Serie A Opta Facts - Week 4 - 23rd and 24th September
Cagliari - Torino
- Both Cagliari and Torino have found the net in their last three Serie A clashes, an average of 4.3 goals per game.
- Torino won their last league meeting against Cagliari (2-1, back in March); prior to that, the Rossoblu had remained unbeaten for six games (W5 D1).
- Cagliari are unbeaten at home in Serie A against Torino since September 1991 (W6 D4).
- Back in May 1993, Cagliari won 5-0 against Torino: that remains one of the Sardinians' largest wins in the top-flight.
- Torino have conceded in seven of their last nine games away to Cagliari in the top-flight.
- The Rossoblu have lost four of their last six home games in Serie A (W2 L4).
- Torino have lost their only away game of this season, after they had ended last campaign with two wins and two draws on the road.
- Last time Torino lost their first two away games of the season in Serie A was in 2002/03.
- Torino remain the only side yet to score a goal in this Serie A campaign.
- Daniele Conti has scored four goals in his last three Serie A appearances against Torino.
- Torino are the only side to have already failed to convert two penalties in this Serie A campaign (one by Omar El Kaddouri, the other by Marcelo Larrondo).
Empoli - AC Milan
- Empoli have won only two of their 18 Serie A games against AC Milan (D4 L12).
- The Tuscans have never won a home game against the Rossoneri in the top-flight (D4 L5).
- Empoli have never scored more than a single goal against AC Milan in Serie A.
- The Rossoneri have failed to score only in two of their nine games away to Empoli in Serie A.
- AC Milan have not been involved in any draws over their last 12 Serie A fixtures between this and last season (W9, L3).
- AC Milan have conceded goals in their last four away games in Serie A (on average 2.25).
- Massimo Maccarone has found the net four times in his 10 Serie A appearances against AC Milan.
- Diego Laxalt made his debut in Serie A against the Rossoneri - he also bagged a brace in that game (Bologna v AC Milan in September 2013).
- Ignazio Abate played for Empoli in his first Serie A game of his career (24, in 2007/08) - he scored a goal during that term.
- Last weekend against Cesena, Francesco Tavano ended his goal scoring drought in Serie A; finding the net for the frst time since April 2010.
Fiorentina - Sassuolo
- These two teams have only met twice in Serie A; one win apiece, both on the road.
- Fiorentina are on a streak of four consecutive home games without a win (D2 L2) - the longest run for the Viola since May 2012.
- Fiorentina have failed to score in four of their last eight home games between this and last Serie A.
- Prior to drawing 0-0 against Genoa in their last home game, Fiorentina had conceded in eight league games in a row at the Franchi.
- Sassuolo lost their last away game 7-0 against Inter - their worst ever away loss in Serie A.
- Prior to that game, Eusebio Di Francesco's side had found the net in four away matches in a row in Serie A (winning three of them).
- Fiorentina are one of the two sides yet to score from inside the box in this Serie A campaign, the other is Torino (still goalless).
- The Viola have already picked-up nine yellow cards - a joint-most in this competition.
Inter - Atalanta
- These two sides have met 106 times so far in Serie A - Inter have won 57 times, Atalanta 22.
- Atalanta are unbeaten in their last six Serie A clashes against Inter (W3 D3) - it is the longest streak for the Bergamaschi since September 1959 (when they went seven undefeated).
- Both teams have found the net in the last four Serie A meetings.
- Inter are winless in the last three home games against Atalanta - they have never remained without a win for four consecutive matches at the Meazza against the Bergamaschi.
- Inter have found the net in 15 of their last 16 home games with Atalanta in Serie A.
- Inter have drawn their 10th game since the start of 2014 - no Serie A side has shared the points more in this period.
- Atalanta have won their first away game of this campaign - last time they won their first two games on the road in Serie A was in 2000/01.
- Inter have already scored three goals from outside the box this term - a league-high.
- German Denis has found seven goals in his 10 Serie A appearances against Inter - all of these goals have come with Atalanta's jersey.
- Mateo Kovacic has scored in his last two Serie A appearances after failing to score for the previous 46.
Juventus - Cesena
- Cesena's biggest defeat in Serie A came right against Juventus, in September 1981 (6-1 in Turin).
- Juventus have won four of their last five Serie A clashes against Cesena - overall, the Old Lady are unbeaten in their last 11 matches against the Romagnoli.
- Cesena have only won once against Juventus in Turin: 2-0, back in November 1987.
- That remains the only home game in which Juventus couldn't find the net against Cesena in Serie A.
- If Juventus take the three points, they will equal Torino's all-time record of 21 consecutive home wins in Serie A.
- Cesena haven't won any of their last 13 Serie A games on the road (D3 L10) - the Romagnoli have found only two goals in their last eight matches away from home.
- Juventus have won their first three games of the season without conceding a single goal - last time they didn't concede for the first three match-days was in 2004/05.
- Emmanuel Cascione has scored two goals so far in Serie A, both against Juventus (in November 2012 and April 2013).
- Carlos Tevez has already scored four goals and assisted one so far in his four appearances in all competitions this season.
Lazio - Udinese
- Lazio are - along with Atalanta - one of Udinese's favourite targets in Serie A: the Bianconeri have won 23 times against the Biancocelesti.
- There has been a perfect balance in the last seven league meetings between these two sides: three wins apiece and one draw.
- However, Lazio have won three of their last four clashes against Udinese.
- Udinese have failed to score only once over their last 15 matches against Lazio in the top-flight.
- The Biancocelesti are unbeaten in their last five home clashes against Udinese (W4 D1) - they have scored an average of 2.6 goals per game over these matches.
- Udinese haven't won any of their last eight Serie A games on the road between this and last season (D3 L5).
- Antonio Candreva has scored two goals and made one assist over his last two Serie A appearances against Udinese.
- Candreva made his Serie A debut with Udinese (against Inter), back in January 2008.
- Antonio Di Natale has scored 13 times over his 20 appearances against Lazio in the top-flight - the Biancocelesti are his favourite target in Serie A (along with Roma).
Napoli - Palermo
- Napoli and Palermo have met 40 times in Serie A so far: the azzurri lead by 20 wins to eight.
- Napoli have won their last four league games against Palermo, without conceding any goals in the last three.
- These two sides have shared the points only once in their last 12 Serie A fixtures: 0-0 back in January 2010.
- Palermo's last win at the San Paolo was back in December 1951 - 10 wins for the Azzurri and four draws since then.
- Napoli have lost their last two games against Chievo and Udinese - they've never lost three in a row under Rafa Benitez.
- Napoli have also failed to score in back-to-back games for the second time in Serie A under Benitez.
- Palermo have won only one of their last 24 away matches in Serie A.
- Napoli have made 43 shots in this Serie A - more than any other side, but only 17 were on target and just two found the back of the net.
- Marek Hamsik has scored seven goals against Palermo: the Rosanero are his favourite target in the Italian top-flight.
- Franco Vázquez has scored a goal in his last two Serie A appearances, after failing to score in the previous 15.
Parma - Roma
- This will be the 47th meeting between Parma and Roma in Serie A: the Giallorossi have won 28 times, the Emiliani only nine.
- In fact, Parma have lost against Roma more times than against any other Serie A opponent.
- Parma have won only one of their last 16 Serie A games against Roma.
- The Giallorossi have won five times in their last six clashes with Parma in the league.
- Parma have failed to score in five of their last eight home matches against Roma in Serie A.
- Roma had failed to find the net only in one of their last 10 league games played at the Tardini.
- In 2014, the Giallorossi have shared the points only once away from home in Serie A.
- Parma's last two Serie A games have produced a total of 14 goals.
- The Ducali have already conceded five goals before half-time so far in this campaign.
- Francesco Totti has scored 19 goals against Parma: the Emiliani are his favourite target in Serie A.
- Antonio Cassano recorded 118 appearances with Roma in Serie A from 2011 to 2006 - scoring 39 times in that period.
- Gervinho has already scored three goals and made two assists in his three starts between Serie A and Champions League this term.
Sampdoria - Chievo
- Chievo have won only two of their 18 Serie A matches against Sampdoria.
- The Blucerchiati have won the last three games against Chievo in the league.
- These two sides have met nine times at the Ferraris in Serie A: six wins for Sampdoria, only one for the Veneti.
- Sampdoria have failed to score only once in their nine home games against Chievo in Serie A.
- The Blucerchiati are one of the five Serie A side still unbeaten in this campaign (W1, D2).
- Sampdoria haven't conceded goals in their last two league games, the last time they went without conceding for three games was in March 2013.
- Chievo haven't shared a draw in their last 20 league fixtures (W7, L13) - it is currently the longest run in Serie A.
- Chievo have won three of their last four away games between this and last season.
- Maxi Lopez played 28 Serie A games for Sampdoria over the previous two seasons, scoring five times in that period.
- Mariano Izco has been involved in two of Chievo's three goals so far this season, scoring one and making one assist.
Verona - Genoa
- One win apiece for Verona and Genoa in their two meetings last seasons, as well as in the previous two back in 1991/92.
- These four games have always ended with a home win.
- These two sides have met nine times in Verona in Serie A: five wins for the Veneti, only one for Genoa.
- Genoa haven't conceded in their last two Serie A games - last time they kept three clean sheets in a row in Serie A was back in November.
- Though, Genoa are winless in their last eight fixtures away from home (D4, L4), while Verona have lost just one of their last eight at home (W4, D3).
- Verona have collected seven points after three games - it is their best start to a Serie A campaign since 1984/85.
- Genoa have recorded 41% possession so far this term - only Cesena and Chievo have had lower.
- Mauricio Pinilla has scored four goals over his last six Serie A appearances - he is the only player to have scored two headed goals already this term.
- Luca Toni played 16 Serie A games (three goals) for Genoa, back in 2010/11.