Serie A Opta Facts - 7 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atalanta - Siena
- This will be the 12th meeting between these two sides in the top-flight: Atalanta lead by four wins to two, with five draws.
- Siena have kept just one clean sheet in their games against Atalanta so far in Serie A; this coming in January 2009.
- Atalanta are the only side who managed to score more than two goals in this fixture, in May 2007.
- Should he score against Siena, German Denis would become the most prolific goal scorer in the history of this fixture. It would be his third goal against the Tuscans, after the brace in the reverse fixture.
- Last Sunday, defeat against Cagliari ended Atalanta's eight-game unbeaten run in the league.
- However, Stefano Colantuono's side are unbeaten in their last five games at home (three wins and two draws).
- Siena have won just one game away from home this season in Serie A, 2-0 vs Cesena.
- By avoiding defeat in Bergamo, Siena would record a three-game unbeaten run on the road for the first time in this campaign.
- Mattia Destro scored his seventh goal of this campaign last Sunday, and is now on target for his 10th goal in the top-flight.
- Siena have attempted just 239 shots so far - a league-low.
Cagliari - Inter
- Cagliari have won just 10 of their previous 65 meetings against Inter in the top-flight, losing on 32 occasions.
- The Nerazzurri have won their last five meetings against Cagliari, and have conceded just two goals in the process.
- Aprile have scored in each of their last 21 league meetings against the Sardinians, a run dating back to April 1996.
- Inter may have won last Sunday against Genoa but they conceded four goals in a game for the first time in this campaign.
- Inter have shared the points just once away from home this season - 1-1 vs Atalanta - six wins and seven losses complete their away record.
- Inter have lost four of their last five away games; winning just once against Chievo (2-0).
- Against his former team last Sunday, Diego Milito scored his third Serie A hat-trick, his second for Inter.
- Milito is the Serie A top scorer in 2012 with 13 goals.
- He has scored three goals in four previous meetings against Cagliari, including a brace in September 2009.
- Last Sunday, Mauro Zarate scored his first goal of the season on his 16th appearance in this campaign.
- Mauricio Pinilla has already scored six goals in the eight games played for Cagliari this season; he had bagged just 10 in his previous 41 games played in the top-flight.
Cesena - Bologna
- This will be the 20th meeting between these two sides in Serie A: the most recurrent result is the draw (accrued eight times), Cesena have won seven times and Bologna four.
- Cesena have won four of their last five meetings against Bologna, losing the other one.
- Bologna have won away at Cesana just once so far, in their last trip to the Manuzzi in December 2010 (2-0).
- After drawing 0-0 in Lecce, Cesena are now on a 12-game winless streak in Serie A.
- Cesena have failed to score in six of their last seven games in Serie A.
- Bologna have lost their last two games against Atalanta and Palermo, the Felsinei have not lost three in a row in 2011/12.
- Bottom side Cesena have the worst attack in Serie A (just 18 goals scored), and have lost the most games (19).
- Cesena have conceded the joint-most goals from corner situations (nine, alongside Lecce).
- Cesena have had 10 players sent off so far - a league-high.
- Cesena have picked up just two points in the six games played without Adrian Mutu, scoring just one goal.
Chievo - Catania
- This will be the 10th meeting between these two sides in Serie A: Chievo lead by four wins to two, with three draws.
- Chievo are unbeaten in their last six meetings against Catania, the Sicilians' last win was back in 2008.
- Catania however, have scored in all of their previous Serie A meetings against Chievo.
- Four of Chievo's last six goals against Catania have been scored by Sergio Pellissier.
- Overall, Pellissier has netted five goals in his career against Catania, three of which have come from the penalty spot. Should he score another goal, the Sicilians would become his favourite opponent, alongside Lazio and Siena.
- 40% of Chievo's goals against Catania in Serie A have been scored from the penalty spot (four of 10).
- By beating Fiorentina last Sunday, Chievo ended a run of four winless games in Serie A for Chievo.
- Domenico Di Carlo's side have won just one of their last five fixtures at home.
- Only Juventus (14) have drawn more games than Catania (13) so far in this campaign.
- Vincenzo Montella's side have shared the points in their last three away games in Serie A.
- Chievo have made the fewest successful passes in this Serie A (8280).
- Catania have already scored 23 goals from set pieces, nine of which have followed a corner - a league-high.
AC Milan - Fiorentina
- AC Milan have won 67 of their 143 meetings against Fiorentina in the top-flight, with the Viola having the better 37 times.
- The draw in the reverse fixture ended a run of seven consecutive wins for AC Milan in this meeting.
- Over the last 10 years, Fiorentina have managed to beat AC Milan in the league just once (3-1 at the Franchi in November 2005).
- Fiorentina's last win at Milan's ground was back in 2001: 2-1, with a brace by Enrico Chiesa and a goal by Shevchenko for the hosts.
- AC Milan's only home defeat in Serie A this season was in the derby against Inter (0-1).
- Fiorentina would be 18th in the Serie A table taking into account only the last 10 match-days of this competition.
- The Viola have won just one game away from home (vs Novara), losing eight times so far; one more than in 2010/11 as a whole (7).
- AC Milan boast the best attack of this competition (60 goals); with 22 of these being netted by current Serie A top-scorer Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
- AC Milan have won nine of the 10 games in which have been leading at home, drawing the other, while the Viola have won just one of the 17 in which have been trailing this term.
Lazio - Napoli
- Napoli lead in the head-to-head by 38 wins to 34 against Lazio in Serie A.
- Lazio have won just one of their last five meetings against Napoli (2-0 in November 2010).
- Over the last 20 years, the Partenopei have won just twice at the Olimpico against Lazio, in 2000/01 (2-1) and 2008/09 (1-0).
- Lazio have won five of their last six games at home, losing the other against Bologna (1-3).
- Edinson Cavani has already scored four goals versus Lazio, including one of his three Serie A hat-tricks.
- Napoli didn't manage a single shot on target in 90 minutes last Sunday at Juventus.
- Tommaso Rocchi has already scored three goals against Napoli and is on target for his 100th goal in the top-flight.
- Lazio have conceded the most goals in the opening 15 minutes of play this season, but the Biancocelesti are also the team who have recouped the most points after falling behind in this Serie A season (16).
- Ezequiel Lavezzi has scored in each of the four games played between matchday 25 and 28, but has made just one shot on target in the following three Serie A appearances, failing to score.
Lecce - Roma
- This will be the 30th meeting between these two sides in Serie A: Lecce have won just once, with Roma having the better on 20 occasions.
- However, Lecce's only win against Roma in April 1986 ended the Scudetto hopes of the Giallorossi: The hosts lost 2-3 at the Olimpico and pushed Juventus towards the title with one game to go.
- Roma have won their last six meetings against Lecce, scoring an average of 2.5 goals per game.
- Only on two occasions have Roma failed to score against Lecce in the league, on both cases they were 0-0 draws.
- Roma have drawn just five times in this campaign - no side have shared the points less often than Luis Enrique's side.
- Lecce are on a run of three draws in a row, the last two by 0-0.
- Francesco Totti has already scored 10 goals against Lecce in the top-flight, including two braces.
- 31 of Roma's 47 goals in this campaign have been scored by new signings: seven different new players have found the net, including Marquinho last Sunday versus Novara.
- Lecce are, alongside Cesena, the Serie A team to have conceded the most goals following a corner situation (nine).
- Roma have touched the ball in the opposition half the most often in Serie A this season (11,209).
Novara - Genoa
- These two sides have shared the points just three times in their 21 previous meetings in the top-flight, the Grifoni lead by 10 wins to eight to date.
- Novara have drawn seven times at home - more than any other side at home soil this term.
- After conceding just four goals in their previous eight fixtures, Novara shipped five in their last game at Roma's ground last Sunday.
- Novara have scored just one goal in their last four home games - enough to beat Udinese 1-0.
- Prior to that, Novara had conceded goals in each of their previous 11 home games if this season.
- Last Sunday, Alberto Gilardino scored his 144th and 145th goals in Serie A and he has now been involved in eight of his sides' last 20 goals (three goals and five assists).
- 10 of Genoa's last 20 goals have seen involved Rodrigo Palacio.
- Last Sunday, Genoa conceded more than three goals in a game for the fourth time this term; the Grifoni have the worst defence of the competition (56 goals conceded).
- However, Sebastien Frey is the Serie A ‘keeper with the most saves this season (113).
- Novara have scored the most goals in the last 15 minutes of play (15, like Napoli), and the fewest in the first half (only five).
- Since returning to Serie A in 2007/08, Juventus have lost more games against Palermo than against any other side (6/9).
- Juventus have drawn the most games on the road this term (nine), Palermo the fewest at home (just one).
- Prior to Juve's 3-0 win in the reverse fixture, Palermo had won four times in a row against the Old Lady in Serie A.
- Overall, the Bianconeri lead by 26 wins to 10 in their head-to-head against Palermo in Serie A.
- By beating Napoli last Sunday, Juve have extended their unbeaten run this season to 30 games: 16 wins and 14 draws.
- These two sides last shared the points in a game back in March 2004 (a run of 12 games since).
- Juventus did not concede a single shot on target against Napoli on Sunday night.
- Juve's defence is the best of this competition (just 17 goals conceded). Last season the Bianconeri conceded five in their two meetings against Palermo.
- Gigi Buffon has kept 16 clean sheets this season, no ‘keeper in the top-European leagues has managed to keep more.
- Last Sunday, Alex Del Piero has assisted Fabio Quagliarella's goal with his first touch in the game; that was his second assist in this campaign.
Udinese - Parma
- These two sides have met 35 times in Serie A: Parma lead by 16 wins to 11.
- Udinese have picked up just two points from their last six Serie A meetings against Parma.
- AC Milan have been the only side able to win at the Friuli this season; however, Udinese are winless in their last four games at home: after losing to the Rossoneri they have drawn three games in a row.
- By beating Lazio last Saturday, Parma ended a run of eight games without a win in Serie A.
- Five of Udinese's last eight goals against Parma in the league were netted by Antonio Di Natale.
- Di Natale has scored seven goals in his 14 previous meetings against Parma, including two braces.
- Di Natale has attempted the most shots in this competition, and he is the only one with more than 100 (111); 56 of his shots were on target.
- Sergio Floccari has scored four goals in his last five Serie A appearances, including last Saturday's brace vs Lazio.
- Parma have used the most players in Serie A this season (32).
- Udinese remain the only side yet to concede a goal in the opening 15 minutes of play this season.