Serie A Opta Facts - 26-28 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bari v Fiorentina
- Bari and Fiorentina have met 57 times so far in the top flight: the Viola lead by 23 wins to 16, with 18 of the games ended in a draw.
- These two sides have shared one win each in their last four meetings in the league, with Fiorentina winning 2-1 the reverse fixture at the Franchi.
- Neither of these two sides have managed to score more than two goals in their last 10 league meetings.
- Bari have defeated Fiorentina in their last three meetings at the San Nicola.
- Fiorentina have scored only one goal in their last four visits to Bari.
- Bari have picked up only one point from the last eight match-days of Serie A, scoring only two goals in this period.
- Bari are yet to score their first goal at home in 2011 in four games.
- Against Palermo, Fiorentina won their first away game after 17 games without a win on the road.
- Bari have the worst attack in Serie A this season; scoring only 14 goals in 26 games, of which only four of these goals have come in the first half.
Brescia v Lecce
- Lecce have won their last four meetings with Brescia in Serie A.
- Brescia have had the better only once at home in five previous top-flight games against Lecce. (3-2 in March 1998).
- Lecce have always scored at Brescia's ground in Serie A.
- Brescia have won only one of their last six league games, failing to score in four of these.
- In their last six games at home, however, Brescia have alternated between wins and defeats, a run that ends with their 0-2 defeat against Lazio.
- Lecce have picked up seven points from their last four away games; prior to this, they had collected only two from 17 games away from home.
- Brescia have conceded only two goals in the last 15 minutes of games: a league-low.
Cagliari v Lazio
- Lazio have won their last two games against Cagliari, with the Sardinians having won the previous two.
- Cagliari have beaten Lazio only once in their last 11 meetings in the league at home.
- Since 1980, Cagliari have scored more than a single goal in a game against Lazio only once in 16 meetings (4-1 in September 1993).
- Cagliari are yet to draw under the management of Roberto Donadoni (eight wins and six defeats).
- Cagliari have lost points only against Juventus in their last four games at home, defeating Palermo, Bari and Chievo.
- Lazio have conceded only one goal in their last five matches, in which they have notched up three wins and two draws.
- Cagliari have already scored eight goals following corner kicks, a league-high.
- Cristian Ledesma has attempted the most passes so far this season in Serie A (1427).
Catania v Genoa
- This will be the 18th meeting between these two sides in Serie A: the Sicilians lead by seven wins to six, with four games ending in a draw.
- Although Catania have had the better only twice in their last 10 meetings with the Grifoni, but one of these wins came in their last visit to the Massimino last May.
- Over these last 10 meetings, Catania have never scored more than a goal in a game.
- However, in Catania, the hosts have won six out of eight games against Genoa, losing and drawing once.
- Genoa have not scored in their last three trips to Catania.
- Under Diego Simeone, Catania have won only four points in five games.
- Genoa are unbeaten in their last four league games: drawing against AC Milan and Bari, and collecting wins over Sampdoria and Roma.
- Away from home, Genoa have conceded only seven goals so far this season - fewer than any other Serie A side.
- Before netting four in the second half against Roma, Genoa had not scored more than three in 35 league games.
- Domenico Criscito is the Serie A defender who has attempted the most shots this season (25).
Cesena v Chievo
- Chievo's 2-1 win in Verona is the only previous meeting between these two sides in Serie A.
- Last weekend's 2-2 draw with Parma extended Cesena winless run to nine league games, currently the longest streak in Serie A.
- Cesena have scored more than one goal at home only once since start of this season, when they beat AC Milan 2-0 in September.
- Overall, Cesena have netted only nine goals at home so far, only Bari have netted fewer (seven).
- Chievo have lost their last two games against Cagliari and AC Milan, conceding six goals in total.
- Since October, Chievo have won only one game away from the Bentegodi.
- Cesena have attempted the fewest shots on target so far this season in Serie A (77).
- Chievo have picked up 67 yellow cards this season, more than any other Serie A outfit.
Juventus v Bologna
- Bologna's last win against Juventus was in November 1998 - since then, the Bianconeri have notched-up 12 wins and six draws.
- However, the reverse fixture last October ended 0-0, while the last meeting in Turin was also a draw (1-1 in September 2009).
- Overall, Bologna have won at Juventus' ground only four times in 64 previous meetings in Serie A, last time in 1980/81.
- After beating Inter, Juventus are on course to win two consecutive games at home for the first time since November.
- Juventus have conceded more goals at home than any other Serie A side this season (19).
- Away from home, Bologna have conceded eight in their last three games, picking up only one point from these fixtures.
- Luca Toni has already attempted 21 headed shots - the most in the league this season.
AC Milan v Napoli
- Since 1995/96, Napoli have beaten AC Milan only once in the league (3-1 at the San paolo in May 2008); with seven wins for the Rossoneri and as many draws completing the record.
- AC Milan are unbeaten at home in their last 16 meetings with the Partenopei; Napoli's last win at Milan was in 1985/86.
- On the last four occasions AC Milan have failed to score at home against Napoli, the game ended 0-0.
- Massimiliano Allegri's side are still unbeaten in 2011 (five wins and four draws).
- AC Milan have not conceded a goal in their last three games at home.
- Napoli have won five of their last six league games, losing 2-0 against Chievo.
- Those two goals scored by Chievo were the only ones that Napoli have conceded in the last eight match-days of this campaign.
- Overall, Napoli have kept a league-high 14 clean sheets this season.
- AC Milan boast the second-best attack in Serie A, with 46 goals scored.
- Edison Cavani is the current Serie A top-scorer on 20 goals, while Zlatan Ibrahimovic has made the most assists (11).
- Four of the 10 goals scored by Robinho this season have arrived when the BraZilian has come off the bench - no other sub player has scored more so far.
- Massimiliano Allegri are still unbeaten against teams managed by Walter Mazzarri in Serie A (two wins and two draws).
Palermo v Udinese
- Udinese have won their last two league meetings against Palermo, while the Rosanero had won the previous two.
- At the Barbera, Palermo are unbeaten in their last five games with Udinese, with four wins and a draw.
- Palermo have lost their last two league games against Fiorentina and Bologna; last time they lost three in a row was March 2008.
- Their defeat against Fiorentina ended a run of seven consecutive wins at home for the Sicilians.
- In 2011, only Inter (27) have won more points than Udinese (21) in Serie A, although the Nerazzurri have played to games more than Guidolin's side.
- Udinese have not conceded goals in the last three match-days of this competition, and have won their last three games on the road against Genoa, Juventus and Cesena.
- Udinese have already scored 17 goals from set pieces - more than any other Serie A side this season.
- Palermo have netted 10 from outside the box; a league-high.
- There was only one draw in the nine previous meetings between these two managers; Delio Rossi and Francesco Guidolin, in the top-flight.
Roma v Parma
- The goalless draw in the reverse fixture ended a run of eight consecutive wins for Roma against Parma in Serie A.
- Before not conceding goals in that game, Parma had always conceded at least two in their eight previous meetings against the Giallorossi.
- Parma have scored only two goals in their last nine meetings with Roma in the league.
- Roma have lost only one of the 19 meetings against Parma at the Olimpico (0-1 in April 1997), and have won the last nine against the Ducali at home soil.
- Parma have failed to score in their last three visits to Roma in Serie A.
- Before losing to Napoli, Roma had remained unbeaten at home for 12 consecutive league games (nine wins and three draws).
- Parma have managed only one win in their last eight league games, losing five times in this period.
- Away from home, Pasquale Marino's side have lost five iof their last six games in this competition, including the last three.
Sampdoria v Inter
- Sampdoria have beaten Inter only once in their last 15 meetings in the league, with six wins for the Nerazzurri and eight draws (including those in the last two meetings) completing the record.
- Neither of these two sides have managed to score more than one goal in their last six meetings in the league.
- Sampdoria beat Inter 1-0 in their last meeting at the Marassi, back in September 2009. Prior to that, the guest had not lost for six consecutive visits at Samp's ground.
- Sampdoria have failed to score in six of the last seven match-days of Serie A.
- Since Giampaolo Pazzini joined Inter, the Blucerchiati have netted only three goals in six league games.
- Pazzini instead has already scored four goals in six appearances for his new team in Serie A.
- Inter boast the best attack of this competition (47 goals).
- Napoli were the only side able to score more than a single goal at Sampdoria's ground since start of this season.
- Inter's last draw in the league was in November still under Benitez (1-1 at Lecce); since then, the Nerazzurri have gone 15 games without sharing the points.
- Under Leonardo, Inter have managed three wins and two defeats away from home in Serie A.
- With their new manager, Inter have failed to score only once in 11 games (1-0 defeat vs Juventus), but they also managed to keep only two clean sheets.