Serie A Opta Facts - 23 - 24 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bari v Sampdoria
- Bari have won only two of their last 21 meetings with Sampdoria in Serie A, though these two wins came in their last two clashes with the Blucerchiati at the San Nicola.
- Bari have won only one game in the last 15 match-days of Serie A (2-1 at Parma).
- That win was also the only game since November in which Bari have managed to score more than one goal.
- Bari's last home win came way back in September (2-1 vs Brescia); since then they have picked up only five points in 13 games on home soil.
- Samp would be bottom of the Serie A table taking into account only the games played in 2011 on nine points; Bari have collected 10 points in this timeframe.
- Sampdoria have scored only one goal and won only one point under new manager, Alberto Cavasin.
- The Blucerchiati have not scored a goal away from home since Pazzini netted a brace in Lecce last November (nine games).
- Both sides have taken 22 points less than they had last season after 33 rounds.
- Bari and Samp have also recorded the worst attacks of this competition, scoring respectively 20 and 26 goals.
- Only one player (Barreto) has scored more than a single goal so far in this campaign for Bari, while Samp's most prolific scorer is Stefano Guberti (five goals).
Bologna v Cesena
- These two sides have met 16 times in the top flight: Cesena lead by five wins to four, with eight draws.
- At home Bologna have suffered only one defeat against Cesena in the league, although this came in their last meeting at the Dall'Ara (0-1).
- Bologna have lost their last three league games, currently their worst run in this campaign.
- At home Alberto Malesani's side have failed to win their last four games; last time they recorded a longer winless streak at home was in 2004/05.
- Cesena have suffered only one defeat in the last eight match-days of Serie A, winning three games and drawing four times.
- Since the goalless draw at the Olimpico against Roma on match-day 1, Cesena have not managed a clean sheet in 15 games on the road.
- All three headed goals scored by Cesena this season have been bagged by Erjon Bogdani.
- Cesena have fired in only 110 shots on target - a league-low.
Brescia v AC Milan
- AC Milan have lost only one of their last 17 games against Brescia in Serie A.
- However, these two sides have shared the points in eight of their last 12 meetings, with the Rossoneri only able to win one of their last six visits to the Rigamonti.
- Brescia have won only once in the last nine match-days (3-1 vs Bologna in their last game at home).
- After losing to Palermo, AC Milan have notched up three consecutive wins in the league.
- The loss against Palermo is AC Milan's only defeat in 2011 in the league.
- The Rossoneri have picked up the most points away from home this season (34).
- Massimiliano Allegri's side also boast the best attack (59 goals scored alongside Udinese) and best defence (23 conceded).
- 12 of AC Milan's goals have been netted by substitutes, a league-high, with four of these coming from Robinho.
- AC Milan have scored on average two goals per game with Pato, and only 1.36 without the Brazilian striker.
- Only 15% of the Rossoneri's goals have been scored by Italian players, the lowest ratio in this competition this season.
Cagliari v Fiorentina
- Cagliari have won 17 games against Fiorentina so far in Serie A; only against Sampdoria have they recorded more (20).
- However the Viola have had the better in three of their last four meetings with Cagliari, drawing once.
- At home Cagliari have lost only two of their 30 Serie A meetings with Fiorentina, winning 14 of these games.
- Cagliari may have been unbeaten in their last three games, but the Sardinians have managed only one win in the last six match-days of this competition.
- Fiorentina are winless in their last four games, their worst run since September.
- The Viola are, however, unbeaten in their last five games on the road (two wins and three draws), their best run since November 2007.
- Fiorentina have recorded the most draws in this campaign (13 so far).
- Robert Acquafresca has netted four goals in the last four match-days of Serie A.
Genoa v Lecce
- Genoa have lost only one of their nine previous meetings with Lecce in the top flight, winning six times (including the last four).
- The record at the Marassi sees the hosts unbeaten with Lecce (three wins and one drawmwith only one goal conceded).
- Lecce are unbeaten in the last three match-days of Serie A: two wins before the last gasp draw with Cagliari last Sunday.
- Genoa have won three of their last four games at home, losing the other against Cagliari.
- Lecce have lost only two of their last seven games on the road; with three wins and two draws in the process.
- Lecce possess the worst defence of this competition: 54 goals conceded, 34 of which after the break.
- Lecce have made only 335 passes per game on average, the lowest ratio in Serie A.
- Genoa have won the lowest percentage of tackles this season in Serie A (69%).
Inter v Lazio
- Inter have drawn 51 times against Lazio in Serie A, more than against any other opponent.
- Prior to the 3-1 defeat in the reverse fuxture back in December, Inter had remained unbeaten with Lazio for 13 games in the league.
- At home Inter are still unbeaten against Lazio in 11 games: six consecutive draws followed by five wins in a row.
- Inter are on a run of 10 consecutive wins at home in Serie A, their longest run since 2007/08 when they notched up 11 wins on the spin.
- Inter have collected 39 points at home this season - a Serie A joint-high with Lazio.
- Lazio have won three of their last four Serie A fixtures; before beating Catania, however, the Biancocelesti had lost three in a row away from home.
- Inter have scored 38 goals after the break, more than any other Serie A side this season.
- Inter have won the most games from trailing situations this season (five out of 15).
- Hernanes' last five league goals have been scored in the first half.
Juventus v Catania
- Juventus have lost only one of their last 14 Serie A meetings with Catania, their last one in Turin in December 2009.
- At home, Juve have taken only two points from their last three meetings with Catania.
- At home Juventus have not shared the points in their last nine games (five wins and four draws).
- Catania have not won away from home in over a year, since their 1-0 win against Lazio in Roma in February 2010.
- In fact, the Sicilians are the only Serie A side still without a win away from home this term.
- Juventus have conceded the most goals at home this season in Serie A (25).
- Catania have found the target with only 37% of their shots, the lowest ratio in this competition.
- Alessandro Matri has netted four goals in the last five match-days of Serie A.
Palermo v Napoli
- This wil be the 36th meeting between Napoli and Palermo in Serie A: the Partenopei lead by 16 wins to seven, with 12 draws.
- However, Palermo have won the last four meetings played at the Barbera, beating Napoli each time by one-goal margin.
- Palermo have recorded a win and a draw since the return of Delio Rossi, conceding two goals in both games.
- At home the Sicilians have won only one of their last four games in the league, against AC Milan (1-0).
- Before losing at home against Udinese last Sunday, Napoli had notched up four consecutive wins - their longest winning streak since 1994/95.
- Away from home Napoli have won three of their last four games, losing just at AC Milan.
- Javier Pastore has not scored a goal since 13 February (Palermo-Fiorentina 2-4).
- Giuseppe Mascara has scored two goals in the last two match-days, and four overall against his former team Palermo in Serie A. He has netted more only against Udinese (five).
Roma v Chievo
- Roma are unbeaten in their last 14 league meetings with Chievo, though the Giallorossi have been helded to a draw in eight of these fixtures.
- Roma have conceded only one goal in their last five games at home against Chievo combined.
- Vincenzo Montella's side have won only one of their last four league games, away to Udinese.
- At home Roma have taken the three points only once in the last six games, losing three times in the process, but Chievo have managed only one win from their last five games on the road.
- Chievo are the only Serie A side to have a 100% record after taking the lead this season (nine wins in nine games).
- Roma have hit the woodwork the most times so far this season (17 times, six of which by Marco Borriello).
- By scoring against Chievo, Francesco Totti would equal Roberto Baggio on 205 goals in Serie A.
- Totti has scored seven of Roma's last eight goals in this competition.
Udinese v Parma
- Parma are unbeaten in their last four meetings with Udinese in Serie A (two wins and two draws).
- At home Udinese have not lost any of their last eight games with the Ducali (four wins and as many draws).
- Taking into account only 2011, Udinese would be second in the Serie A table just behind Inter, but having played two games less than the Nerazzurri.
- Since September, Udinese have lost only one game at home, their last one against Roma.
- Parma have recorded two wins and two draws in their last four league games.
- Away from home, Parma have won just one of their last seven games.
- Samir Handanovic has already saved five of the seven penalties he has faced this season, including the one against Napoli last Sunday: more than any other Serie A 'keeper.
- Udinese have scored the most goals from outside the box in this campaign (11).
- Parma are instead the side that have conceded the most goals from outside the box (12).
- Hernan Crespo has already scored 14 goals against Udinese in the league, at least five more than he has managed against any other Serie A side.
- These two managers have never shared the points in their previous seven meetings in Serie A.