Serie A Opta Facts - December 2-4
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bologna v Siena
- The record in Serie A between these two sides is perfectly even: two wins each and four draws.
- Siena have won two of the last three meetings, while Bologna won the other.
- Bologna's two wins against Siena have both arrived at home, a win for the guests and a draw complete the record at the Dall'Ara.
- Both sides have always scored in their four previous meetings at the Dall'Ara.
- Bologna have picked up just a point from their last three league games (1-1 vs Cagliari).
- On that occasion Marco Di Vaio scored his first goal from open play following a run of 18 league games without a goal in this way.
- Siena have also taken only one point from their last three games, as result of a home draw vs Atalanta.
- Bologna have won just one of their last 12 home games in the league, while Siena are yet to win their first game on the road.
- Emanuele Calaiò has scored a goal in each of his last two games against Bologna at the Dall'Ara.
Catania v Cagliari
- Catania lead by seven wins to five against Cagliari in Serie A, with four draws completing the record.
- The record in Catania sees the Sicilian side leading by six wins (including the last four meetings) to one.
- Last season in this fixture in Cagliari, Nenê scored his first and so far only hat-trick in Serie A.
- After losing vs AC Milan and Chievo, Catania got back to winning ways in Lecce last Saturday.
- Losing to Chievo, Catania ended their run of seven consecutive home games without a defeat in the league.
- Cagliari are currently winless in seven games (four draws and three defeats).
- Against Bologna (1-1) Cagliari got their first point after three consecutive defeats in Serie A.
- Current Cagliari manage, Davide Ballardini has managed just one point from his previous six meetings against Catania; amongst his five defeats against the Sicilians are two derbies he lost when in charge of Palermo, including a 0-4 defeat at the Barbera in 2008/09.
Chievo v Atalanta
- Chievo and Atalanta have met 12 times in Serie A: Chievo lead by six wins to three, with three draws.
- Over the last four meetings, the score has alternated between a Chievo win in Bergamo and a draw in Verona.
- At home Chievo are still unbeaten against Atalanta: three wins in their first three meetings, followed by three draws.
- Chievo have scored at least once in all six home games against Atalanta in Serie A.
- Sergio Pellissier has scored exactly one goal in each of the last three meetings between these two sides in Serie A; overall he has netted four goals against Atalanta in the top-flight.
- Chievo have not shared the points in their last six Serie A fixtures (four defeats and two wins).
- Chievo have failed to score in five of their last eight Serie A games.
- However, at home Chievo have lost just one game so far in this campaign, winning three times.
- Atalanta have suffered just one defeat over the last seven match-days of this Serie A season, winning two and sharing the points four times.
- Away from home, Atalanta have found the net in every league game this season.
Inter v Udinese
- Only once in their last seven league games have Inter managed to score more than a single goal (2-1 vs Cagliari).
- Inter have suffered just one defeat over the last five match-days, 2-1 vs Juventus.
- Inter have won just two of their five home games this season in the league.
- Udinese have collected just two points from their last seven visits to the Nerazzurri in Serie A.
- Udinese's last win at Inter's ground was back in February 2004 (2-1).
- However, Udinese have failed to score at the San Siro against Inter just once in the last 11 games.
- Udinese boast the best defence of this competition (only six goals conceded).
- Antonio Di Natale has always been on the scoresheet when Udinese have scored a goal this season: overall he has already bagged nine goals in this campaign.
- The last time Inter failed to score at home against Udinese was back in 1957 (0-1).
- Udinese have kept 10 clean sheets in their last 14 Serie A games.
- However, the Friulani have scored just once in their last five games on the road (at the San Siro against AC Milan).
Fiorentina v Roma
- Delio Rossi, who is looking for his first win in charge of Fiorentina, has lost half of his 18 previous meetings against Roma in the league.
- However, he won three derbies against the Giallorossi while he was in charge at Lazio.
- Roma have made at least three changes ahead of every match-day this season.
- Daniele De Rossi is the only Roma player to have started each of the first 12 match-days this campaign.
- Fiorentina have managed just one win in their last 16 Serie A meetings against Roma.
- Five of the last eight meetings between these two sides at the Franchi have ended as draws, with the hosts winning once and the guests twice.
- This season, only Udinese (eight) have taken more clean sheets than the Viola (six, four of which at home).
- Fiorentina have failed to score in three consecutive games; only Lecce and Cesena have scored fewer goals than the Viola so far this term.
- Neither side have been awarded a penalty so far in this campaign.
- The 0-0 in March 2007 was the only occasion that Roma have failed to score over their last 10 visits at Fiorentina's ground.
- Roma have failed to score just twice in their last 20 league games on the road between this and last season.
- Roma have conceded two goals in five of their last eight away games in Serie A.
Genoa v AC Milan
- AC Milan have already scored seven goals from corners and 11 overall from set pieces - a Serie A-high.
- Genoa are unbeaten at home in their last nine Serie A games (seven wins and two draws): their last defeat was back in April against Cagliari.
- However, Genoa have won just two of their last eight league fixtures.
- Genoa have beaten AC Milan just twice in their last 20 Serie A meetings, both at the Marassi.
- Despite this, the Rossoneri have won just one in their last 11 visits to Genoa, in August 2007.
- AC Milan have kept three consecutive clean sheets in their last three league games.
- In their last seven games, the Rossoneri have scored a total of 22 goals: they have scored three or more goals in all but the goalless draw in Florence.
- Alberto Malesani's sides have never shared a draw against AC Milan (six wins for his sides and nine defeats).
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored six goals in his last five Serie A appearances
Juventus v Cesena
- Cesena remain the only Serie A side yet to score a header this season.
- After coming back from two goals down against Napoli to draw 3-3 at the San Paolo, Juventus remain the only unbeaten side of this competition (seven wins and five draws).
- Cesena have taken six points from their last two Serie A games, after having collected only three in the previous 10.
- Three of Cesena's six goals in this campaign have been scored by Adrian Mutu.
- Cesena have won just two of their last 22 meetings against Juventus in the top-flight.
- In Turin, Cesena have had the better only once against the Old Lady, back in 1987/88: they were awarded a 2-0 win after the game was abandoned.
- Against Napoli, Simone Pepe managed to score for the third consecutive Serie A games for the first time in his career.
- Alessandro Matri has been directly involved in nine of Juve's 22 goals, scoring six and making three assists.
Lazio v Novara
- Lazio have hit the woodwork the most times in this Serie A campaign (seven).
- Novara are the only Serie A side yet to keep a clean sheet this season.
- Novara also have the worst defence of this competition (21 goals conceded in 12 games).
- Lazio have not conceded more than a single goal over their last 10 Serie A games, and shipped just one in the last four.
- However, the Biancocelesti have also scored just once in the last three league games.
- Lazio have won just two of their last six home games.
- Novara have won at Lazio's ground just once in Serie A, back in February 1953; eight defeats and three draws complete the record.
- Novara have taken just two points from their six away games this season.
- Lazio's six home league games this season have seen a total of just 10 goals netted.
- Marco Rigoni has been involved in eight of Novara's 14 total goals so far, scoring five and making three assists.
Napoli v Lecce
- Napoli have won just two of their last eight Serie A meetings against Lecce.
- However, the Partenopei have always scored at home against Lecce in Serie A.
- Napoli are on a run of three consecutive draws, and are winless in their last four Serie A fixtures.
- At home, Napoli have lost just one of their last eight league games, 1-2 vs Parma; three wins and four draws complete the record.
- Lecce have scored just nine goals so far this term, only Cesena (six) have scored fewer in Serie A.
- Lecce also have the worst goal difference (-10).
- Seven of Lecce's eight points have been taken away from home this campaign.
- Marek Hamsik has missed three of his last four penalties in Serie A, including two this season.
- Walter Mazzarri's has lost just one of the eight meetings his sides have played against Lecce in Serie A.
Parma - Palermo
- Parma are the only side yet to share a draw in this Serie A campaign.
- Palermo are the only side to have won all of the games in which they have taken the lead this season (six games).
- Sebastian Giovinco has been involved in nine of Parma's 15 total goals, scoring seven and making two assists.
- Since the start of 2011 Parma have scored more than two goals just three times in the league; one of these games was against Palermo, back in May (a 3-1 win).
- Parma have never lost at home against Palermo in Serie A (three draws followed by three wins).
- Palermo are the only Serie A side yet to score a goal away from home this season.
- The Sicilians have conceded 31 goals in their last 16 games on the road, keeping only one clean sheet in the process (at the Olimpico vs Lazio back in September).
- Parma have conceded the most goals after the break in this competition (17).
- They have also conceded the most goals from open play (19 out of their total 20).
- Parma have already taken four penalties - a league-high.