre Pato netted his 50th Serie A goal in 98 appearances for AC Milan.
- Pato has already scored a brace against Samp this season, in the quarter finals of the Coppa Italia.
- AC Milan have won three of the four Serie A games played without Zlatan Ibrahimovic this season, losing to Palermo.
- In their six games without Daniele Mannini (also suspended for this game), Samp have recorded one win and five draws.
- AC Milan have never lost after taking the lead this season (20 wins and four draws).
- Massimiliano Allegri has never lost against Sampdoria in Serie A in his managerial career (two wins and three draws).
Napoli v Udinese
- Udinese are unbeaten in their last five Serie A meetings against Napoli: three draws, followed by two 3-1 wins.
- However, Udinese have managed only three wins in 28 games at Napoli in Serie A.
- Napoli are on a run of four consecutive wins in Serie A for the first time since 1994/95.
- Napoli's last defeat at home was in October against AC Milan (1-2).
- Udinese have lost two consecutive games for the first time since September, when they recorded four defeats in a row in the first match-days of this campaign.
- Before losing at Lecce, Udinese had notched-up five consecutive away wins, scoring an average of four goals per game.
- Udinese have netted 32 goals on the road so far this season, a Serie A high.
- Napoli have kept 16 clean sheets this season, more than any other Serie A side.
- Edison Cavani has already scored 32 goals in all competitions in his first season with Napoli.
- Antonio Di Natale has already scored seven goals in his previous meetings against Napoli, including a hat-trick in the reverse fixture at the Friuli.
- Di Natale tops the Serie A goal scoring chart with 26 goals, one more than Cavani.
Parma v Inter
- Parma have picked up only one point from their last seven league meetings against Inter.
- However, Parma have scored more goals against Inter than against any other Serie A side so far (47).
- Parma have managed only one win in the last 11 match-days of this competition (1-0 at the Marassi against Sampdoria).
- Parma have failed to win their last five home games, and have lost the last two against Napoli and Bari.
- Inter have suffered only one defeat in the last eight rounds of Serie A (0-3 in the derby against AC Milan).
- Inter have failed to win two consecutive away games for the first time under Leonardo.
- By beating Parma, Inter would record ther 1300th win in Serie A.
- Wesley Sneijder will play his 50th league game for Inter, while Maicon will play his 150th.
- Maicon has provided seven assists and scored one goal in 16 games under Leonardo; he wasn't involved in any goal in eight games under Benitez.
- Inter have won each of the five league games in which Esteban Cambiasso has scored a goal.
- Former Inter striker Hernan Crespo has already scored eight goals in Serie A aganist the Nerazzurri.
Roma v Palermo
- Palermo have already scored 55 goals in Serie A against Roma, more than against any other side.
- Roma have won their last four games at the Olimpico against Palermo.
- The Giallorossi have scored two goals in five of the last six match-days of this campaign.
- At home though, they have won only one of their last five games, the derby with Lazio.
- Palermo have won only one of their last eight league games, 1-0 with AC Milan.
- Seven more goals would allow Francesco Totti to equal Nordhal as Serie A's leading scorer (with the same club); Totti has netted 203 so far for Roma.
- Totti has scored three braces in the last four match-days.
- Fabrizio Miccoli has netted seven goals against Roma in Serie A, more than against any other opponent.
- Roma have been awarded the most penalties this season in Serie A (10).
- Delio Rossi has won only five of his 17 previous meetings with Roma as a manager, losing nine times.