Serie A OPTA Facts - Week 36
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Catania - Bologna
- Bologna lead by 12 wins to four against Catania in Serie A, with seven draws.
- The Felsinei are unbeaten in their last four meetings against Catania, and have never conceded more than a goal in their last 11 league games against the Sicilians.
- However, this fixture has ended as a draw six times in Sicily with three wins for the hosts and only two for the visitors.
- Catania have failed to score at home against Bologna only once in the top-flight (0-0 back in April 1971).
- Catania have had a player sent off on the last two occasions they have met Bologna in Serie A.
- Catania have won just one of their last seven league fixtures, losing three times. However, at home, Vincenzo Montella's side have lost just one of the last 10, winning six times.
- Bologna are unbeaten in the last five matchdays (two home wins and three away draws).
- Marco Di Vaio has scored in five of his seven games against Catania for Bologna in Serie A.
- Alessandro Diamanti was directly involved in five of Bologna's last eight goals (two goals and three assists).
- Nicola Legrottaglie is the most prolific defender in Serie A this season: scoring five goals, including one in the derby against Palermo on Saturday.
Cesena - Udinese
- After beating Udinese in their first three Serie A meetings between 1981 and 1982, Cesena have failed to beat the Friulani on each of the following six occasions, losing six and drawing one.
- Udinese have won their last four games against Cesena, scoring nine goals and conceding only one.
- Antonio Di Natale has netted four goals over his last two appearances against Cesena.
- Cesena are winless in their last 17 league games - currently the longest run of this campaign.
- However, they have shared the points in four of their last six home fixtures, losing the other two.
- Udinese got back to winning ways on Sunday night against Lazio, after picking up just one point in their previous three games.
- Francesco Guidolin's side have taken just two of the last 15 points available away from home, scoring two goals in the process.
- Cesena have conceded (three) and scored (one) the fewest headed goals in this competition.
- Udinese have recouped the fewest points from losing positions this season (only two).
- Antonio Di Natale has been caught offside more times than any other player in this campaign (83 times).
Chievo - Roma
- This will be the 20th Serie A meeting between these two sides - Roma lead by 10 wins to one, with eight draws.
- Chievo's only win at the Olimpico came in January 2003.
- Roma have had the better in four of their last five meetings, drawing the other.
- Roma have kept a clean sheet six times in their last seven league meetings against Chievo, the only exception being their last clash at the Bentegodi (2-2).
- Roma have failed to score just once in their last 11 Serie A meetings against Chievo.
- Daniele De Rossi has already scored four goals against Chievo - his favourite opposition in Serie A.
- Chievo have not scored in their last four games, in which they have alternated between a draw and a defeat.
- At home, Chievo have won just two of their last eight fixtures, losing four times in the process.
- Roma have picked up just one point from their last three Serie A game, in their 2-2 draw against Napoli last Saturday.
- Luis Enrique's side have lost their last three games on the road, and have conceded four in two of them, against Lecce and Juventus.
Fiorentina - Novara
- Fiorentina have won 11 of their 23 previous meetings against Novara in Serie A, losing seven times.
- Their only recent meeting is the reverse fixture, won by the Viola 3-0 courtesy of a Jovetic's brace and a goal from Montolivo.
- That was one of the four braces scored so far by Jovetic in the top-flight.
- Fiorentina have never lost at home against Novara in the league (8W 3D).
- The Viola have failed to score in three of their last four games, however it was enough to earn them five points.
- Delio Rossi's side are winless in their last four games at the Franchi, with two defeats followed by two draws.
- Novara have won just one of their last seven games, losing four times in the process.
- Away from home, the Piemontesi have lost their last three games in a row, conceding on average three goals per game.
- Novara remain the only side in Serie A yet to score in the opening 15 minutes of play this season.
- However, Novara have been the most prolific side in the closing 15 minutes of play (along with Genoa), with 16 goals scored.
Genoa - Cagliari
- These two sides have not shared the points in their last nine Serie A meetings: five wins for Genoa, four for the Sardinians.
- Cagliari have won the last two meetings without conceding a single goal.
- At the Marassi, last April's 1-0 win was Cagliari's first in six visits to Genoa in the league.
- Genoa are winless in the last 14 Seria A match-days (eight losses and six draws).
- However, the Grifoni have suffered just two defeats in their last 10 home games, winning four times.
- Cagliari have failed to score in three of their last four games, however they haven't conceded in the last two fixtures either.
- The Sardinians are on a run of five consecutive away defeats, and have conceded on average 2.8 goals per game (14 in total).
- Genoa have the worst defence in Serie A (66 goals conceded); they have also conceded the most second-half goals (37).
Juventus - Lecce
- Juventus have won seven of their last nine games against Lecce in Serie A, losing once in the process.
- Lecce have won just once in Turin against Juve in 14 meetings, 4-3 in April 2004, losing on 10 occasions.
- Juventus have scored at least two goals in each of the last six games played at home against Lecce (on average 3.3 per game).
- Juventus became the first team to remain unbeaten after 35 match-days in Serie A since the introduction of the 20-team league.
- Antonio Conte's side are on a run of eight consecutive wins, and have scored 23 goals in the process.
- The Old Lady have also conceded just one goal in the last nine match-days.
- Juve's last home loss was against AC Milan in March 2011 - they have gone on unbeaten for 22 games since then in Turin.
- Lecce have taken just one point from their last three games, however they have lost just once in their last six away games (at the San Siro vs AC Milan).
- Alessandro Matri has already scored four goals in five games against Lecce, only against Napoli he has bagged more so far in Serie A (five).
- Andrea Pirlo has delivered 12 assists this season - a joint-high with Palermo's Fabrizio Miccoli.
- Gigi Buffon has kept 20 clean sheets this term - a record amongst the top five European leagues.
Lazio - Siena
- The record between these two sides in Serie A is perfectly even: five wins each and also five draws.
- At home, Lazio are unbeaten against the Tuscans (four wins and three draws).
- Lazio have taken just one point from their last four Serie A games.
- The Biancocelesti have lost just one of their last 11 home games (1-3 vs Bologna), winning seven times.
- Siena have scored in each of their last seven league games, however they have won just one of the last four.
- Siena have won three of their last five games on the road, drawing one and losing another.
- In the reverse fixture, Mattia Destro scored one of his two Serie A braces to date.
- Lazio's last striker to score a goal in Serie A was Miroslav Klose, back in Fenruary against Fiorentina.
AC Milan - Atalanta
- These two sides have met 101 times in Serie A: the Rossoneri lead by 46 wins to 18.
- Atalanta have shared the points 37 times against AC Milan, more than against any other Serie A oppontent.
- AC Milan are unbeaten in their last five meetings against Atalanta (four wins and a draw).
- At the San Siro, AC Milan have lost just one of their last 14 games against Atalanta, winning nine times.
- Massimiliano Allegri's side have scored in each of their last 13 league fixtures.
- Atalanta have won three of their last four games, losing the other.
- However, the Nerazzurri have not scored in five of their last six games on the road.
- Antonio Cassano has averaged 0.69 assists per game this season, with only Real Madrid's Di Maria has recording a higher rate amongst the top five European leagues (0.71).
- Including last Sunday's brace against Siena, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has set a new personal record for goals scored in a single Serie A campaign: 26, one more than his haul in 2008/09 for Inter.
- Antonio Nocerino is the first Serie A midfielder to reach double figure for goals scored in this Serie A campaign: his strike against Siena on Sunday was his 10th goal.
Napoli - Palermo
- This will be the 38th meeting between these two sides: Napoli lead by 37 wins to eight.
- Napoli and Palermo have shared just one draw over their last nine league meetings, the remaining eight have seen four wins each.
- Napoli have failed to score just once in their last 10 meetings against Palermo (0-0 in January 2010).
- Palermo have won just once at the San Paolo in Serie A, 2-1 in 1951/52.
- Palermo have scored in just four of their previous 18 visits to Napoli in Serie A, and more than a single goal just once.
- Marek Hamsik has already scored five goals against Palermo, his joint-favourite target in Serie A alongside Juventus.
- Four of these goals came in four consecutive appearances against the Rosanero.
- Palermo have managed just one win in their last 11 games, five draws and as many losses complete the record.
- Bortolo Mutti's side are unbeaten in their last four away games (one win, three draws).
- Napoli have scored 14 goals over their last six games (on average 2.3 per game), losing just once and winning four times in this period.
Parma - Inter
- Parma have beaten Inter only once in their last nine league meetings, losing on seven occasions.
- Inter have never scored more than two goals in their previous 20 visits at the Tardini in the top-flight.
- Parma are on a run of four consecutive wins: at home vs Novara and Cagliari, away to Palermo and Lecce.
- Parma have won their last three home games, scoring always two or more goals.
- Inter are unbeaten in the league under Andrea Stramaccioni (four wins and two draws).
- Since the appointment of their new manager, the Nerazzurri have scored on average 3.8 goals per game.
- Inter have won just two of their last eight Serie A away games, losing four of these.
- Inter have recouped the most points from losing situations this season: 18, 10 of which have come under Stramaccioni.
- Former Inter player Biabiany has already completed 99 dribbles this season, a figure only Cuadrado can better (112).