Serie A Opta Facts - 30 April - 1May
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bari v Roma
- Bari's defeat to Sampdoria last week condemned them to a place in Serie B next season, despite there being four matches left to play.
- That was Bari's 21st defeat of the campaign - at least three more than any other side in Serie A.
- Roma are unbeaten against Bari in their last 16 meetings in the top-flight; Bari's last win was in 1992, since then the club from Puglia have picked up only three points from their games with Roma.
- Bari haven't scored more than one goal in any of their last 13 league meetings with Roma.
- Bari's nine wins over Roma in Serie A have all come on home soil.
- No Serie A side has scored more goals than Roma from set pieces this season (24).
- Under Vincenzo Montella, the Giallorossi have won three games and drawn one away from home so far.
- Francesco Totti has already scored 10 goals against Bari in Serie A.
Catania v Cagliari
- Catania have won only one of their last four Serie A meetings with Cagliari in the top-flight.
- At home, however, the Sicilians have beaten Cagliari in their last three meetings, always by the same scoreline (2-1).
- Catania may have won only one of their last five league fixtures, but at home they have won four of their last five.
- Cagliari have won only one of their last seven Serie A games, at home to Genoa; three draws and as many defeats complete their record.
- Cagliari have scored more goals from corners than any other Serie A side (10).
- Last Saturday against Juventus, 10 of Catania's starting 11 were from Argentina.
- Cagliari's Andrea Cossu has assisted the most goals in this campaign so far (13).
- Cagliari are the only Serie A side yet to receive a red card this season.
- Under Diego Simeone, the Sicilians have recorded four wins, three draws and seven defeats.
Cesena v Inter
- Should Inter fail to beat Cesena, the Nerazzurri would lose their Scudetto hopes if AC Milan beat Bologna at the San Siro.
- Cesena have beaten Inter only once in 21 previous meetings in the top-flight (1-0 at the San Siro in March 1975).
- Cesena are yet to win against Inter at home, where they have picked up only four points in 10 meetings so far in the league.
- Inter have scored two or more goals in each of their last six trips to Cesena in Serie A.
- Cesena are unbeaten in their last four games: after sharing the points with Fiorentina and Palermo, they saw off Bari and Bologna.
- Away from home, Inter have collected only one point in their last three games: after drawing 1-1 at Brescia the Nerazzurri have lost twice on the road without scoring.
- Inter have won the most games after going behind this season: six, including last Saturday against Lazio (from 0-1 to 2-1).
- The Nerazzurri have recouped the most points from trailing situations so far (20).
- Javier Zanetti has completed the most passes in Serie A this season (1575).
Chievo v Lecce
- Lecce are unbeaten in their last four Serie A meetings with Chievo (two wins, two draws).
- In Verona though, Chievo have notched up two wins and a draw in their last three encounters with Lecce in the top-flight.
- Lecce have the worst defence of this competition (60 goals shipped so far).
- Away from home, Lecce have kept only one clean sheet this season in their last 31 games in the top-flight (at Parma last February).
- Chievo are the only Serie A side to have won each of the games in which have taken the lead this season (nine).
- Lecce instead have won only nine of the 17 games in which have taken the lead, currently the lowest ratio in this competition (52%).
- In light of this, Lecce have already dropped 20 points from leading situations, the most by a Serie A side this term.
- Chievo have failed to score in six of their last eight league games.
Fiorentina v Udinese
- These two sides have not shared the points in their last nine Serie A meetings: Udinese have won five, Fiorentina four.
- At the Franchi, the Viola have lost only one of their last 11 meetings with Udinese, winning seven times.
- Sinisa Mihajlovic's side have failed to win in their last three home games (draws with Roma and Juventus, defeat to AC Milan).
- Udinese have lost three of their last four league games, a win at the San Paolo with Napoli completes their record.
- Away from home, however, Udinese have won six of their last seven games, scoring on average 3.7 goals per game.
- Antonio Di Natale has failed to score in the last two match-days, though he is still this competition's top-scorer with 26 goals, together with Edison Cavani.
- The last time Di Natale failed to score for three games in a row was in November.
- Fiorentina are the Serie A side who have played out the most draws so far this term (13).
- Francesco Guidolin has lost only two of his 22 previous meetings against Fiorentina in the top-flight, winning 10.
Lazio v Juventus
- Lazio have already lost 67 games against Juventus, more than against any other Serie A side so far.
- Lazio have conceded more goals against the Old Lady than any other side in this competition (238).
- Juventus are unbeaten in their last 12 league meetings against Lazio (eight wins and four draws).
- Since 2005, Juventus have never lost at the Olimpico in Serie A neither against Roma or Lazio: eight wins and three draws for the Bianconeri from their trips to the Capital.
- Juventus may be unbeaten in the last six Serie A rounds, but Del Piero & co. have managed to win only three of these games.
- Away from home, Juve have won only one of their last four games, back at the Olimpico but against Roma.
- Lazio have recorded six wins and four defeats in their last 10 fixtures; their last draw in the league was back in February (1-1 with Chievo at home).
- If he scores in this game, Alex Del Piero will net his 10th goal against Lazio in Serie A.
- Luca Toni has already attempted 27 headed shots this season - a league-high.
- Lazio are one away from 700 Serie A draws.
Milan v Bologna
- If they beat Bologna and Inter fail to win against Cesena, Milan will secure their 18th Serie A title.
- A draw would be enough for the Rossoneri to win the title with 3 games to go if Inter lose and Napoli don't beat Genoa.
- AC Milan are unbeaten in their last four meetings with Bologna (winning three), and have not conceded goals in the last three.
- At home, however, the Rossoneri have lost two of their last three meetings with Bologna in the league.
- Bologna are on a run of three consecutive defeats in Serie A, all 2-0.
- If AC Milan score three goals, they would make it 200 against Bologna in the top-flight.
- This match sees the team who have conceded the fewest goals in the opening 15 minutes (AC Milan, one) against the team who have conceded the most in the same period (Bologna, 11).
- In the opening 15 minutes AC Milan also hold the record of the most goals scored (seven) while Bologna have netted the fewest (only one).
- AC Milan possess the best attack (60 goals scored alongside Inter) and best defence (only 23 conceded) so far in this campaign.
- AC Milan are the only Serie A side yet to concede a goal from the penalty spot this term; the only penalty they have faced was saved by Abbiati in the reverse fixture with Bologna.
- AC Milan are still unbeaten after taking the lead this season (22 wins and four draws).
Napoli v Genoa
- Prior to their 1-0 win in their last visit to the Marassi, Napoli had not beaten Genoa in six Serie A meetings.
- At home Napoli have failed to win their last three meetings against the Grifoni, and managed to score only one goal in the process.
- Napoli's title hopes have vanished in the last two weeks, with 2-1 defeats against Udinese and Palermo.
- By losing to Udinese, Napoli ended their 12-game unbeaten run at home in Serie A (10 wins and two draws).
- Genoa, on the other hand, have won their last two games, scoring a total of seven goals.
- Away from home, however, Genoa have picked up only one point from their last four games.
- Napoli are, alongside Juventus, the Serie A side to have scored the most headed goals this term (10, five from Edinson Cavani).
- By scoring against his former club Palermo last week, Cavani regained top spot in the top scorers charts, alongside Di Natale (26 goals).
- 20 of Napoli's 54 total goals this season have been scored in the last 15 minutes of play (a Serie A record); in the same period Genoa have shipped only three so far ( a league-low).
Parma v Palermo
- Palermo have won the last two Serie A games against Parma, though the Ducali have had the better in the last two played at the Tardini.
- At home Parma have never lost a Serie A game against the Rosanero (three draws, followed by these two wins).
- After losing their first game under Franco Colomba, Parma have managed two wins against Inter and Udinese.
- Since appointment of Colomba, all three games involving Parma have ended 2-0.
- Prior to their win against Inter, Parma had picked up only two points from their previous five fixtures at home.
- Since the return of Delio Rossi, Palermo are unbeaten in light of two wins and a draw.
- Parma and Palermo are the Serie A sides who have conceded the most goals from the penalty spot (eight each).
- The Sicilians have already conceded 19 goals from set pieces - a league-joint most with Lecce.
- Former Palermo striker Amauri has netted four goals in the last four match-days for Parma.
Sampdoria v Brescia
- The last three meetings between these two sides have all ended 1-0, twice for Brescia, once for Sampdoria.
- Before losing their last two meetings with Brescia at the Marassi, the Blucerchiati had notched up seven consecutive wins against the Rondinelle in the top-flight.
- Last Saturday's 1-0 win at Bari ended Sampdoria's nine-game winless run in Serie A.
- However, at home the Blucerchiati have lost their last five games - their worst home run in Serie A.
- Brescia have won just one of their last 10 Serie A games, and have lost their last two games against Genoa and AC Milan.
- 19 of Brescia's 28 goals this season have been scored in the first half (68%, currently the highest ratio in the league).
- Only bottom of the table Bari (20 goals scored) have scored fewer goals than Sampdoria (27) so far this season.