Serie A Opta Stats: 14 & 15 March
|Saturday 17:00||Cagliari v Genoa||View facts||Bet Now|
|Saturday 19:30||Juventus v Bologna||View facts||Bet Now|
|Sunday 14:00||Lazio v Chievo||View facts||Bet Now|
|Sunday 14:00||Atalanta v Torino||View facts||Bet Now|
|Sunday 14:00||Palermo v Lecce||View facts||Bet Now|
|Sunday 14:00||Udinese v Catania||View facts||Bet Now|
|Sunday 14:00||Reggina v Napoli||View facts||Bet Now|
|Sunday 14:00||Sampdoria v Roma||View facts||Bet Now|
|Sunday 14:00||Siena v AC Milan||View facts||Bet Now|
|Sunday 19:30||Inter Milan v Fiorentina||View facts||Bet Now|
- Cagliari are unbeaten at home against Genoa since March 1974, a month that marks the only ever win for the “Grifoni” at Cagliari’s ground in the top flight. Since then, the Sardinians have won five of the ensuing eight meetings against Genoa at home, with three draws.
- After conceding four goals in their opening match of the season at home to Lazio, Cagliari have conceded just four goals in their following 13 Serie A home fixtures this season, keeping a clean sheet on nine occasions.
- Genoa have only managed to score two goals in their last four away league games this season, but have kept a clean sheet in the last two.
- Next Saturday’s clash between Cagliari and Genoa will see the two players who have assisted the most goals so far in the league playing against each other: Cagliari’s Michele Fini (10 assists) and Genoa’s Ivan Juric (eight).
- 78% of Genoa’s goals this season (28 out of 36) have been scored in the second half; 12 of which have come during the last 15 minutes of play, a league high.
- The only previous meeting between managers Giampiero Gasperini and Massimo Allegri came in the reverse fixture this season: on that occasion, Genoa managed a 2-1 win over Cagliari.
- Juventus have won all of their last five Serie A meetings with Bologna.
- Bologna have failed to beat Juventus since November 1998; since then, the Bianconeri have won ten of their 14 league games against Bologna, drawing four.
- Claudio Ranieri’s side have won their previous three league matches, keeping a clean sheet in each.
- Bologna have picked up just one point from their last three away league fixtures, only finding the net once.
- Bologna goalkeeper, Francesco Antonioli, has made the most saves in Serie A this term: 134.
- Although Bologna have attempted the fewest shots in the league this season (203), striker Marco Di Vaio is the Serie A top-scorer with 19 goals so far, including that in the reverse fixture against The Old Lady earlier this season and last weekend’s hat-trick against Sampdoria.
- Juventus have scored the most headed goals this season in the league (13, six of which were scored by Brazilian striker, Amauri).
- Juventus have scored the most goals during the first half: 24, a league high.
- Claudio Ranieri and Sinisa Mihajlovic will face each other as managers for the first time next Saturday.
- Lazio have managed only one win (season 2003/04) in the previous six league games at the “Olimpico” between these two sides; with the visitors winning twice and drawing three times.
- Lazio have won their last three league games by the same scoreline: 2-0.
- Chievo have taken seven points from their last four away fixtures in the league, as result of two wins and a draw.
- Lazio’s manager, Delio Rossi, won his only previous encounter with Chievo’s Domenico Di Carlo in the top division.
- Chievo have scored only five goals during the first half: a league low.
- Chievo, along with Reggina, have the least prolific attack this season in Serie A, scoring just 21 goals.
- Lazio have scored the most goals from outside the box (nine) and with left footed shots (18) this season in Serie A.
- Chievo midfielder Giampiero Pinzi is the Serie A player who has made the most fouls so far this term: 90.
- Atalanta have managed only one win in their last eight league games against Torino, with three wins going to the Granata, including ones in the last two meetings.
- Atalanta have lost their last three Serie A matches, and have failed to score a single goal in the process.
- Last Saturday’s defeat in the derby against Juventus ended Torino’s seven-match unbeaten run in the league.
- Torino have shared the points in each of their last four away fixtures; prior to this they had lost their previous seven matches on the road in the league.
- Torino have dropped the most points from leading positions in Serie A this season (18); of the 13 games in which they have led, Torino have won only five, drawing six and losing two.
- Luigi Del Neri and Walter Novellino have played against each other 10 times in the top flight: the current Torino boss has the better record with four wins to one, on top of five draws.
- In the head to head between Palermo and Lecce in the top flight there have been two wins to each side and a draw (in the reverse fixture this season).
- The Rosanero have lost their last two home games, failing to score a single goal and conceding six in the process.
- Lecce have failed to score a single goal in their last five league fixtures, losing four before last Sunday’s goalless draw against Reggina.
- Lecce have attempted the fewest shots on target in Serie A this season: 87.
- Next Sunday’s meeting will be the first ever Serie A encounter between Palermo’s manager, Davide Ballardini, and Lecce’s new boss, Luigi De Canio.
- Lecce are the only side in Serie A yet to be awarded a penalty this term.
- Udinese and Catania have never drawn in their 13 Serie A meetings so far: the Sicilians have the better record by eight wins to five.
- The six Serie A meetings between the sides at the “Friuli” have ended with three wins to each side.
- Udinese have won their last three home fixtures in the league.
- Catania have conceded the most corners this season (182), but are the only side yet to score from a corner situation.
- Only 34.3% of Catania’s 268 shots this season have been on target: a league low.
- 18 of the goals conceded by Udinese this term were assisted by crosses: a league high.
- Pasquale Marino’s players have scored the most goals in the first 15 minutes of play: eight.
- The only two meetings between the two managers, Pasquale Marino and Walter Zenga, have ended in wins to the current Udinese boss.
- There have been five meetings between Reggina and Napoli so far in Serie A: Napoli have managed two wins (including the one in the reverse fixture this season), Reggina one, and there have also been two draws.
- Reggina’s last win in the league was back in November (a 3-1 win against Atalanta); since then, the club from Calabria have lost six times and drawn eight, two of which came in the last two rounds.
- Napoli have picked up only two points in the last nine Serie A matchdays, and have lost their last three, failing to score a single goal.
- The reverse fixture earlier this season was won by Napoli thanks to a German Denis hat-trick. Since then, the Argentine striker has bagged only two goals in the following 18 league games.
- Only Chievo have scored as few goals as Reggina this season (21); however no other Serie A side has scored fewer goals than Reggina from open play (eight).
- Edy Reja is unbeaten in his two previous meetings against Reggina’s manager, Nevio Orlandi, in the top division, as result of a win and a draw.
- Roma have had the better of Sampdoria in the last five meetings between the two in the top flight; the Giallorossi have also kept a clean sheet in the last four.
- Sampdoria have collected 10 points from their last four home fixtures in the Italian top-flight.
- Roma have picked up only two points from their last three away fixtures in the league, conceding eight goals in the process.
- Luciano Spalletti’s side have attempted the most shots on target in Serie A this season (162).
- Of the nine previous Serie A meetings between the two managers, Luciano Spalletti has won six to Walter Mazzarri’s two, with the points being shared on one occasion.
- Of the 11 previous meetings played between these two sides in the top flight, AC Milan have won eight, drawn twice and lost just once.
- This season Siena have not managed to score more than one goal in a single league game at home since their opening game of the season (a 2-0 win over Cagliari); since then, Siena have scored exactly one goal on ten occasions, and failed to score twice.
- AC Milan have scored the most goals from open play so far this term (33), and with right footed shots (28).
- Rossoneri striker Filippo Inzaghi scored a hat-trick last weekend against Atalanta; his last league goal was in the reverse fixture against Siena earlier this season.
- Carlo Ancelotti’s side have been awarded the most penalties in Serie A this season (eight, six of which were converted, with two missed).
- Siena have scored just one goal from outside the box in the league this term: Genoa are the only Serie A side not to have managed more from distance this season.
- Carlo Ancelotti is unbeaten in his five previous Serie A meetings against Marco Giampaolo, notching up three wins and two draws in the process.
- Inter are unbeaten in their last five league meetings with Fiorentina: winning four before the goalless draw in the reverse fixture this season.
- In their last six home league fixtures, the Nerazzurri have alternated between a win and a draw.
- The Nerazzurri have scored the most goals so far this term: 49.
- Next Sunday’s meeting between the two sides will see two of the most prolific strikers in Serie A face each other: Alberto Gilardino and Zlatan Ibrahimovic have both scored 15 goals this term, putting them in joint second place behind current top-scorer, Marco Di Vaio (19).
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored the most goals from open play so far (13).
- Inter are the only Serie A side yet to give away a penalty this season.
- José Mourinho’s players have scored the most goals from corner situations so far this term (eight).
- The goalless draw in the reverse fixture is the only meeting between the two managers, José Mourinho and Cesare Prandelli in Serie A.