Serie A Opta Facts: 20-21 April
Bologna - Sampdoria
- Bologna have lost their last two games against Sampdoria and have managed to win just one of the last 13 meetings.
- At home, Bologna are unbeaten in their last four games against Samp, winning one and drawing three.
- Bologna have lost just one of their last seven league games but have drawn each of the last three.
- Samp are winless in their last five Serie A games, picking up just two points in the process.
- The Doriani have won only one of their last 14 games on the road - vs Juventus back in January.
- Samp have scored only two goals over the course of their last six away fixtures in the league.
- Bologna's last nine league goals have all been scored by different players.
- Bologna have scored the joint-most goals following an indirect free-kick - six, along with Roma.
- Samp have scored 45.9% of their goals from set-piece situations (17 out of 37), the highest rate in Serie A this season.
- Eder has been directly involved in Samp's last three goals in the league, scoring one and providing two assists.
Catania - Palermo
- This will be the 18th derby between Catania and Palermo in Serie A - the Rossoblu currently lead by six wins to five.
- The record in the last five top-flight derbies between these two sides is perfectly even, with two wins apiece and one draw.
- Catania have won their last five games at home against Palermo and didn't concede any goals in the last four.
- Fabrizio Miccoli had found the net in both of his last two appearances against Catania - he has bagged three overall in nine Sicilian derbies in the top-flight.
- Catania have already been involved in six goalless draws this term - a joint-record alongside Siena and Torino.
- Catania have won only one of their last six Serie A fixtures.
- However, they've lost only once in their last eight matches at home, winning five in the process.
- Palermo are unbeaten in their last three games, and have lost only two of the last nine (2W 5D).
- Against Sampdoria, Palermo won their first away game after 371 days without a victory on the road, ending a run of eight draws and 11 losses away from the Barbera.
- Jasmin Kurtic hasw mustered the most shots without scoring a goal this season (45 attempts, including blocked shots).
Fiorentina - Torino
- Torino have recorded 45 wins against Fiorentina in Serie A - more than against any other opponent; while 41 wins for the Viola and 41 draws complete the record.
- However, Torino have picked up only one point from their last seven league meetings with Fiorentina.
- Torino's last win at the Franchi against Fiorentina came in October 1976: they are currently on a run of 22 games without a vctory there.
- Fiorentina have won four of their last six Serie A fixtures.
- Vincenzo Montella's side are unbeaten at home in their last six games (4W 2D).
- Torino have managed to win only one of their last seven games, losing four.
- The Granata are winless in their last five away games (3L 2D).
- Torino have conceded 10 goals in total in their last three away fixtures in the league.
- Fiorentina have already won 10 penalties - no other side have been awarded more in the top five European leagues this term.
- Torino, on the other hand, have conceded the most penalties in Europe this season (11).
- Fiorentina are one of the only two sides against which Rolando Bianchi has never scored in Serie A.
Genoa - Atalanta
- Atalanta have won only one of their last seven meetings against Genoa in the league, with the Grifoni enjoying three wins in the process.
- At home, Genoa are unbeaten in their last six gems against Atalanta (4W 2D).
- Genoa are winless in their last seven league fixtures (3D 4L).
- Atalanta have scored two or more goals in five of their last seven Serie A games.
- In their last six away games, Atalanta have alternated between a wins and a loss (three of each) - they beat Inter 4-3 in their last game on the road.
- Atalanta haven't drawn any of their last 11 away games (4W 7L).
- Atalanta have already had 13 players sent off this term - more than any other side in the top-five European leagues.
- Against Genoa, Maxi Moralez scored a brace on his Serie A debut back in September 2011.
- Six of Atalanta's last eight goals in Serie A have been scored by German Denis.
- Only Torino's Jean-François Gillet (seven) has conceded more goals from the penalty spot than Sebastien Frey (five) this season.
Inter - Parma
- Parma have won three of their last four Serie A games against Inter, as many as they had won in their previous 21 meetings against the Nerazzurri.
- These two sides have shared only one draw in their last 13 league meetings.
- Inter have won their last six games against Parma at the San Siro, losing only once at home against the Ducali.
- Inter have lost four of their last five Serie A fixtures, including the last three at home
- Parma have failed to score in three of their last four league games.
- Away from home, Roberto Donadoni's side have collected only two points from their last six games, failing to score in the last three.
- Parma have already recouped 16 points from losing situations, a haul no Serie A side can better this season.
- Amauri has mustered 26 headed shots - more than any other player in this Serie A campaign.
- Inter have won only 17% of their league games without Diego Milito this season, whiole their win rate goes up to 65% with him playing.
Juventus - AC Milan
- The record between Juventus and AC Milan in their last five meetings is perfectly even: two wins apiece and one draw.
- In Turin, there have been three wins each and two goalless draws in the last seven meetings between these two sides since 2004.
- Juventus have won each of their last five league fixtures, conceding only two goals in the process.
- The Old Lady has kept seven clean sheets in their last 10 home games in this competition.
- AC Milan remain the only side still unbeaten in 2013 in Serie A (9W 5D); however the Rossoneri have drawn their last two games, against Fiorentina and Napoli.
- AC Milan have found the back of the net in each of their last six games on the road.
- Juventus and AC Milan have made the most successful passes in this Serie A this season, 428 per game and 398 per game respectively.
- AC Milan have scored the most goals courtesy of Italian players this season (43).
- Juventus have netted the most courtesy of substitutes (10).
- Gianluigi Buffon has kept 13 clean sheets - a high in Serie A this season.
Napoli - Cagliari
- Napoli are unbeaten in their last seven Serie A games against Cagliari (4W 3D).
- The Partenopei have won their last two matches against Cagliari played at the San Paolo - previously, the Sardinians had gone seven games unbeaten at Napoli's ground.
- Napoli scored six goals on the last occasion they hosted Cagliari - as many as they had netted in their previous seven home games against the Sardinians.
- Napoli have lost only one of their last 15 league games (2-0 vs Chievo), winning eight and drawing six.
- Cagliari have lost only one of their last 13 Serie A fixtures - they would be 3rd in the table with 26 points taking into account only the games played in the second half of the season.
- Cagliari haven't scored a single goal in their last three away games in Serie A.
- Marek Hamsik has provided 14 assists so far this season - a joint-record in the top five European leagues along with Andres Iniesta.
- Lorenzo Insigne has featured in each of the 32 Serie A match-days in this campaign, but only 14 of these saw him in the starting XI.
- Insigne has scored three goals as a substitute - a joint-most in this competition.
- Edinson Cavani has scored nine goals in Serie A in 2013 - more than any other player.
Roma - Pescara
- Roma had the better of things in the reverse fixture against Pescara, ending a run of three draws and two wins for the Abruzzesi in the top-flight.
- The record at the Olimpico sees the hosts lead by three wins to two, with the visitors winning on their last two trips to Rome.
- Roma have lost only one of their last eight Serie A games (5W), and are unbeaten in their last four home games (3W 1D).
- Roma have scored at home for 35 league games in a row - only between 1929 and 1932 have they enjoyed a logner home scoring streak (45 games).
- Pescara have lost their last eight Serie A games, and picked-up only one point from the last 13.
- Away from home, Pescara have conceded goals in 15 of the 16 games played in this campaign, kepping a clean sheet only against Fiorentina.
- Pescara and Roma are the two sides with the most goals conceded this season - 66 and 53 respectively.
- Francesco Totti has been directly involved in six of Roma's last nine goals, scoring three and assisting three.
- Against Torino, Roma scored their 16th headed goal of the season - a Serie A high this season.
Siena - Chievo
- Siena are unbeaten in their last five Serie A games against Chievo (2W 3D).
- The Tuscans have kept four clean sheets in their last seven league meetings against Chievo.
- Only one of the seven previous meetings between these two sides at Siena's ground has ended in a draw, with four wins for the guests and two for the hosts.
- Siena are unbeaten in the last four match-days in Serie A (2W 2D) - the Tuscans have never remained unbeaten for five games in a row this season.
- Siena have failed to score in each of their last three home games in the league.
- Chievo have taken just one point from the last three match-days in Serie A.
- Chievo remain the only Serie A side yet to draw away from home this season (4W 12L).
- Siena have recorded the highest conversion rate this season (15.7% of their shots have found the net).
- Alessandro Rosina has been subbed off 21 times so far this term, more than any other Serie A player.
- Dario Dainelli (Chievo) has made the most interceptions in this Serie A season (94).
Udinese - Lazio
- Prior to their 3-0 loss in the reverse fixture, Udinese had scored in 11 consecutive games against Lazio in the league.
- Udinese are unbeaten in their last five home meetings against Lazio in Serie A, and won the last two.
- Udinese have won back-to-back games Parma and Chievo - they've never won three in a row in this campaign.
- Before beating Parma last Sunday, Udinese had last won a Serie A game without Antonio Di Natale back in April 2011 (2-1 vs Napoli).
- Udinese have conceded only three goals in their last eight home fixtures, and never more than one per game.
- Lazio have won only two of their last 12 league games, losing seven in the process.
- The Biancocelesti have failed to score in four of their last six Serie A fixtures.
- Lazio have only won one of their last 11 away games in the league, failing to score in seven of these.
- Antonio Di Natale has already scored 11 goals against Lazio, only against Roma has he nettted more in Serie A (13).
- Miroslav Klose's last Serie A goal was scored back in December vs Inter - since then, he has failed to score in seven league appearances, his longest goal-scoring drought in Italy.