Serie A Opta Facts - Week 6
Atalanta v Torino
- Atalanta have won only two of their last nine Serie A games against Torino.
- However, Atalanta had the better in their last meeting, in March 2009 (2-0 in Bergamo).
- Neither of these two sides have scored more than two goals over the last 16 encounters in the top-flight.
- Atalanta have not beaten Torino twice in a row at home since 1947/48 (a run of 36 games).
- Torino have won just one of their last eight games away to Bergamo (1-2 in November 2011).
- Atalanta have scored only five goals over their last eight Serie A fixtures, and one in each of the last four.
- Atalanta haven't shared the points at home in their last seven league games.
- Torino have picked up just two points from their last three games, scoring only one goal in the process (from the penalty spot vs Sampdoria).
- Rolando Bianchi has never scored against Atalanta in Serie A (five meetings).
Bologna v Catania
- Bologna have won their last three meetings against Catania in Serie A, without conceding a single goal.
- Catania have managed to score more than a goal against Bologna only once in their last 21 league meetings (a 4-0 for the Sicilians in June 1965).
- The head to head in Bologna sees the hosts leading by 10 wins to one, with only one draw.
- Catania have scored just two goals over their last nine trips to Bologna in Serie A.
- On the other hand, Bologna have always found the net when playing against Catania at the Dall'Ara (on average 2.3 goals per game).
- Bologna have lost four of their last six league games, failing to score on three of these.
- Alberto Gilardino has scored four goals against Catania in Serie A so far, three of which have come in the last seven games played against them.
- Against Catania, Alessandro Diamanti has already bagged two goals (one for Livorno in 2008 and another for Brescia in 2011) - he hasn't scored three against any Serie A side so far.
- Catania beat Atalanta in mid-week - the last time the Sicilians managed to win back to back games in Serie A was back in March (a run of 15 games).
Cagliari v Pescara
- These two sides have met only four times in the top-flight: the Sardinians lead by three wins to one.
- On the only occasions that Pescara have scored against Cagliari, they have won the game.
- Their last meeting in the top-flight was in June 1993, when the Sardinians won at home 4-0.
- Pescara have never scored at Cagliari's ground in Serie A.
- Pescara have the worst defence in Serie A (10 goals conceded).
- Against Palermo on Wednesday, Pescara won their first game since their return to Serie A, after taking just one point from their previous four games.
- Away from home however, Pescara have collected just two points from their last 18 Serie A games.
- Cagliari are winless in their last nine league games, and have scored just two goals over their last seven fixtures (including the game against Roma awarded 0-3).
Inter v Fiorentina
- This will be the 149th meeting between these two sides in Serie A: Inter lead by 60 wins to 38, with 50 draws.
- Only Lazio (51) have drawn more games than Fiorentina (50) against Inter in Serie A.
- Inter are unbeaten in their last 12 meetings against the Viola (nine wins and three draws).
- Fiorentina didn't score in the two games played last season against Inter.
- Fiorentina have already scored 180 goals in Serie A against Inter - only against Roma (182) have the Viola netted more so far.
- The last 10 meetings between Inter and Fiorentina at the San Siro have ended with a win for the hosts, with the Viola scoring only one goal in the last five of these.
- Fiorentina have kept only one clean sheet over their last 11 games on the road (a 1-0 win in Lecce back in May).
- Antonio Cassano has already scored six goals against Fiorentina in Serie A - only against Juventus and Parma has he netted more (seven).
- Aagainst the Viola, Cassano picked up the first of his three red cards in Serie A, back in September 2004.
- David Pizarro played for Inter in 2005/06, scoring one goal in 24 league appearances.
- Inter got back to winning ways on Wednesday against Chievo, but haven't won back to back games over the last eight rounds of Serie A.
Juventus v Roma
- Juventus are unbeaten in their last four meetings against Roma in the league (two wins and two draws).
- Since 2004/05, Roma have won only once against Juventus in Serie A (2-1 in Turin in January 2010).
- The Giallorossi have never scored more than two goals, and have always conceded over their last 14 meetings against Juve.
- The Old Lady has already scored 244 goals in Serie A against Roma - more than against any other opponent.
- Roma have lost 73 times against Juventus - more than against any other side in the league.
- Last Tuesday's goalless draw against Fiorentina stretched to 44 games Juve's unbeaten run in the league (27 wins and 17 draws).
- The last side able to score more than a single goal in a league game against Juve were Napoli back in November (3-3) - since then 31 match-days have gone.
- Over the five rounds under Zdenek Zeman, Roma have never replicated the same result twice in a row.
- Mirko Vucinic made his Serie A debut with Roma, in February 2001.
- For the Giallorossi, Vucinic played for five seasons between 2006 and 2011, scoring 46 goals in 147 league appearances.
- Iin Turin against Juve, Pablo Osvaldo picked up his first red card in Serie A in March 2008.
- Francesco Totti has already scored seven goals against Juventus, including a brace at the Olimpico in September 2007.
- In their last meeting against Fiorentina, Juventus recorded a possession lower than 50% for the first time after 45 Serie A games.
Lazio v Siena
- Lazio and Siena have met 16 times in Serie A: the record is perfectly even, with both sides winning five times, and six draws.
- All six draws between these sides were by 1-1, including that in their last meeting back in May.
- In Rome, Lazio are unbeaten against Siena in Serie A (four wins and as many draws).
- Lazio have always scored against Siena at the Olimpico.
- Every time Lazio have beated Siena, they've always scored at least two goals.
- Lazio have lost their last two games against Genoa and Napoli, without scoring - the last time they lost three in a row in Serie A was between April and May 2011.
- Siena meanwhile have won two games in a row (against Inter and Bologna) - the last time they won three consecutive games was back in March.
- Emanuele Calaiò has scored three goals in the league against Lazio - his favourite target after Cagliari (five goals against the Sardinians for him).
- Calaiò scored a brace against Siena back in January.
- Sergio Floccari has netted four goals against the Tuscans - his last goal came against Siena last May.
Palermo v Chievo
- Chievo lead by five wins to three against Palermo in Serie A, with six draws (including the 4-4 in their last meeting in May).
- Four of their seven previous meetings at the Barbera have ended in a draw, two wins for the hosts and one for the guests.
- Chievo are yet to keep their clean sheet away to Palermo in the league.
- Palermo and Chievo have suffered the joint-most defeats in this Serie A campaign (four apiece).
- Palermo are the only side to have already shipped three headed goals this term.
- The Rosanero also have the worst attack of this competition, having netted just one goal.
- Palermo's last win in Serie A was back in April - since then, the Sicilians have gone winless for 13 games, picking up just five points.
- This is Palermo's worst start to a Serie A campaign since 1969/70 - on that season they finished with relegation to Serie B.
- Fabrizio Miccoli has already scored seven goals in the top-flight against Chievo - only against Inter (eight) has he scored more so far.
- Miccoli's last Serie A goal came against Chievo, back in May.
Parma v AC Milan
- This will be the 43rd meeting between Parma and AC Milan in Serie A: the Rossoneri lead by 22 wins to nine, with 11 draws.
- Only Roma (25 wins) have beaten Parma more times than the Rossoneri so far in Serie A.
- AC Milan have won each of their last four meetings against Parma in the league.
- The Ducali have managed to score just one goal over these last four games against AC Milan.
- Since 2003/04, Parma have managed only one win against AC Milan in the league (1-0 in March 2010).
- Parma have scored only three goals over their last 10 fixtures against the Rossoneri.
- At home, Parma have scored only one goal over the last five occasions they have hosted AC Milan.
- Parma have drawn their last two league games by 1-1 (vs Fiorentina and Genoa).
- Against Cagliari, AC Milan kept their first clean sheet after conceding on each of their previous six Serie A games.
- Against Parma, Robinho scored the first of his two Serie A braces (in February 2011), while Antonio Nocerino bagged his only hat-trick in October 2011 vs the Ducali.
- Amauri's last goal in the league came right against the Rossoneri, back in April.
Sampdoria v Napoli
- Napoli have won three of their last four meetings against Sampdoria in Serie A, and four of the last six.
- Sampdoria and Napoli have met 104 times before in Serie A and their record is perfectly even; 33 wins apiece with 38 draws.
- These two sides have shared the points only once over their last 10 Serie A meetings (2-2 at the Marassi in May 2009).
- Sampdoria have scored 127 goals against Napoli in Serie A, only against Fiorentina (133) have they netted more.
- Napoli's win in September 2010 ended a run of 13 consecutive games in which Samp had remained unbeaten against the Partenopei at the Marassi.
- Right against Sampdoria, Marek Hamsik scored his first Serie A goal, in September 2007.
- Against Sampdoria, Cavani bagged one of his five Serie A hat-tricks, in January 2011.
- Napoli share with Juventus the best attack of this competition (11 goals scored).
- The Partenopei are the only side yet to fall behind in this campaign.
- This is Napoli's best start to a Serie A season since 1989/90 - then, they also started the season with four wins and a draw, and went on to win the Scudetto.
Udinese v Genoa
- These two sides have shared the points only once over their last 14 meetings in Serie A (2-2 at the Friuli in November 2008).
- Overall, the head to head between Udinese and Genoa sees the Grifoni leading by 14 wins to 13, with nine draws.
- The last meeting at the Friuli was won by the hosts - however, Udinese have failed to beat Genoa in back to back games at home since 1956/57 (a run of 14 meetings).
- Against Genoa, Antonio Di Natale has already netted six goals in Serie A, including one in the last meeting between these two sides back in May.
- Udinese are Marco Borriello's favourite target in Serie A - he has already scored 10 goals against the Friulani.
- Borriello scored both of his two Serie A hat-trick right against Udinese, during his first spell at Genoa in 2007/08.
- Genoa have scored four of their seven total goals this season in the final 15 minutes of play.
- Torino were the first side to prevent Udinese from scoring in the league since April ( a run of nine games in which the Friulani had always found the net).