Serie A Opta Facts - 9 - 10 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bari v Catania
- Catania are unbeaten in seven meetings with Bari in the top-flight (five wins and two draws).
- After scoring in their first meeting against Catania in January 1961, Bari have not found the back of the net in their ensuing six meetings with the Sicilians in Serie A.
- The three previous meetings played in Puglia between these two sides have produced only one goal (a 1-0 win for Catania).
- Before scoring two goals at Parma, Bari had not scored more than one in any of their previous 20 league games.
- Bari are winless in their last 12 league games at home.
- Over the last eight Serie A match-days Catania have alternated between an away defeat and a home win.
- The Sicilians have picked up only only four points away from home in this campaign, a league-low.
Bologna v Napoli
- Bologna have won only one of their last five meetings against Napoli in the top-flight, losing three.
- However, Bologna have won five of their last six meetings at the Dall'Ara against the Partenopei in Serie A.
- At home, Alberto Malesani's side are winless in their last three games (two draws and a defeat).
- By beating Lazio last Sunday, Napoli broke their record points haul in a Serie A season, 62 so far this term.
- Napoli are on a run of three consecutive wins, in which they have averaged three goals per game.
- Napoli have suffered only one defeat over their last eight league games, at the San Siro against AC Milan.
- By scoring a hat-trick last Sunday, Edison Cavani became Napoli's most prolific goal scorer in a Serie A campaign (25 goals so far).
- Napoli have scored 10 headed goals this season - a league-high.
- Walter Mazzarri's side have also been the most prolific in the last 15 minutes of play, netting 19 in this period so far this term.
- Marco Di Vaio has scored five of Bologna's last seven goals in the league, Gaston Ramirez the other two.
Cagliari v Brescia
- Cagliari and Brescia have not shared the points in their last 15 Serie A meetings, not since a 0-0 in 1966; since then the Sardinians have won 11 times with four wins for the Rondinelle.
- Cagliari have won six of their last seven meetings with Brescia in the top-flight, scoring two or more goals in each of these wins.
- At home, Cagliari have managed seven wins in their last eight meetings with Brescia.
- Cagliari got back to winning ways last Sunday at the Marassi against Genoa, ending a run of three consecutive games without a win in Serie A.
- Last Saturday against Brescia, Bologna won their first game after a run of six consecutive games without a victory (four draws and two defeats).
- Away from home, Brescia are winless in their last 13 games, and have picked up only four points on this run.
- Only Catania (four) have collected fewer points on the road than Brescia (seven) in this campaign.
- Brescia have lost 16 of the 19 games in which they have fallen behind in, and never won from a trailing situation this term.
- Since Roberto Donadoni's appointment, Cagliari have picked up 31 points: the Sardinians would be 5th in the Serie A table under their new manager.
Fiorentina v AC Milan
- AC Milan are unbeaten in their last 10 games against Fiorentina in the league, and have won the last six.
- The Rossoneri have conceded only one goal in these last six victories against the Viola.
- However, four of these six games have been won by 1-0, and only once have the Rossoneri had the better by more than a one goal margin.
- Since their 7-3 success in October 1992, AC Milan have never scored more than two goals in the league at the Franchi.
- Fiorentina are unbeaten in the last six match-days of Serie A, their longest run since March 2009.
- The Viola are alongside Chievo as the team with the most draws in this campaign (12 so far).
- Sinisa Mihajlovic's side have lost only one of their last 11 home games in the league, 1-2 against Inter.
- By losing 1-0 at the Barbera against Palermo, AC Milan ended their 13-game unbeaten run on the road in this competition.
- After scoring two goals last Saturday in the derby with Inter, Pato's next goal will be his 50th in Serie A.
- The Brazilian striker has found the net in each of his previous four meetings against Fiorentina so far, with three of these games taking place at the Franchi.
- Fiorentina have won 40% of their games played this season with Adrian Mutu (who will be suspended against AC Milan), and only 25% of those without their Romanian striker.
Inter v Chievo
- Chievo's win in the reverse fixture last November ended a run of 12 games in which Inter were unbeaten against the club from Verona in Serie A.
- Chievo have only won once at Inter, on their first visit in December 2001; since then, the hosts have notched up five wins and two draws.
- Inter have scored four goals in each of their last three games at home with Chievo.
- Before losing the derby last Saturday, Inter were unbeaten in their previous six games, and won five of them.
- At home though, the Nerazzurri are on a run of nine consecutive wins at home, and have scored three or more goals in seven of these fixtures.
- Their victory against Bari last time out (2-1) was Chievo's only win in their last nine games on the road.
- Inter have collected the joint-most points at home so far (36, alongside Napoli and Lazio but having played one game less).
- Chievo have ended the first half level in their last five games, four of which have been 0-0.
- Chievo have won each of the games in which have taken the lead in this campaign (eight so far).
Juventus v Genoa
- Juventus are the Italian side that have won the most games (52) and scored the most goals (184) against Genoa in the top-flight.
- The Old Lady have won six of their last eight meetings against Genoa in Serie A, and have scored in each of the last 15 meetings with the Grifoni.
- At home, Juventus are unbeaten in their last seven games with Genoa, and have won six of these.
- The Bianconeri are unbeaten in the last three match-days of Serie A (two wins and a draw).
- Prior to this positive run, Juve had lost three games in a row without scoring a single goal.
- At home, Gigi Del Neri's side have not shared the points in the last eight games (four wins and as many defeats).
- Genoa have managed only one win from their last five league games (1-0 with Palermo), and only one from their last eight on the road.
- Milos Krasic has scored in his last two Serie A fixtures, taking his total goal tally this season to six (all right-footed).
- Gigi Del Neri has won only one of his five previous meetings against Davide Ballardini in Serie A.
Lazio v Parma
- Parma have managed only one win in their last 10 meetings with Lazio in Serie A, this win came on their last trip to Lazio in September 2009.
- Over the last six match-days of this competition, Lazio have alternated a home win and an away defeat.
- At home, Lazio are unbeaten in their last six games in the league, and have won five without conceding a single goal.
- Parma have managed only one win from their last 10 fixtures in the league, losing five times.
- Due to this poor run, manager Pasquale Marino has been replaced by Franco Colomba after winning only 23% of the league games while he was in charge of Parma.
- Parma may have won their last game on the road (1-0 at Sampdoria), but they had failed to win the previous five away from home (two draws and three defeats).
- Five different Lazio players have scored at least five goals in this campaign - no other side boasts as many players with as many goals in Serie A this season.
- Hernan Crespo has already netted eight goals against his former team, Lazio, in the top-flight.
Palermo v Cesena
- Palermo's 2-1 win in the reverse fixture is the only previous meeting between these two sides in Serie A.
- Last Sunday's 4-0 defeat in the derby with Catania cost the job of Palermo manager, Serse Cosmi.
- Under Cosmi, the Rosanero played only four games, losing three without scoring and winning one 1-0 against AC Milan.
- Overall, 18 different managers have been appointed at Palermo in nine seasons under Maurizio Zamparini.
- Palermo have lost six of their last seven Serie A fixtures, scoring only one goal in the last six.
- Cesena have suffered only one defeat in the last six rounds of this competition; however away from home they have won only one of the last seven.
- Palermo have conceded 50 goals so far, only Lecce (52) have shipped more.
- Should Palermo win this game, it would be Cesena's 100th defeat in Serie A.
- Only 15 of Palermo's players have been booked (the fewest amongst Serie A sides this season); however Palermo's defender Cesare Bovo is the player who has picked up the most yellow cards in this competition (12).
- Erjon Bogdani has already scored four goals against Palermo, more than against any other side in Serie A; against the Sicilians at the Barbera, Bogdani scored his only Serie A hat-trick so far (in January 2006).
Sampdoria v Lecce
- Sampdoria have had the better in their last three Serie A meetings against Lecce, scoring three goals in each of these games.
- The Blucerchiati have lost only one of their last 14 games against Lecce in the top-flight, winning six of the last seven.
- Samp have scored in each of their last 10 games played at the Marassi against Lecce in Serie A.
- Last Sunday against Chievo Sampdoria managed their first point under new manager Alberto Cavasin, after losing the first two games both by 1-0.
- Only two goals have been scored in the three games played by Sampdoria since Cavasin's appointment.
- Sampdoria are on a run of four consecutive defeats at home in the league.
- After failing to win four consecutive league games, Lecce got back to winning ways last Sunday by beating Udinese.
- Sampdoria have failed to score in 18 games in this campaign, more than any other side so far.
- 20-year-old Andrea Bartolacci has already scored three goals in seven Serie A starts this season, inlcuding last Sunday's brace against Udinese.
Udinese v Roma
- Roma have won their last two games against Udinese in Serie A by a two-goal margin.
- At the Friuli though, the hosts have won the last two games against the Giallorossi in the league.
- Only Juventus (152) have scored more goals than Roma (133) against Udinese in Serie A.
- Last Sunday at Lecce, Udinese ended their 13-game unbeaten run in this competition.
- Udinese also conceded their first goal after seven games without conceding in the league.
- At home Udinese remain unbeaten in 13 Serie A games, and have not conceded goals in their last four at home.
- Last Sunday Roma lost their first game under Vincenzo Montella, after winning three and drawing two.
- Mauricio Isla (Udinese) will play his 100th Serie A game next Sunday.
- Antonio Di Natale has scored more goals against Roma than against any other Italian side so far (nine).
- Francesco Totti has already netted 10 against Udinese in his career in the league.
- Last season after 31 games, Udinese were fourth from bottom on 32 points, 24 fewer than this season.