Serie A Opta Facts - 4-5 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Cesena - Catania
- Catania are unbeaten in their three previous meetings against Cesena in the top-flight (two wins and a draw).
- Their only previous meeting at the Manuzzi was a draw: the Sicilians took the lead through Maxi Lopez before the hosts equalised thanks to Jimenez.
- Catania have won just one game in the last seven match-days - the Sicilian derby against Palermo, losing three times in the process.
- Cesena have also won just one of their last seven games, 3-1 at home against Novara.
- At the Manuzzi, Cesena have alternated a win and a loss over their last five games; should this trend continue, they would beat Catania.
- Away from home, Catania have lost their last two games, against Bologna and Udinese: the Sicilians had just seven shots on target in these games.
- Catania have scored 22 goals in this campaign: 12 by Argentine players, 10 by Italians.
- Last March against Catania, Adrian Mutu scored his last brace for Fiorentina; Mutu has already bagged five goals in Serie A against the Sicilians.
- Since then, Mutu has scored two more braces in this campaign for Cesena, both at home against Genoa and Novara.
- Cesena have scored just eight goals at home so far - a league-low.
Chievo - Parma
- Chievo have won just one of their last eight meetings with Parma, there have been three wins for the Ducali in this period.
- Only six goals in total have been scored in the last six meetings between these two sides in the league.
- Over their last 12 meetings, neither of these two sides have managed to score more than two goals in a game.
- Parma have failed to score in their last five visits to Chievo - three wins for the hosts and two draws in the process.
- Parma have had a player sent off in each of their last four league games against Chievo.
- Parma have won just one of their last nine Serie A games, drawing six; however, under Roberto Donadoni the Ducali are still unbeaten (one win and two draws).
- Parma are winless in their last seven away games, and have scored just three goals in the process.
- In the reverse fixture, Sebastian Giovinco scored one of his three braces in Serie A so far, the first of two bagged so far in this campaign.
- Parma have conceded 25 goals after the break so far - a Serie A-high this season.
- On Thursday against Novara, Sergio Pellissier scored his 100th goal for Chievo between Serie A, Serie B and Coppa Italia.
Fiorentina - Udinese
- The last draw between these two sides in Serie A was in January 2006; since then, Udinese lead by six wins to five, including a win in the reverse fixture at the Friuli.
- Over their last four meetings, the home side have always won this fixture.
- At home, the Viola have won five of their last six meetings with Udinese, scoring an average of 3.3 goals.
- Fiorentina won their last game against Siena; however the Viola are yet to win back-to-back games in this Serie A campaign.
- Udinese have alternated between a home win and an away loss over the last five Serie A match-days, and won their last game at the Friuli against Lecce.
- Away from home, Francesco Guidolin's side have managed to win just one of their last nine games, and have lost their last two against Genoa and Juventus.
- Udinese are the only side against whom Juan Vargas has managed to score more than a single goal in Serie A: the Peruvian has already scored four goals against the Bianconeri.
- Against Udinese, back in May, Alessio Cerci scored one of his two braces in Serie A so far.
- Udinese remain the only side yet to concede a goal in the opening 15 minutes of play this season.
- Udinese also boast the best defence before the break - they have only conceded six goals in the first 45 minutes of their games so far.
Genoa - Lazio
- At home, Genoa have beaten Lazio more times than any other opponent in Serie A (24), and have also scored the most goals (82).
- However, Genoa have taken just two points from their last seven home games against Lazio, including last season's goalless draw.
- In fact, the Grifoni have won just two of their last 15 league meetings with Lazio.
- Genoa's win in the reverse fixture ended a run of seven consecutive games in which Lazio were unbeaten in Serie A against Genoa.
- Genoa have not scored more than two goals against Lazio in Serie A since April 1991 (17 meetings).
- Genoa have not kept a clean sheet in their last seven fixtures, and conceded an average of 3.6 goals over their last five league games.
- Genoa have not shared the points in their last 13 Serie A games (six wins and seven losses), however they have won their last three on home soil.
- Rodrigo Palacio has already scored three goals against Lazio in Serie A, only against Parma (five) has bagged more so far in Italy.
- Against Genoa, Hernanes scored his only Serie A brace to date, back in May.
Juventus - Siena
- These two sides have met 13 times in Serie A: Juventus lead by 11 wins to one.
- Siena's only win came when the Old Lady failed to score (1-0 at the Artemio Franchi in May 2008).
- Last May's 3-3 draw ended a run of five consecutive wins at home for Juventus against the Tuscans in Serie A.
- Juventus remain the only side still unbeaten amongst the top-5 European leagues this season (12 wins and eight draws).
- The Bianconeri also boast the best defence of this competition (only 13 goals conceded this term).
- Juve have scored in each of their last 15 home games (on average 2.1 goals per game).
- Siena have won just one of their last 11 league games, 4-0 against Lazio.
- Away from home Siena are on a run of five consecutive defeats, and are winless in 16 Serie A games (since February 2010).
- Alex Del Piero has already scored 12 goals against Siena - his favourite opponent in Serie A.
- Against the Tuscans, Del Piero has already netted a hat-trick and four braces in the top-flight.
- Siena have lost nine of their 11 games from trailing situations, drawing two; Juve have drawn each of the three games in which they have been behind in this campaign.
Lecce - Bologna
- Lecce have drawn 10 games against Bologna in Serie A, more than against any other side.
- Lecce's win in the reverse fixture ended Bologna's nine-game unbeaten run against the Salentini.
- Only in two of the 23 previous meetings between Lecce and Bologna have one of these two sides managed to score more than two goals.
- Lecce have never scored more than one goal in their 11 previous meetings against Bologna at the Via del Mare.
- Bologna have drawn their last three league games, against Napoli (1-1), Parma (0-0) and Roma (1-1).
- Away from home, the Felsinei are winless in their last five games, despite scoring a goal every time (three draws, two losses).
- Giacomazzi, who scored the winner against Inter in Lecce's only home win of this campaign, has scored two goals in his last six appearances against Bologna in the top-flight, including one in the reverse fixture at the Dall'Ara.
- No other side has lost more games than Lecce (13) so far in this Serie A season.
- Lecce have already lost 13 points from leading situations this term - a league-high.
Milan - Napoli
- Napoli's 3-1 win in the reverse fixture ended AC Milan's unbeaten run against the Partenopei (three wins and three draws).
- On that occasion, AC Milan took the lead thanks to an Aquilani goal, before Cavani scored a hat-trick: that was the only game lost by the Rossoneri after having taken the lead this term.
- Napoli have won just two of their last 17 Serie A meetings with AC Milan, both at the San Paolo.
- In fact, at the San Siro the Rossoneri are unbeaten against Napoli since April 1986, when the Partenopei had the better thanks to a Maradona goal.
- On their last visit to AC Milan, Napoli lost 3-0 and didn't manage a single shot on target.
- On that occasion, K.P.Boateng scored his first goal at the San Siro for AC Milan.
- AC Milan have already lost two games in 2012, including last Wednesday's defeat against Lazio; they lost only three in the whole 2011.
- However, at home Massimiliano Allegri's side have won seven of their last eight games in the league.
- The goal scored by Diego Milito in the derby was the only goal conceded by AC Milan in their last five home games.
- Despite losing to Lazio in their last game, the Rossoneri remain the best attacking side of this competition with 43 goals.
- AC Milan also have the best defensive record at home, with just five goals conceded.
- Napoli have already drawn nine games this season, more than any other side.
Novara - Cagliari
- The only previous meeting in Serie A between these two sides was Cagliari's 2-1 win in the reverse fixture at the Sant'Elia.
- Andrea Caracciolo has already scored six goals in Serie A against Cagliari, with three different teams (Brescia, Palermo and Sampdoria).
- Last Wednesday's win over Roma was the second for Cagliari in their last eight Serie A games.
- Against Roma, Cagliari scored four goals, as many as they had netted in total in their previous seven league games.
- Cagliari have not scored more than a single goal in their last seven games on the road (four in total).
- Novara have the worst defence of this competition (42 goals conceded).
- Novara have conceded the most headed goals so far (10).
- Novara have scored just three goals before half time in this campaign - a league-low.
Palermo - Atalanta
- Atalanta's win in the reverse fixture ended Palermo's seven-game unbeaten run in this fixture, as the Sicilians had won four and drawn three games against the Orobici.
- German Denis scored the winner in the reverse fixture, but will be suspended for this game.
- In the 11 previous meetings at the Barbera, these two sides have shared just one draw (0-0 in April 2008), the hosts lead by eight wins to two.
- Last Sunday's win over Cesena ended Atalanta's three-defeat run in this competition.
- Atalanta's only goal in 2012 so far was courtesy of a Rossi own goal against Cesena.
- Palermo are the Serie A side against whom Matteo Brighi has scored the most goals so far (four, including his only brace in February 2010, when he was at Roma).
- Palermo have already scored 24 goals at the Barbera, only AC Milan have scored as many goals on home soil in this campaign.
- Palermo have scored the most headed goals in Serie A this season (nine).
Roma - Inter
- Against Inter, Roma have scored (195) and conceded (260) more goals than against any other side in their Serie A history.
- Roma have lost 27 games at home against Inter, more than against any other side at the Olimpico.
- In fact, Inter have won 69 games against Roma, more than against any other opponent in Serie A.
- Over the last five seasons, Roma have beaten Inter only twice, three wins to Inter and four draws in this period.
- The reverse fixture ended in a goalless draw despite 30 shots being attempted: 18 for Inter (seven from Sneijder) and 12 for Roma.
- Roma have won their last two games against Inter at the Olimpico, prior to that Inter had notched up three wins in a row at Roma.
- Against Roma, Esteban Cambiasso scored his first goal for Inter in Serie A, in October 2004.
- In April 2010, Giampaolo Pazzini scored a brace for Sampdoria against Roma at the Olimpico that stopped the Giallorossi's challenge for the Scudetto and launched the Blucerchiati to Champions League qualification.
- Amongst players with at least 10 shots, Diego Milito has recorded the best conversion rate this season, 43%, finding the net with 12 of his 28 attempts, including four goals against Palermo on Wednesday.