Serie A Opta Facts - 19-20 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bologna v Palermo
- The record between these two sides in Serie A is perfectly even: both Bologna and Palermo have won 14 times so far, whilst playing out 13 draws.
- Bologna have won only one of their last eight league meetings against Palermo, with four wins for the Sicilians and the other three games ending level.
- However, at the Dall'Ara the hosts have suffered only one defeat against the Rosanero (0-1 in May 1954).
- Since then, Bologna have notched up seven wins and three draws in 10 meetings against Palermo at home.
- Palermo have scored more than one goal only once in their 20 trips to Bologna in the top flight (a 5-2 defeat in October 1952).
- Bologna have lost only one of their last 13 league games at home soil.
- Palermo's last four league games have produced 20 goals overall.
- Pastore & co. have won only one of their last six games on the road, losing three.
- Marco Di Vaio has scored in four of his last five league appearances against Palermo.
- Only one of the 10 meetings between sides managed by Alberto Malesani and Delio Rossi have ended as a draw.
Chievo v AC Milan
- Chievo have already lost 12 games against AC Milan in the top-flight, more than against any other side.
- The Rossoneri have won their last eight meetings against Chievo in the league.
- Over these eight fixtures, AC Milan have conceded only four goals, and never more than once in a single game.
- Chievo have managed only two wins in the last 12 Serie A match-days.
- Chievo are unbeaten in their last nine games at home, but have been held to a draw in six of these.
- Stefano Pioli's side have not conceded goals in their last three games at home: two goalless draws before the 2-0 win over Napoli.
- AC Milan are unbeaten in their last eight league games (four wins and as many draws).
- The Rossoneri have conceded only one goal in their last five Serie A fixtures.
- Cesena were the last side to beat AC Milan in a home game, back on matchday 2.
- Massimiliano Allegri's side are unbeaten on the road (seven wins and four draws).
- This match sees the league's best defence in the first half (AC Milan - six goals conceded), meet its best after the break (Chievo - seven goals conceded).
Fiorentina v Sampdoria
- This will be the 120th meeting between Fiorentina and Sampdoria in the top-flight: the Viola lead by 43 wins to 33, with 43 games ending level.
- Fiorentina have won 32 times at home against Sampdoria; only against Napoli can they boast more wins at home in Serie A (35).
- Fiorentina have lost their last two games against Sampdoria in Serie A.
- Prior to this, the Viola had been unbeaten in seven consecutive games against the Blucerchiati in the top-flight.
- At the Franchi the hosts are unbeaten in the last five occasions they played against Sampdoria (four wins and a draw).
- Last Wednesday's defeat against Inter was Fiorentina's first after seven consecutive unbeaten games at home in the league.
- Sampdoria have won only one of their last seven league games, losing five of these.
- Sampdoria are on a run of five consecutive defeats on the road, and have not scored a single goal in this period.
Genoa v Roma
- Genoa have beaten Roma more than any other Serie A opponent so far (29 wins in 87 previous meetings).
- Roma have won five of their last seven meetings with Genoa in the top-flight, losing the other two.
- However, at the Marassi Genoa have had the better in four of their last five meetings against the Giallorossi.
- Roma have scored two or more goals in each of their last four meetings against the Grifoni in the league.
- Genoa have lost only one of their last six league games, conceding only three goals in this period.
- Genoa have managed only one win from their last six games at home in Serie A.
- Roma have lost their last two games against Inter and Napoli, but have alternated a win and a draw in their last four on the road.
- Marco Borriello has already scored three goals in four meetings against his former team, Genoa.
Inter v Cagliari
- Inter have won 30 of their 63 previous meetings against Cagliari in Serie A, with only 10 games falling in favour of the Sardinian side.
- Inter have lost only one of their last 21 meetings against Cagliari, winning 13 of these.
- Inter's last defeat at home against Cagliari was in May 1995; since then the Nerazzurri have notched up eight wins and two draws.
- Inter have have scored in each of their last 19 league meetings against Cagliari in Serie A.
- Inter have won eight of the 10 games played in Serie A since Leonardo's arrival.
- Inter boast the best attack of the Serie A: 46 goals scored in 25 games.
- Inter are on a run of six consecutive wins at home, in which have always scored at least three goals.
- Cagliari have not drawn any of their last 15 games in Serie A (eight wins and seven defeats).
- Away from home, the Sardinians have lost three of their last five games.
Lazio v Bari
- Lazio have lost only two of their last 13 meetings with Bari in Serie A.
- Bari's 2-0 win in the last meeting at the Olimpico in March 2010 ended a run of five unbeaten games for the Biancocelesti on home soil.
- After that victory, Bari managed only one other win away from home in Serie A: 1-0 in the derby against Lecce last month.
- Lazio are unbeaten in the last four games in the league (two wins and as many draws).
- At home, Lazio have lost only one of their last eight games, winning five.
- Bari are winless in the last seven match-days, losing six before last Sunday's goalless draw against Genoa.
- Bari have the worst attack in Serie A (only 14 goals scored), and have failed to score in their last three games.
- Bari have converted only 7% of their shots, the lowest ratio in the league so far this season.
Lecce v Juventus
- Juventus are unbeaten in their last seven meetings against Lecce in Serie A (six wins and a draw).
- Lecce have picked up only two points from their last six games at home against Juventus.
- Prior to the two defeats against Catania and Palermo, Lecce had not lost for five consecutive league games.
- Lecce are winless in their last four home games (two draws and two defeats).
- Juve have won their last two games against Cagliari and Inter.
- Before beating Cagliari in their last game away from home, Cagliari had failed to win away from home in four games.
- Alessandro Matri has scored three goals in three games for Juventus so far.
- Juventus have attempted 66 headed shots, the most in Serie A so far.
Napoli v Catania
- Only three goals have been scored in the last three meetings between Napoli and Catania in Serie A.
- Napoli have managed seven wins on the last seven occasions that they hosted Catania, and have not conceded in the last six.
- Catania have collected the fewest points away from home this season (four), and are also the only side yet to win on the road.
- Napoli have kept nine clean sheets in their last 11 Serie A games.
- Napoli are unbeaten at the San Paolo in their last eight games, winning seven.
- Catania have recorded three defeats, a draw and a win under the guidance of new manager, Diego Simeone.
- Last week's win over Lecce ended a run of seven games without a win for Catania in Serie A.
- However, the Sicilian side are without a win away from home in over a year (eight draws and 11 defeats in their last 19 fixtures on the road).
- Edison Cavani has netted seven of Napoli's last nine goals in Serie A, and is this competition's top-scorer on 20 goals this season.
- Two more goals would allow Cavani to equal Antonio Vojak's record of goals scored by a Napoli player in a single Serie A season.
Parma v Cesena
- Parma are unbeaten in their three previous Serie A meetings with Cesena, winning two and drawing the other.
- Parma won 2-0 in their only previous game against Cesena at the Tardini.
- Parma have picked up only one point from the last four match-days of this campaign.
- Cesena are winless in the last eight rounds of Serie A (three draws and five defeats).
- Cesena have failed to score in five of these eight games.
- Away from home, Cesena have picked up only one point from the last four league games.
- Cesena have scored only five goals after the break, the fewest in Serie A this season.
- Cesena have also attempted the fewest shots on target so far (73, on average only 2.9 per game).
- Parma have faced eight penalties so far, more than any other side in Serie A this season.
Udinese v Brescia
- Udinese have won four of their last five meetings against Brescia in the top-flight, but lost the last one played at the Friuli in September 2004.
- That was Udinese's only defeat at home to Brescia in Serie A.
- Udinese are still unbeaten in 2011 (six wins and two draws).
- Only Inter (24) have picked up more points than Udinese (20) in 2011, but the Nerazzurri have played two games more than the Friulani.
- Udinese are unbeaten in their last 10 home games in the league, winning two.
- Brescia have collected only two points from their last 10 on the road.
- Antonio Di Natale was involved in each of Udinese's last six goals in the league, scoring three and providing three assists.
- Udinese have lost one and drawn the other of the two games played without Alexis Sanchez this season; the Chilean will be suspended against Brescia.