Serie A Opta Facts - 22-23 September
Atalanta - Palermo
- Atalanta have won just one of their last nine meetings against Palermo in Serie A, with the Rosanero winning five.
- Atalanta have scored in each of their last 12 home meetings against Palermo but have never scored more than two goals in that run.
- Fabrizio Miccoli has scored three goals in his last four league games against Atalanta.
- Beating AC Milan last Saturday, Atalanta ended a run of five games in which they had picked up just one point in the league.
- Palermo are winless in their last 11 league fixtures - their last win was in April against Bologna.
- Palermo have failed to score in four of their last five Serie A games on the road.
- Palermo have scored just one goal so far in this campaign - they currently possess the worst attack of Serie A.
- Giuseppe Sannino was the first manager to be sacked in Serie A this term.
- He has been replaced by Giampiero Gasperini, whose last experience in Serie A saw him remain winless at Inter (two losses and a draw).
Bologna - Pescara
- Bologna and Pescara have met six times so far in Serie A, with the Dolphins leading by two wins to one.
- Pescara have lost fewer games against Bologna than against any other Serie A opponent they've met at least four times in Serie A.
- However, Bologna are still unbeaten at home against Pescara in the top-flight - two draws followed by a win.
- The three previous meetings played at the Dall'Ara between these two sides have seen only three goals scored in total.
- Beating Roma last Sunday, Bologna ended a run of three consecutive defeats in Serie A - a run that stretched back to last term.
- Bologna have scored in each of their last 10 home games in Serie A.
- Pescara have lost their first three games of the season, conceding three goals each time.
- Pescara have conceded the most goals so far in this Serie A campaign (nine).
- In their only previous away game of the season, Pescara lost 3-0 at Torino without attempting a single shot on target.
Cagliari - Roma
- Roma lead by 26 wins to 17 in the 66 meetings between these two sides in Serie A.
- Cagliari have already scored 80 goals against Roma in the league, more than against any other opponent.
- Roma born Daniele Conti has already scored five goals against his city's team, more than against any other side - two of which have come in the last three meetings between these sides in Sardinia.
- Francesco Totti has found the net 13 times against Cagliari in the league; only against Parma has he bagged more so far (15).
- Cagliari are winless in the league since April when they beat Catania 3-0 - since then, they've lost three and drawn four games.
- That was also the last game that Cagliari scored more than two goals in Serie A.
- Roma last won back to back games in Serie A way back in March.
- Over their last five Serie A games between this and last season, Roma have always scored more than a single goal, but they've also always conceded.
- Roma are unbeaten away from home in their last three games, a goalless draw followed by two wins.
Catania - Napoli
- Catania and Napoli have met 22 times in the top-flight: the Partenopei lead by nine wins to seven.
- Catania have won just one of their last six games against Napoli, three draws and two wins to the Partenopei complete the record.
- However, at home the Sicilians are unbeaten in the league against Napoli (six wins and five draws at the Massimino).
- Edinson Cavani has scored a goal in three of his four league appearances against Catania in Serie A since his move to Napoli.
- Catania have managed just one win over the last eight Serie A match-days between this and last season.
- Catania have drawn just once in the last 10 games played at home in Serie A, winning six.
- Napoli have won their last four Serie A games (a run that includes the final match of last term).
- The last time Napoli won five consecutive league games was back in February.
Inter - Siena
- Inter are unbeaten in Serie A against Siena - 12 wins (including those in the last six meetings) and four draws.
- Siena have kept only one clean sheet so far against Inter in the league (0-0 in January 2006).
- At the San Siro, the head to head sees the Nerazzurri winning six times, with two draws.
- Diego Milito has scored four goals in the four league games he has played for Inter against Siena so far, including a brace in their last meeting.
- Inter have alternated between a win and a defeat over their last seven league games - should this trend continue, the Nerazzurri would lose against Siena.
- Inter have conceded goals in each of their last five home games in Serie A (11 in total).
- Siena have picked up only four points from their last eight Serie A fixtures - as a result of four draws.
- The Tuscans have always scored in their last nine away games, however they are winless in the last three (a draw, followed by two losses).
- Serse Cosmi has won just two of his 13 previous meetings against Inter in the league, losing 10 times.
Juventus - Chievo
- Chievo are unbeaten in their last five league games against Juventus - a win followed by four consecutive draws.
- In three of these draws, the Old Lady had taken the lead, the other was a 0-0.
- At home Juventus are unbeaten against Chievo in the league (six wins and three draws).
- Sergio Pellissier scored his only Serie A hat-trick against Juventus in April 2009 (3-3 in Turin).
- Beating Genoa last Sunday, Juventus stretched their unbeaten run to 42 games in the league, only AC Milan have ever managed a longer run in Serie A history.
- Buffon & co. have won six of their last seven home games.
- The last away team able to score more than a single goal at the Juventus Stadium was Genoa, back in October (2-2).
- Chievo have lost their last two games against Parma and Lazio - the last time they lost three games in a row in Serie A was in October.
- Juventus already boast the best attack in the league (nine goals scored).
- Domenico Di Carlo has won just once in nine meetings against Juventus in his managerial career, however he managed to draw six of these games.
Lazio - Genoa
- Genoa won both fixtures against Lazio last season.
- The last three league meetings between these sides have produced 14 goals overall.
- Two of Genoa's four total wins at Lazio's ground have come in the last five meetings between these sides at the Olimpico.
- Lazio have scored in each of the last 10 games played at home against Genoa in the league.
- Against Genoa, Hernanes scored the first of his two Serie A braces back in May 2011, the other came last Sunday.
- Marco Borriello has found the net in his last two appearances against Lazio in the league, with AC Milan and Roma.
- Lazio have won three games out of three in this campaign - they had maintained a 100% record after three match-days only once in Serie A previously (in 1974/75).
- Genoa have already lost two games this season - on both fixtures the Grifoni had taken the lead before conceding three goals against Catania and Juventus.
- Genoa are winless in their last 13 away games, in which they've picked up only two points.
- The Grifoni have conceded an average of 2.8 goals per game over these last 13 away games.
Parma - Fiorentina
- Fiorentina are unbeaten in their last five meetings against Parma in Serie A (two wins and three draws).
- The Viola have scored in 12 of their last 13 Serie A games against the Ducali.
- Fiorentina are also unbeaten in their last four visits to the Tardini (a win and three draws).
- Luca Toni has already scored eight goals in the top-flight against Parma, more than against any other side.
- Parma have not shared the points in any of their last 12 league fixtures (nine wins and three losses).
- Two of these defeats came at the start of this campaign - away to Napoli and Juventus.
- Parma have won their last six home games, conceding only two goals in the process.
- Fiorentina beat Catania 2-0 last Sunday - the last time the Viola managed back to back wins in Serie A was in February.
- Stevan Jovetic is the current Serie A top-scorer on four goals after three games.
- Fiorentina haven't drawn any of their last five games (three wins and two losses).
- Vincenzo Montella has drawn his three previous games against Parma in his Serie A managerial career.
Sampdoria - Torino
- This will be a fixture between two newly promoted teams: last term in Serie B, Torino won both games by 2-1.
- Samp and Torino have also met 106 times in Serie A - the Granata lead by 43 wins to 31, with 32 draws.
- Sampdoria have lost just two of their last 12 league meetings against Torino, winning six times in the process.
- The Doriani are unbeaten in their last six home games against Torino (four wins and two draws).
- However, only in one of these six fixtures have they managed to score more than a single goal against the Granata.
- Sampdoria have won three games out of three so far in this campaign.
- This is something they had only been able to do three times before in Serie A (in 1956/57, 1982/83, 2009/10).
- Rolando Bianchi has already scored three goals against Sampdoria in all competitions, including that in the last meeting between these two sides at the Marassi last season.
- Sampdoria are the only Serie A side to have already scored two goals following corner situations.
Udinese - AC Milan
- These two sides have met 74 times in the top-flight - the Rossoneri lead by 33 wins to 11, with 30 draws.
- AC Milan are in fact the team against which Udinese have drawn the most games in Serie A.
- Udinese have managed to score more than a single goal against AC Milan just once in their last 14 meetings (2-1 in May 2009).
- Antonio Di Natale has already scored 10 goals against AC Milan in the league - seven in the last seven meetings.
- Stephan El Shaarawy has scored only two goals in Serie A so far - both against Udinese.
- Only Pescara (nine) have conceded more goals than Udinese (eight) so far in this campaign.
- AC Milan have alternated between a win and a defeat over their last six league games - following this trend, they should beat Udinese.
- Only once previously have AC Milan lost their first two home games of the season (in 1930/31).
- However, AC Milan have lost only one of their last nine games on the road, winning seven times.
- Massimiliano Allegri is still unbeaten against Francesco Guidolin in Serie A (three wins and three draws).