Serie A Opta Facts - 2 - 3 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Brescia v Bologna
- Brescia have won only one of their last seven meetings with Bologna in Serie A.
- Seven of the last nine games between these two sides at Brescia's ground have ended as draws; five of these were goalless.
- Brescia are winless in their last six games, however they have drawn four of these.
- Bologna are unbeaten in their last four league games (two wins, two draws).
- Bologna have won their last two away games against Juventus and Lecce, keeping clean sheets on both occasions.
- No Serie A side has scored fewer goals or conceded more goals than Bologna in the opening 15 minutes of play this season: Malesani's side have netted one and shipped eight in this period.
- Brescia have netted only seven goals in the second half, less than any other Serie A side so far this term.
- Brescia have lost the most games after leading at half time in this campaign (three).
- Bologna's last six goals have been scored by either Marco Di Vaio (four) or Gaston Ramirez (two).
Catania v Palermo
- This will be the 14th Sicilian derby between Palermo and Catania in the top-flight: the record is perfectly even, with four wins each and five draws so far.
- Palermo have come out on top only once in the last five derbies against Catania, although this came in the reverse fixture at the Barbera last November (3-1).
- On that occasion, Javier Pastore scored his only hat-trick in Serie A so far.
- However, Catania have had the better in the last three derbies with Palermo at the Massimino, not conceding any goals in the last two.
- Over the last seven match-days, Catania have alternated between a home win and an away defeat. Should this run continue, they would take the three points against Palermo.
- Beating AC Milan before the Internationals break, Palermo ended a run of five consecutive defeats in the league.
- Though, away from home the Rosanero are on a run of three consecutive defeats and have not scored a single goal in this period.
- Palermo have shared the points only four times - fewer than any other Serie A side this season.
- Only a third of Palermo's goals (15 out of 45) have been scored by strikers - currently the lowest ratio in this competition.
Cesena v Fiorentina
- Cesena have beaten Fiorentina only twice in 21 previous meetings between these two sides in Serie A, with the Viola having the better 11 times.
- Both wins came at the Dino Manuzzi by a one-goal margin.
- Fiorentina are unbeaten in their last eight games against Cesena, and have won the last three without conceding a goal.
- The Viola are unbeaten in the last five match-days of this campaign - their longest unbeaten streak since May 2009.
- Away from home, Fiorentina have notched up two wins and two draws in their last four games.
- Cesena have managed only two wins in their last 13 league games, losing six of these.
- In their last game at home against Juventus, Cesena managed to score more than a single goal for the first time at the Manuzzi since beating AC Milan 2-0 on their debut this season.
- Only Lecce (17) have conceded more goals than Cesena (14) in the last 15 minutes of play.
- This season Fiorentina have won 43% of the games in which Adrian Mutu has played, and only 25% of those without the Romanian striker in the pitch.
Chievo v Sampdoria
- Chievo have won only one of their 13 Serie A meetings with Sampdoria so far, at the Marassi in September 2005.
- That was also the only meeting in which Chievo managed to score more than one goal against Samp.
- Four of the six meetings played at the Bentegodi between these two sides have ended 1-1.
- Beating Bari the last time out, Chievo ended a run of six consecutive games without a win in the league.
- At home Chievo are winless in their last three games, and have failed to score in the last two.
- Sampdoria are on a run of four consecutive defeats in Serie A - this is their longest streak of defeats since March 2006.
- The Blucerchiati have failed to score in five of their last six Serie A fixtures.
- Away from home, Samp have picked up only one point from their last seven games, without scoring a single goal in the process.
- Taking into account only the games played in 2011, Sampdoria would be second from bottom of the Serie A table with only eight points.
- Only one of Sampdoria's 25 goals this season has been scored by a non-Italian player (Ziegler).
Genoa v Cagliari
- Genoa have won four of their last five meetings with Cagliari in Serie A.
- Genoa have suffered only one defeat so far at home against Cagliari in the top-flight, and won the last three at the Marassi against the Sardinians.
- Genoa have always scored at home against Cagliari in Serie A.
- Genoa have picked up 10 points from their last four league games on home soil.
- Cagliari have failed to win in their last three league games - currently their worst run since the arrival of Roberto Donadoni.
- Cagliari have won only one of their last five games on the road, and picked up only one point from the last three.
- Cagliari have already scored nine goals from corners, currently the joint-most in this competition alongside Udinese.
- Cagliari have won only one of the six league games played this season without their captain, Daniele Conti, who will be suspended for this game.
Lecce v Udinese
- Udinese have had the better in three of their last four meetings with Lecce in Serie A, drawing the other 2-2 in October 2008.
- That game in 2008 was the only draw in 23 meetings between these two sides in the top-flight: 14 wins for Udinese and eight for Lecce complete the record.
- Udinese have scored two or more goals in six of their last seven Serie A fixtures against Lecce.
- Lecce have always scored in the 11 occasions they have played against Udinese at home in Serie A.
- Lecce have lost their last three league games, each by a one-goal margin.
- Excluding the first five match-days of this campaign, Udinese would be top of Serie A with one point more than AC Milan.
- Udinese are the only Serie A side still unbeaten in 2011 and only one of the three without a defeat this year across the top-five European leagues, alongside Arsenal and Barcelona.
- Udinese have not conceded any goals over the last seven match-days of this competition - the record of consecutive clean sheets in Serie A is currently nine (Inter and Juventus).
- Udinese share with Inter the best attack of this competition (56 goals so far).
- Antonio Di Natale is currently the Serie A top-scorer on 25 goals, 10 of which were scored in the last seven matches.
Milan v Inter
- This will be the 154th Milan derby in Serie A: Inter lead by 56 wins to 48, with 49 draws.
- No Serie A side has beaten AC Milan more times than Inter so far.
- The winner scored from the penalty spot in the reverse leg by Zlatan Ibrahimovic was AC Milan's 200th goal against Inter in Serie A; the Nerazzurri have netted 215 so far in the derby.
- AC Milan and Inter have not shared the points in the last 12 derbies: the Nerazzurri have won seven times to Milan's five.
- Four of the Rossoneri's last five wins against Inter were by 1-0.
- The last five derbies have seen a total of six red cards.
- Prior to their defeat at Palermo, AC Milan had been unbeaten in 12 consecutive match-days in Serie A.
- This match sees the league´s best attack (Inter - 56 goals), meet its best defence (AC Milan - 22 goals conceded).
- Nesta & co. have shipped only five over the last 11 games.
- Inter have won 12 of the 15 league games played under Leonardo.
- The Nerazzurri have picked up 37 points in 15 Serie A games under their Brazilian manager, while had taken only 23 in the 15 played under Rafa Benitez.
- Inter have won the most games from trailing situations (five), while AC Milan have won none of the seven in which have fallen behind (three draws and four defeats).
- Inter have won four and lost one of their games without Lucio and AC Milan have won two and lost one without Ibrahimovic, both will be suspended for this game.
- Leonardo won both his two previous meetings against Allegri in Serie A last season, but lost both derbies against Inter while he was in charge of AC Milan, conceding six goals without scoring any.
Napoli v Lazio
- Lazio are unbeaten in their last four meetings against Napoli in the league (two wins, two draws).
- Over these last four meetings Napoli have scored only one goal.
- At the San Paolo, Napoli have failed to win their last five games against Lazio (three draws, two defeats).
- Napoli have suffered only one defeat in the last seven match-days of this campaign (at the San Siro against AC Milan).
- At home Napoli are unbeaten in 11 fixtures, and have taken all three points in nine of these.
- No player had scored a goal against Morgan De Sanctis at the San Paolo for 798 minutes prior to Robert Acquafresca: still this is the longest period without conceding at home for a Napoli 'keeper in Serie A.
- Napoli have already equalled their record of points in a single Serie A campaign (59, the same as the total of those taken last season).
- Lazio have won only one of their last nine Serie A games played away from home.
- Lazio have the second-best defence of this competition (25 goals conceded), Napoli the third-best (27).
- One more goal would allow Edison Cavani to become Napoli's most prolific goal-scorer in a single Serie A campaign - the Uruguayan has already netted 22 in the first 30 match-days of this season.
Parma v Bari
- Parma are unbeaten against Bari in Serie A with 14 wins and five draws.
- At the Tardini, the hosts have always won against Bari in the top-flight (nine wins out of nine games).
- The win against Sampdoria in their last outing was Parma's first win in Serie A following a run of eight consecutive winless games.
- At home Parma have failed to win any of their last four league games.
- Bari are winless in their last 12 league games, and have picked up only three draws in the process.
- The last time Bari managed to score more than one goal in a league game was November (a 2-3 defeat against AC Milan).
- Prior to drawing 1-1 at the San Siro against AC Milan, Bari had lost five consecutive games away from home.
- Bari have collected only 17 points so far, 25 fewer than those picked up last season after the same number of games in the league.
- Bari have scored 17 goals this campaign, at least seven fewer than any other side in Serie A.
Roma v Juventus
- Roma have lost more games against Juventus than any other side in Serie A history (71 defeats in 153 previous meetings).
- Roma have won only one of their last 11 league meetings against Juventus (2-1 in Turin last season).
- The Giallorossi have picked up only one point from their last five games at home with Juve.
- Roma did have the better, however, on the last occasion they faced the Old Lady, last January in the Coppa Italia (2-0 in Turin).
- Roma are still unbeaten in the league since the appointment of Vincenzo Montella (three wins and two draws).
- The Giallorossi have lost only one game at home this campaign (0-2 against Napoli).
- After a streak of four consecutive games without a win, Juventus went back to winning ways in their last time out against Brescia.
- The Bianconeri have won only one of their last seven games on the road in Serie A.
- Two braces in the last two matches have allowed Francesco Totti to reach 201 goals in Serie A.
- Totti is nine goals away from equalling the all-time record of goals scored by a single player with the same team in Serie A: Gunnar Nordahl (210 for AC Milan).
- Roma have been awarded a penalty in each of their last five games in Serie A and the Champions League.