Serie A OPTA Facts - Week 34
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atalanta - Chievo
- Chievo lead by six wins to three against Atalanta in their Serie A head to head, with four draws completing the record.
- Of current Serie A sides Chievo, have beaten Atalanta more often than any other team in the top-flight. Overall, only against Livorno have they picked-up more wins so far (seven).
- These two sides have never shared the points in Bergamo (three wins each).
- On five of these six meetings in Bergamo, the losing side hasn't managed to score.
- In each of the last three meetings between these two sides, there has been a red card.
- Only Juventus, AC Milan and Napoli have suffered fewer losses than Atalanta (nine) in this Serie A campaign.
- However, three of these defeats have come in their last four fixtures.
- Chievo have won just two of their last eight fixtures, with four draws and two wins completing the record.
- Chievo have lost just one of their last seven games on the road (against Napoli), winning three.
- Sergio Pellissier has scored in three of his last four games against Atalanta in the top-flight.
Cagliari - Catania
- Should Cagliari win this game, their record against Catania in Serie A would be perfectly even: the Sicilian side currently lead by seven wins to six.
- These two sides have shared the points four times in the top-flight, but only once in their last eight meetings.
- Catania have won only once in their previous eight trips to Sardinia, four wins for the hosts and three draws complete the record.
- Cagliari striker Nenè scored his first, and so far only, hat-trick in Serie A against Catania, in December 2010.
- Cagliari have lost just one of their last eight home fixtures (1-2 against Lecce), winning five times.
- Catania have won just two games away from home this term, however only Juventus (nine) have drawn more away games than the Sicilians (eight).
- Catania have scored 54.5% of their goals from set-pieces, the highest percentage in Serie A this season.
Cesena - Juventus
- Cesena have beaten Juventus only twice in their 23 previous meetings in the top-flight, the Old Lady have had the better on 11 occasions.
- The last time Cesena beat Juve was 24 years ago (2-0 in Turin in November 1987): the Old Lady have gone unbeaten for 10 games since then against Cesena.
- Cesena have won just one of their 11 home meetings against Juve, the guests have had the better on four occasions.
- Their last three meetings in the league have all ended as draws.
- Chilean Luis Jimenez has netted two of Cesena's last three goals against Juventus in the league.
- Juve have failed to score against Cesena only twice in Serie A.
- This season, Cesena have won the fewest home games in Serie A (just two).
- Cesena have scored the fewest goals (21), whilst Juventus boast the best defence of this Serie A season (18 goals conceded).
Lecce - Napoli
- This will be the 20th meeting between these two sides: Napoli lead by eight wins to four.
- Napoli have won just one of their nine previous meetings against Lecce at the Via del Mare.
- Napoli have scored in each of their last eight league meetings against Lecce.
- Edinson Cavani has already scored two braces against Lecce, for two different sides: one for Palermo in March 2009 and one for Napoli back in December.
- Against Lecce, back in May 2011, Cavani picked up his first red card in his Serie A career.
- Lecce are unbeaten in their last eight home fixtures in the league (three wins and five draws).
- Lecce have collected more points away from home (20) than at home (15) in this Serie A campaign.
- Lecce have conceded 24 goals at home, more than any side at their ground.
- Beating Novara last Saturday, Napoli got back to winning ways after five match-days in which they had picked up just two points.
- Daniele Corvia has scored in each of his last two appearances for Lecce against Napoli; he hasn't scored more than two goals against any Serie A opponent so far.
AC Milan - Genoa
- These two sides have met 87 times in Serie A: the Rossoneri lead by 41 wins to 15.
- Genoa have won just two of their last 21 games against AC Milan in the league.
- The Grifoni have won just four times in their history at AC Milan's ground, losing on 27 occasions.
- Genoa have scored just 10 goals over their last 20 visits to AC Milan, picking up just five points in the process.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored three goals in his last four league meetings with Genoa.
- Giuseppe Sculli has already scored five goals against AC Milan, the Rossoneri are his favourite target in Serie A, alongside Bologna.
- This fixture will see Serie A's best attack (AC Milan, 63 goals scored) meet its worst defence (Genoa, 62 conceded).
- This will also be a challenge between the Serie A current top-scorer (Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 24 goals) and the 'keeper who has made the most saves so far (Sebastian Frey, 123 saves).
Novara - Lazio
- Lazio lead by 11 wins to six in the head-to-head against Novara in Serie A.
- These two sides have shared the points just once in their last eight Serie A meetings, back in 1955 (1-1).
- Lazio have managed to win at Novara's ground only twice in 12 previous meetings, with the hosts having the better on the last three occasions.
- Novara have won just three games on home soil this term, only Cesena have a worse home record.
- Novara have lost their last two games, and are winless in the last five.
- Novara have drawn four of their last five home fixtures in this competition.
- Last Sunday against Lecce, Lazio drew their first game of 2012 (1-1), following eight wins and as many losses.
- After keeping a clean sheet for four consecutive home games, Novara conceded in their last game at their own ground (1-1 v Genoa).
- The last Lazio striker to score a goal was Miroslav Klose on February 26 - since then the Biancocelesti have scored 10 times.
Palermo - Parma
- Parma lead by four wins to three against Palermo in Serie A, with six draws (including the 0-0 of the reverse fixture) completing the form.
- Parma have failed to score against Palermo just twice over their 13 previous meetings in Serie A.
- Parma have won just once in Palermo: 4-3 in 2006/07.
- Parma's last eight goals against Palermo have been scored in the second half.
- Palermo have taken just one point from their last four home fixtures; previously the Rosanero had notched-up four wins in a row at the Barbera.
- The Ducali have won three of their last four league games, without conceding in the last two.
- Parma have won just two games on the road this season, only Palermo have a worse away record in this Serie A campaign.
- Last December's 0-0 draw in the reverse fixture saw only 577 passes: the Serie A game with the fewest passes in this campaign.
- Fabrizio Miccoli has been involved in 52% of Palermo's 46 total goals (scoring 12 and making as many assists); Sebastian Giovinco has been involved in 43% of Parma's goals (12 goals and seven assists).
- Against Palermo Giovinco scored his first Serie A goal, in September 2007 for Empoli.
Roma - Fiorentina
- Fiorentina lead by 45 wins to 43 against Roma in Serie A, with 57 draws so far.
- Both sides have drawn against each other more than against any other Serie A opponent.
- At the Olimpico, Roma have won 32 out of 72 previous meetings, with the guests having the better only 13 times.
- Roma have won their last five home meetings against the Viola, and are unbeaten in this fixture in the last 16 meetings at the Olimpico.
- Roma lost 3-0 in the reverse fixture in Florence, ending the game with three players sent off.
- Fabio Simplicio has already scored five goals against Fiorentina (for three different sides) - more than against any other Serie A opponent.
- By beating AC Milan at the San Siro, Fiorentina ended a six-game run without a win away from home.
- The Viola have the second-worst attack away from home in this campaign (only 10 goals scored).
- Roma have drawn just five games so far, fewer than any other side in this competition.
- 71% of Roma's goals this season have come from new signings (37 out of 52).
Siena - Bologna
- This will be the 10th meeting between these two sides: Bologna lead by three wins to two, with four draws rounding off the record.
- These two sides have not shared a draw in their last four meetings; previously, they had drawn three in a row.
- The first three meetings between these sides in Siena ended as draws, while the Tuscans had the better in the last meeting at home (1-0).
- Novara were the only side able to score more than one goal in Siena's last nine home games in Serie A.
- Bologna have won four away games this season, as many as they had won on the road in the 2010/11 campaign.
- Last Sunday against Genoa, Siena scored four goals for the fourth time in this campaign: previously the Tuscans had never scored four goals in a game more than twice in the same season.
- Against Genoa, Franco Brienza scored his 3rd Serie A brace, and his 3rd and 4th goals of this campaign.
- Brienza has also made four assists - all his goals and assists of the season came in 2012.
- Bologna have scored just three goals in their last five games, enough to manage a win and two draws.
Udinese - Inter
- Inter have won 36 of their 77 previous meetings against Udinese in Serie A, the Friulani have had the better on 17 occasions, with 24 draws rounding off the record.
- However, Udinese have won their last two meetings against Inter, after failing to win for 13 games in a row against the Nerazzurri in Serie A.
- AC Milan have been the only side able to win at Udinese's ground so far this term.
- Udinese have won just one of their last eight league games, losing three.
- Antonio Di Natale has already scored four times against Inter in Serie A, three of which have come for Udinese.
- Giampaolo Pazzini has also netted four goals against Udinese, but never for Inter.
- Should Inter win this game, Udinese would become the Italian side against which Diego Milito has won the most games in his career (five).
- Milito has recorded a conversion ratio of 40% this term, better than that recorded in 2009/10 under Josè Mourinho (31%), when the Nerazzurri won the league and the Champions League.
- Both Milito and Di Natale have reached the 20-goal tally for the third time in their Serie A careers.
- Inter have faced 10 penalties this season - a league-high; four of these have not been scored by their opponents, including that against Fiorentina on Sunday.