Serie A Opta Facts - 27-28th February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Catania v Bari
- This will be the sixth meeting between Catania and Bari in the top flight: the Sicilians are unbeaten with three wins and two draws so far.
- Bari have scored only one goal in their previous five Serie A meetings with Catania.
- Since then, Catania have kept four consecutive clean sheets against Bari.
- Sinisa Mihajlovic's side are unbeaten in the last four match-days of Serie A, and have conceded only one goal in the process.
- Bari are on a run of three consecutive defeats in the league, and away from home are winless since last October (Chievo v Bari 1-2).
- Giampiero Ventura's side have picked up only one point from their last seven games on the road in the league.
Chievo v Cagliari
- Chievo and Cagliari have met nine times in the top flight: the team from Verona lead by three wins to two, with four draws completing the record.
- The hosts are unbeaten in the four previous meetings at the Bentegodi, however, three of these fixtures have ended as draws.
- Chievo have managed only one win in their last four home games in the league.
- Domenico Di Carlo's players have netted only four goals in their last nine games in Serie A.
- Cagliari have lost the last two away games in the league,and have picked up only one point from the last three on the road.
Genoa v Bologna
- Since their return to Serie A in 2008, Genoa and Bologna have both managed one win against each other and a draw.
- Six of the last eight meetings between these two sides at the Marassi have ended as draws, including the last three.
- Overall, only three goals have been scored in the last five Serie A meetings between Genoa and Bologna at the Marassi, two by the hosts and one by the guests.
- Genoa are unbeaten at home in their last nine league fixtures, and have won their last three without conceding a single goal.
- Bologna have collected seven points from their last three away games, as result of wins against Fiorentina and Livorno and a draw with Chievo.
Juventus v Palermo
- Juventus and Palermo have shared four wins each in their last eight Serie A meetings.
- However, the Bianconeri have had the better of Palermo in three of the last four meetings.
- Palermo took all three points on their last trip to Turin, in October 2008.
- These two sides have drawn only once in their last 13 Serie A meetings, 1-1 in September 2004.
- Since the appointment of new manager Alberto Zaccheroni, Juventus are unbeaten in the league (two wins and as many draws).
- At home, the win against Genoa ended a run of four games without a win for Juventus (three defeats and a draw).
- Palermo have also benefited from the appointment of a new manager, with seven wins and two draws in the 12 games since Delio Rossi replaced Walter Zenga.
- However, away from home the Sicilians have picked up only two points in their last four fixtures, losing the last two without scoring a single goal.
Lazio v Fiorentina
- Fiorentina have won five of the last seven Serie A meetings with Lazio, one win to the Biancocelesti and the goalless draw in the reverse fixture of this season at the Artemio Franchi complete the record.
- Fiorentina have kept a clean sheet in six of the last seven meetings with Lazio in Serie A.
- These two sides have shared only one draw in their last 13 league meetings at the Olimpico (1-1 in May 2005).
- Lazio have managed only one win in the last seven match-days of Serie A.
- Fiorentina have lost five of the last seven league fixtures, and picked up only one point from the last three away from home.
- The Viola have picked up only one point from their last three games on the road.
Livorno v Siena
- Seven of the previous nine Serie A meetings between Livorno and Siena have ended as draws, one win to each side completes the record.
- Five of the last six Serie A meetings between these two sides have ended goalless.
- However, in Siena's only win nine goals were netted (6-3 in May 2005).
- Livorno have never beaten Siena at home in four previous meetings, three draws and a win to the guests.
- Serse Cosmi's side have picked up only two points from the last six match-days of this campaign.
- At home, the Amaranto are winless in the last three games, since beating Parma last month.
- In the last two match-days Siena have kept two clean sheets; it is the first time they haven't conceded for two consecutive games since March 2009.
- Before beating Chievo in Verona by 1-0, Siena had lost 10 consecutive games away from home.
AC Milan v Atalanta
- This will be the 100th meeting between AC Milan and Atalanta in Serie A: the Rossoneri lead by 44 wins to 18, 37 draws complete the record.
- Atalanta have managed only one win in their last 13 Serie A meetings with AC Milan at the San Siro; eight wins to the hosts and four draws in the process.
- AC Milan have won the last three league games, and are still unbeaten at home in 2010 (three wins and a draw).
- The Rossoneri have lost only one of their last 11 games at home (0-2 to Palermo back in December), winning eight and drawing two.
- Atalanta have netted only one goal in the last five match-days of this campaign, enough to beat Bari at home.
- The Nerazzurri have picked up only two points from their last six games on the road in the league.
- Atalanta have conceded the most goals in the first half so far in Serie A this season (45).
Napoli v Roma
- Roma are unbeaten in their last nine Serie A meetings with Napoli.
- Napoli have collected only one point from their last four meetings with Roma at home (a 2-2 draw in June 2001); in this period the Giallorossi have always netted at least two goals per game.
- Walter Mazzarri's side are winless in their last four Serie A fixtures (three draws and one defeat).
- At home, Napoli are still unbeaten in this campaign, however they have been held to a goalless draw in their last three fixtures.
- Napoli have not conceded a single goal in their last five games at the San Paolo.
- Roma are unbeaten in the last 15 match-days of Serie A, and are on a run of seven consecutive wins.
- Away from home, Claudio Ranieri's side have managed three wins and as many draws in their last six games.
Parma v Sampdoria
- This will be the 30th meeting between Parma and Sampdoria in the top flight: Samp lead by 11 wins to 10, with eight draws.
- The 1-1 draw of the reverse fixture followed a series of four consecutive wins for Sampdoria in this fixture.
- At home, Parma have failed to beat Sampdoria in the last four meetings, and lost the last two.
- Francesco Guidolin's side have picked up only two points from the last nine match-days of Serie A; Parma's last win was back in December (2-1 at home against Bologna).
- Sampdoria are unbeaten in the last six match-days of Serie A, including their goalless draw at Inter last Saturday.
- The Blucerchiati have conceded only one goal in their last four league fixtures.
Udinese v Inter
- Inter are unbeaten in their last 11 meetings with Udinese in Serie A, and have won the last three.
- At the Friuli, the visitors are unbeaten in their last six meetings with Udinese (two 1-0 wins and four draws).
- Udinese got back to winning ways last Wednesday against Cagliari, after two consecutive defeats in Serie A
- Inter are unbeaten in the last 10 match-days of Serie A, however they have been held to a draw in the last three.
- Away from home, José Mourinho's side have drawn four of the last five games in the league.
- Inter boast the best attack of Serie A (49 goals scored), and also have the best defence (20 conceded).
- Antonio Di Natale is currently the Serie A top-scorer with 18 goals.