Serie A Opta Facts - 5th - 6th March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bologna v Cagliari
- Bologna have picked up only one point from their last five meetings in the league against Cagliari.
- The last four meetings between these two sides have ended with the same scoreline (1-0), with both sides winning twice.
- Bologna have won five of their last nine league games; without their three points deduction, they would be ninth in the table, level on points with Cagliari.
- Bologna have conceded only nine goals at home this term, only Napoli (eight) have done better so far.
- Cagliari have managed six wins over the last six match-days of Serie A.
- The Sardinians have not shared a draw in the last 17 rounds of Serie A (nine wins and eight defeats).
- Cagliari have won three of the seven away games played under Roberto Donadoni, losing the remaining four without scoring.
- Marco Di Vaio has scored more than half (52 out of 102) of Bologna's goals in the 95 league games in which he has played.
Chievo v Parma
- The record of previous Serie A meetings between Chievo and Parma is perfectly even: each side has won five times, with five draws rounding off the record.
- The last two meetings between these two sides in the top-flight finished goalless.
- The last four meetings at the Bentegodi have seen the home side coming out on top on three occasions, with one draw completing the record.
- Over these last four meetings in Verona, Chievo have not conceded a single goal.
- Stefano Pioli's side have won only one of their last six games, and shared the points four times.
- Parma are winless in the last six match-days (three defeats and as many draws).
- Away from home, the Ducali have collected only one point from their last four games, 2-2 at the Olimpico against Roma last Sunday.
- Amauri has already scored three goals in his first five appearances for Parma, including last Sunday's brace against Roma.
- Chievo are the only Serie A side to have won each of the games in which they have taken the lead so far (seven).
Fiorentina v Catania
- Fiorentina have beaten Catania 17 times in 27 Serie A meetings, losing only three times.
- Fiorentina may have gained only one point from their last two meetings against Catania, but the Viola had won the previous nine in a row in Serie A against the Sicilians.
- At home, Fiorentina are unbeaten against Catania in 13 meetings in the top-flight: nine wins (including the last five) and four draws.
- Over the last five meetings at the Franchi between these two sides, the hosts have scored an average of three goals per game.
- Fiorentina have drawn their last two games, and managed to win only one of the last five in the league.
- Catania have won two of their last three games.
- Away from home Catania have picked up only four points so far, and remain the only side still without a win on the road in Serie A this season.
- The next foul conceded by Catania's Maxi Lopez will be his 100th - more than any other Serie A player so far.
Inter v Genoa
- Inter are unbeaten in their last eight meetings with Genoa in Serie A.
- The Nerazzurri have not conceded a goal in the last five of these games.
- The last two meetings at the San Siro between these two sides ended goalless.
- Under Leonardo the Nerazzurri have won 10 games out of 12, losing the other two against Juventus and Udinese.
- At home, Inter have notched up seven consecutive wins, scoring an average of 3.4 goals per game.
- Defeat against Catania ended a run of four unbeaten games for Genoa, their longest run since February 2010.
- Genoa have conceded only nine goals away from home, a league-low.
- The last six games in which Genoa were the away team have produced overall just five goals.
- Inter have scored more goals than any other side in the second half this season (30).
Juventus v AC Milan
- Juventus have managed only one win in their last four meetings against AC Milan, in their last meeting at the San Siro last October (1-2).
- The last three meetings in Turin between these two sides have produced 14 goals.
- Juventus have lost four of their last six league games, including the last two against Lecce and Bologna, both by 2-0.
- Over their last six games at home, Juventus have alternated between a win and a defeat, should this run continue, the Old Lady would win this match.
- Milan are unbeaten in their last 10 Serie A games.
- After losing their first away game of the season against Cesena, AC Milan have been unbeaten in their following 12 Serie A games on the road (eight wins and four draws).
- AC Milan are the Serie A side that have picked up the most points away from home (28).
- Ibrahimovic's goal in the reverse fixture was his first ever goal against Juventus in Serie A.
Lazio v Palermo
- Lazio have won only one of their last four meetings against Palermo in Serie A, in the reverse fixture at the Barbera last October.
- Lazio have scored in each of their 20 previous Serie A meetings at home against Palermo.
- Last Sunday's defeat against Cagliari ended a run of five consecutive games without a loss for Lazio in the league.
- In none of the last six Serie A games involving Lazio have more than two goals been scored.
- Palermo have lost their last three games in this competition; the last time they lost four in a row was in March 2008.
- Last Sunday's 7-0 loss against Udinese was the Rosanero's second-worst defeat in Serie A (after a 9-0 loss against AC Milan in 1959), and their worst on home soil.
- Palermo have the fourth best attack (44 goals scored) and the second-worst defence (43 conceded) of this competition.
- The games featuring Palermo this season have produced on average 3.2 goals per game.
Lecce v Roma
- Lecce's only win against Roma in Serie A coast the Giallorossi the Scudetto in April 1986 (3-2).
- That was also the only occasion when Lecce managed to score more than two goals against Roma in the top-flight.
- Since then, Roma have notched up 17 wins and eight draws against Lecce in Serie A.
- Lecce have suffered only two defeats in the last nine match-days of this campaign.
- Roma have won only one of their last six league games (1-0 v Bologna).
- 63% of the goals conceded by Roma this season (24 out of 38) have come in the last 30 minutes of play.
- Roma have failed to win six of the games in which they have been leading (four draws and two defeats).
- Lecce have dropped 17 points from leading situations - more than any other side in Serie A.
- Lecce have the worst defence of this competition (48 goals conceded).
Napoli v Brescia
- Only in two of their 35 previous Serie A meetings, have Napoli managed to score more two goals against Brescia.
- Napoli have won only one of their last five Serie A meetings against Brescia, 1-0 at the Rigamonti in the reverse fixture.
- At the San Paolo, Napoli have lost only once against Brescia in Serie A, however seven of the last nine meetings there have ended in a draw.
- Brescia have managed only one win in the last seven match-days of this campaign, and have drawn the last two against Udinese and Lecce.
- Away from home the Rondinelle are winless in 11 league games, and have scored only six goals in this period.
- Brescia are the Serie A side that have scored the fewest goals after the break (only six).
Sampdoria v Cesena
- Sampdoria are unbeaten in their last seven meetings with Cesena in the top-flight.
- The Blucerchiati have conceded only one goal over these last seven encounters with Cesena.
- The last three meetings in Serie A between these two sides have all ended with the same scoreline (1-0 for Samp).
- At the Marassi the hosts have lost only once against Cesena: 0-1 in February 1976.
- Since the departure of Antonio Cassano and Giampaolo Pazzini in the January transfer window the Blucerchiati have failed to score in eight of their last nine league games.
- Samp have lost three of their last four games at home.
- By beating Chievo last Sunday, Cesena ended a run of nine consecutive games without a win in Serie A.
- Cesena have won only one game on the road so far this season (2-1 at Brescia).
- Only 35% of Brescia's attempts have been on target so far - the lowest ratio in Serie A.
Udinese v Bari
- Udinese are unbeaten in the last five games they have played at the Friuli against Bari in Serie A.
- In these games, the hosts have averaged 3.2 goals scored per game.
- At Palermo last Sunday, Udinese equalled their biggest win in Serie A (7-0 at home against Napoli in 1958).
- Against Palermo, current Serie A top-scorer Antonio Di Natale netted his third hat-trick in this campaign.
- Before scoring four goals against Palermo, Alexis Sanchez had never netted more than a single goal per game in a Serie A game.
- Udinese are unbeaten in the last 10 match-days, and have not conceded a goal in the last four.
- If the first five fixtures of this campaign were excluded, Udinese would be second in the Serie A table on 46 points.
- Bari have collected only two points from the last nine rounds of Serie A, scoring only three goals in the process.
- Bari have the worst attack of this competition so far (only 15 goals scored).