Serie A Opta Facts | 6 - 8 December
Bologna v Juventus
- Bologna have drawn (47) and lost (64) more games against Juventus than against any other Serie A opponent.
- Bologna have won only one of their last 23 games against Juve in Serie A, losing 14.
- Bologna have beaten Juve only once in their last 24 meetings at the Dall'Ara (3-0 in November 1998).
- Bologna are without a win in the last four match-days (D3, L1).
- The Rossoblu have won only one of their last 12 games at home between this and last season.
- Juve are on a run of six consecutive wins without conceding a goal - this is their best run in Serie A since September 2002.
- The Old Lady has won four of their last five fixtures on the road, losing the other 4-2 vs Fiorentina.
- This game will see the team with the most wins this term (Juve, 12) facing that with the fewest (Bologna, two).
- Fernando Llorente has scored in each of his last three Serie A appearances, this after failing to score in his previous six.
- Bologna's Panagiotis Kone has already scored four goals in this Serie A campaign, only Marek Hamsik has done better amongst midfielders from open play (six goals).
Cagliari v Genoa
- Cagliari and Genoa haven't played out a draw since April 1995 - with five wins for the Sardinians and seven for the Grifoni since then.
- Cagliari have won five of their last seven games at home against Genoa, including the last two.
- Genoa have managed to score more than a single goal at Cagliari's ground only once, back in October 2009.
- Cagliari have taken a win and two draws in the last three rounds - this after losing three Serie A games in a row.
- Although they have conceded goals in each of their home games this season, the Sardinians have lost only once at their ground this term, winning three times.
- Genoa are unbeaten in their last five league games - three wins in a row, followed by two 1-1 draws vs AC Milan and Torino.
- However, Genoa have won only one of their last five away games (D2, L2).
- The next will be Genoa's 500th win in their Serie A history.
- Cagliari have scored the most goals in the last 15 minutes of play (seven), Genoa have conceded the most in the first 15 minutes (five).
- Emanuele Calaiò has already scored six goals against Cagliari in Serie A, at least three more than against any other side.
- Alberto Gilardino has also scored six against the Sardinians, but only once over the last nine appearances against them.
Inter v Parma
- These two sides have met 44 times so far in Serie A: Inter lead by 18 wins to 14.
- The Nerazzurri have had the better in the last seven meetings against Parma at the Meazza in the league, scoring a total of 20 goals.
- Parma have won only once away at Inter Milan in Serie A (3-1 back in May 1999).
- Inter are unbeaten in the last seven match-days, but were held to a draw four times in this period.
- Parma have won only one of their last five games (D2 L2).
- Parma's last five games have seen both games involved scoring at the most one goal.
- Inter (269) and Parma (263) have won the most tackles in this Serie A campaign so far.
- The two players who completed the most dribbles are currently at Inter: Riki Álvarez (54) and Fredy Guarín (48).
- Antonio Cassano scored against Bologna his 100th goal in Serie A, and the 6th in this campaign - this is his most prolific start after 14 match-days.
- Rorigo Palacio has scored seven goals in seven appearances against Parma in the league - the Ducali are his favourite target to date.
Livorno v AC Milan
- Livorno's last win over AC Milan was back in January 2005 - since then, four wins for the Rossoneri and four draws.
- Livorno have scored only one goal over their last four games at home against AC Milan.
- The Tuscans have lost their last three games without scoring a single goal.
- Livorno have won only one of their last 11 games, losing seven in the process.
- Beating Catania, AC Milan have ended their five-game winless run in the league (D2 L3).
- That was also their first away win of the season after three draws and three losses.
- AC Milan have recorded the best possession rate so far in this Serie A (60.6%).
- The next goal that Kaka scores for AC Milan will be his 100th in all competitions for the club - the Brazilian has found the net in three of his laast five league appearances.
- Innocent Emeghara hasn't scored in any of his last 12 Serie A appearances - this is his longest run without a goal so far in Serie A.
- This will be Massimiliano Allegri's 200th game as a Serie A manager and could be his 100th win (currently 99 wins). He could reach these milestones right in his native city, Livorno.
Napoli v Udinese
- Napoli and Udinese have met 62 times in Serie A - the Partenopei leading the head to head record by 21 wins to 15.
- Napoli are unbeaten against Udinese in the last two seasons (W2 D2).
- Udinese haven't shared any draw over the last 11 rounds of Serie A, Napoli haven't drawn in their last nine.
- Napoli have conceded goals in each of their last five league fixtures, while Udinese have failed to score in six of their last nine.
- In losing to Parma, Napoli ended their 16-game unbeaten run at home (W13 D3).
- Udinese have lost eight of the first 14 games of this campaign, this is their worst start in terms of losses in Serie A since 1984/85 (when they finished 12th).
- Udinese have lost six of their seven away games of this season (W1).
- Udinese are the only side yet to score a headed goal in this Serie A campaign.
- Napoli boast three players (José Callejón, Marek Hamsik and Gonzalo Higuaín) on at least five goals this season - a Serie A-record.
- Antonio Di Natale has netted eight goals against Napoli in Serie A (incl. Two hat-tricks), but the last seven arrived all at the Friuli.
Roma v Fiorentina
- This will be the 149th meeting in Serie A between Roma and Fiorentina - they've shared only one draw over their last 11 clashes.
- Roma won both games last season, Fiorentina had won both two seasons ago.
- Roma have had the better in 12 of their last 14 Serie A games against the Viola at the Olimpico.
- The Giallorossi have scored in each of their last 20 meetings against Fiorentina in the league.
- Roma have drawn their last four games, after 10 wins in the first 10 rounds - last time they had drawn four in a row wa sin 1999/2000.
- However, Roma remain one of the only two unbeaten sides amongst the top-5 European leagues (alongside Bayern Munich).
- Rudi Garcia's side have conceded just one goal in seven home games so far this term.
- Fiorentina have taken 15 points from their last seven games, only Juventus (18) have done better.
- 14 of the Viola's last 15 goals saw the direct involvement of at least one between Giuseppe Rossi and Borja Valero.
- Francesco Totti has netted five goals over his last four appearances against Fiorentina in the league.
- Roma have a 100% record with Totti in this campaign (eight wins), while they've won only two out of six games without their captain.
Sampdoria v Catania
- Sampdoria's last win against Catania in Serie A was in August 2009 - since then they have played out three draws and two wins for the Sicilians.
- The last thee meetings at the Ferraris have ended as draws.
- Catania have never scored more than a single goal at Samp's gound in Serie A.
- Sampdoria are winless in their last five games: three losses, followed by two draws under new manager Sinisa Mihajlovic.
- Samp and Catania have picked-up the fewest points over the last five match-days -two for the Blucerchiati and three for the Sicilians respectively.
- Catania have already lost nine games this season - more than any other side in Serie A.
- Catania have never scored more then a single goal over the last eight rounds of this competition.
- Samp have taken the fewest points at home so far (five), while Catania are the only side to have always lost away from home (seven losses).
- 11 of Samp's 15 goals have been scored in the second half - 73%, the highest ration in this competition.
- Catania have used 28 different players so far - more than any other side in this Serie A.
- Catania are one of the only two side yet to score with an Italian player this season in Serie A (the other is Napoli).
Sassuolo v Chievo
- This will be the first ever meeting between Sassuolo and Chievo in Serie A.
- Sassuolo are unbeaten in the last four match-days (W2 D2).
- Sassuolo have kept a clean sheet only once so far at home - in their last game against Atalanta.
- Sassuolo have the worst defence of this Serie A (30 goals conceded), while Chievo have the worst attack away from home (only two goals scored far from the Bentegodi).
- Chievo have kept four consecutive clean sheets in the league - this is their best run since January 2004.
- Chievo have never kept five clean sheets in a row so far in the top-flight.
- Chievo have conceded only one goal from set piece situations - all other sides have shipped at lead two goals from dead balls.
- Sassuolo have conceded 14 goals in the final 30 minutes of play - the worst such record this term in Serie A.
- Domenico Berardi was directly involved in seven of sassuolo's last nine goals (scoring five and making two assists).
Torino v Lazio
- Torino have won only one of their last 10 games against Lazio in Serie A - this coming in their last meeting back in March (1-0).
- Lazio have won three of the last five games played at Torino, condeding only two goals.
- The Granata have conceded goals in each of their last 13 games in the league - currently the worst ongoing run in this competition.
- 10 of the last 12 games involving Torino have seen both sides scoring at least a goal.
- The Granata have won only one of their last 10 Serie A fixtures (D6 L3).
- However, Torino have lost only one of their last nine home games between this and last season (W2 D6).
- Torino have shared the most draws so far in this campaign (seven).
- Lazio are winless in their last five games (D3 L2) - their worst run since Fenruary.
- Lazio are yet to win their first away game this season and have drawn the last three on the road.
- Torino have already hit the woodwork 10 times - the joint-most along with Juventus.
- Hernanes hasn't scored a single goal in his last seven league appearances - only once he failed to score for a longer period (10 games between October and December 2011).
Verona v Atalanta
- Verona and Atalanta have met 30 times in Serie A - the Nerazzurri lead by 13 wins to six.
- However, Verona had the better in the last two games at home against Atalanta in Serie A.
- Verona have failed to score against Atalanta only once in 15 meetings at the Bentegodi (0-3 in March 1986).
- Verona have lost their last three games, as many as they had lost over the first 11 rounds of this campaign.
- Prior to the defeat in the derby against Chievo, Verona had always won at home scoring always at least two goals.
- Atalanta have won only one of their last six league fixtures (D2 L3).
- Atalanta have lost eight of their last nine away games between this and last season.
- Verona have already scored 25 goals this season - this is their most prolific start to a Serie A campaign after 14 match-days.
- Only Genoa (118) have attempted fewer shots than Atalanta (150) so far in this Serie A.
- Massimo Donati has already netted three goals against Atalanta (his former team), that is also his favourite opponent in Serie A.
View our full range of Serie A betting