Serie A Opta Facts - 5-6 May
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atalanta - Lazio
- This will be the 88th meeting between these two sides in Serie A: Atalanta lead by 29 wins to 22, with 36 games drawn.
- In fact, Atalanta have been involved in more draws against Lazio than against any other Serie A opponent.
- However, Atalanta and Lazio have not shared the points in any of their last seven meetings in the league (the Bergamaschi lead by four wins to three).
- Atalanta are unbeaten in their last five home clashes with Lazio (two draws, followed by three wins in a row).
- Tiribocchi has already scored three goals in Serie A against Lazio, against no other side has he bagged more.
- Atalanta have now won back-to-back games at home without conceding a goal.
- Lazio are winless in their last five league games (two home draws and three away defeats).
- Lazio are on a run of five consecutive away defeats, in which they have conceded in total 10 goals, as well as not scoring more than one goal in any of those games.
Bologna - Napoli
- The record between these two sides in Serie A is perfectly even: 36 wins each and 35 draws.
- Bologna have won just one of their last seven games against Napoli; four wins for the Partenopei and two draws complete this record.
- Napoli have scored in each of their last nine Serie A meetings against Bologna.
- In Bologna, this fixture has not ended in a draw in the last 23 years, since a 1-1 result in May 1989; since then, there have been five wins for the hosts and three for the guests.
- Marek Hamsik has scored three goals over his last three appearances against Bologna in the league.
- Also Edinson Cavani has scored three goals against Bologna in Serie A, but in five games.
- Bologna are unbeaten in their last six league games (three wins and three draws).
- Bologna have won their last two home games - it's the first time they've recorded back-to-back wins at their ground this term.
- The Partenopei have scored exactly two goals in each of their last four league games (three wins and a draw).
- However, they have won just one of their last five away games, with two losses and two draws.
Cagliari - Juventus
- Juventus lead by 28 wins to 11 against Cagliari in Serie A, with 24 games drawn.
- The Old Lady have had the better in three of their last four meetings against Cagliari, drawing the other 1-1 in the reverse fixture this season.
- Cagliari have beaten Juve at their ground just once in their last seven meetings, with four wins for the guests.
- Alessandro Matri has already scored six goals in this fixture: four for the Sardinians and two for the Bianconeri.
- Since playing their home games in Trieste, Cagliari have managed two draws and a win; overall they are unbeaten in their last five home games.
- Antonio Conte's side have scored 12 goals in their last four away games without conceding.
- Last Wednesday's 1-1 draw against Lecce ended Juve's eight-win run in Serie A.
- Only Aston Villa in Premier League and Brest in Ligue 1 (16) have drawn more league games than Juventus (15) in Europe this season.
- Against Lecce, Andrea Pirlo registered his 13th assist of the campaign - a Serie A-high this term.
Inter - AC Milan
- This will be the 156th Milan derby in Serie A: Inter lead by 57 wins to 49, with 49 games drawn.
- Only one of the last 22 Milan derbies has ended as a draw: 0-0 in October 2004; none in the last 14 saw these two sides sharing the points.
- AC Milan won the last derby in which Inter featured as the home side; previously the Nerazzurri had recorded five wins in a row when hosting the Rossoneri.
- Eight players have been sent off in the last seven Serie A derbies between AC Milan and Inter, three for Milan and five for Inter.
- Dejan Stankovic has scored more goals against AC Milan in his career than against any other Italian side (six).
- Diego Milito has scored two of the last three goals for Inter against AC Milan.
- After Palermo (nine), AC Milan are the Principe's favourite opposition in Serie A (five goals in this derby).
- Inter have won their last three home games, scoring on average three goals per game.
- AC Milan are unbeaten in their last five games, and have won the last three in a row.
- Fiorentina were the only side able to score more than a single goal against AC Milan over the last 15 Serie A match-days.
- The Rossoneri have recorded six wins and a draw in their last seven games on the road.
- Under new manager Stramaccioni, Inter have kept a clean sheet only once in seven league games.
Lecce - Fiorentina
- Lecce and Fiorentina have met 25 times in the top-flight: the record is perfectly even, with eight wins each and nine draws.
- Only against Udinese (nine wins) have Lecce won more games than they have managed against Fiorentina in Serie A.
- Lecce are unbeaten in their last five meetings against the Viola (three wins and two draws).
- The Tuscans have managed to win in Lecce just once on their 12 previous trips (3-1 in 2005/06).
- Lecce have failed to score in just two games against Fiorentina at home in Serie A.
- David Di Michele has scored in each of his three appearances for Lecce against Fiorentina in the league.
- Lecce have picked up more points away from home (21) than at home (15).
- The Salentini are winless in their last four games (two home losses and two away draws).
- Serse Cosmi's side have lost their last two games at home, against Napoli and Parma, conceding four goals and scoring just one in the process.
- Fiorentina have conceded goals in each of their last eight games on the road.
- The Viola have drawn three of their last five league games, with a win and a loss completing the record.
Novara - Cesena
- The only previous meeting between these two sides is Cesena's 3-1 win in the reverse fixture at the Manuzzi.
- On that occasion, Adrian Mutu scored his last Serie A brace.
- On Wednesday against Udinese, Mutu failed to score with his second penalty out of four taken this season.
- Cesena have scored the fewest goals away from home in this season's Serie A (just nine), while Novara have the second-worst home defensive record (27 goals conceded).
- Novara have won just one of their last eight games (2-1 at home vs Lazio)
- After going unbeaten for six home games in a row (two wins and four draws), Novara lost their last game at the Piola against Juventus.
- Cesena haven't won any of their last 18 league games, losing 11 - currently the longest losing streak in the league this season.
- Cesena are winless away from home in their last 11 matches (three draws, eight losses).
- Novara have conceded the most headed goals (14), Cesena the fewest (three, along with AC Milan).
Palermo - Chievo
- In head to head meetings, Chievo lead by five wins to three against Palermo, with five draws completing the record in Serie A.
- Palermo have beaten Chievo just once in their last six meetings, with four wins for the Gialloblù and one draw.
- However, Chievo have won just once at Palermo's ground, 3-1 in their last visit to the Barbera, back in May 2011.
- Palermo have always scored at home against Chievo in the top-flight (12 goals overall in six games).
- Fabrizio Miccoli has netted three goals in his six previous meetings against Chievo for Palermo in Serie A.
- Palermo have won just one of their last 12 Serie A games, losing six and drawing five.
- Palermo are winless in their last six home games; previously, the Sicilians had won 10 of their first 12 home games in this competition.
- Chievo have not scored in their last five Serie A games; the last time they went five games in a row without scoring was back in 2004/05.
- However, Chievo have conceded just two goals over these last five games, picking up three points.
- Chievo have lost just one of their last six away games, winning two.
Roma - Catania
- This will be the 30th meeting between Roma and Catania in Serie A: the Giallorossi lead by 14 wins to four, with 11 draws.
- Only against AC Milan (12) have the Sicilians shared more draws in Serie A than against Roma.
- Catania have scored 34 goals in Serie A against Roma, more than against any other side.
- Roma are unbeaten at home against Catania in the league (12 wins and two draws), and have always scored at the Olimpico against the Sicilians (47 goals in 14 games).
- Simone Perrotta has already scored four goals in Serie A against Catania, only against Cagliari (six) has he scored more.
- Daniele De Rossi's last Serie A goal came against Catania back in January.
- Roma are winless in their last four games, and drew the last two; against Chievo the Giallorossi were involved in their second 0-0 of this campaign, 33 match-days after the first one.
- Roma have scored in each of their home games in this campaign.
- Catania have won just one of their last eight games, losing four and drawing three.
- Catania have drawn four of their last six games on the road, losing the other two; their last away win came in February (1-0 vs Siena).
Siena - Parma
- Siena have beaten Parma just once so far in Serie A in 13 meetings; seven draws and five wins for the Ducali complete the record.
- However, Siena are unbeaten against Parma at home in their last four meetings (three draws and a win).
- A draw is the most common result between these two sides in Serie A. However they have not shared the points in any of their last four meetings.
- Jonathan Biabiany has scored on his two previous appearances against Siena, both for Parma.
- Erjon Bogdani has scored three goals against Parma, only against Palermo he has bagged more in Serie A (five)
- Siena have won just one of their last four home games, losing two.
- Parma are on a run of five consecutive wins in Serie A - taking into account only the last eight match-days, Roberto Donadoni's side would be second in the table on 19 points.
- Parma have also won their last two away games against Palermo and Lecce, both by a 2-1 scoreline.
- Sebastian Giovinco has been involved in five of Parma's last six goals in the league, scoring two and providing three assists.
Udinese - Genoa
- These two sides have met 35 times in Serie A: Genoa lead in the head-to-head record by 14 wins to 12, with nine draws.
- Udinese and Genoa have shared just one draw in their last 13 meetings in Serie A, 2-2 in 2008/09.
- Udinese have beaten Genoa at the Friuli just once in their last five meetings, with the visitors having the better of things on three occasions.
- Alberto Gilardino has already scored 13 goals in Serie A against Udinese, at least five more than against any other Italian opponent.
- Udinese have won back-to-back games without conceding a goal.
- Udinese have scored eight goals over their last four home games - enough for two wins and a draw.
- Beating Cagliari on Wednesday, Genoa got back to winning ways after 14 match-days without a victory in Serie A.
- Genoa have conceded goals in each of their last 11 away games (32, on average 2.9 per game), with the Grifoni recording just two draws and nine defeats in the process.