Spanish La Liga Opta Facts - 18-20 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atletico Madrid v Barcelona
- Atletico and Barcelona have alternated wins in their last six league meetings - the Colchoneros had the better in the last one, at the Calderon last February (2-1).
- That was Barcelona's last defeat away from home in La Liga; since then, Pep Guardiola's side have picked up six wins and two draws.
- Atletico have beaten Barcelona on four of the last five occasions they have hosted the Blaugrana, and have had the better in the last three.
- Barcelona have conceded 10 goals in their last three visits to Atletico in the league.
- Atletico were the last La Liga side to score more than three goals against the Catalans (back in March 2009 at the Calderon).
- Atletico have not shared the points at their ground in their last 16 league fixtures.
Deportivo La Coruña v Getafe
- This will be the 13th meeting between these two sides in the top-flight: Deportivo lead by six wins to two, but Getafe had the better in the last meeting at the Riazor, last March.
- Deportivo have netted exactly one goal on each of the last five occasions they hosted Getafe - enough for two wins and as many draws.
- The Galicians have not scored in their last three league games: 2-0 defeat against Athletic last season, and the two goalless draws of this campaign against Zaragoza and Sevilla.
- Deportivo have managed only one win from their last seven league games at the Riazor.
- Getafe have won three of their last four games in La Liga between this and last season.
Espanyol v Almeria
- Espanyol have had the better of Almeria in their last three top-flight meetings, with the Catalans not conceding a single goal.
- Espanyol have conceded only four goals in their last 10 games at home in La Liga, and have finished seven of these with a clean sheet.
- Almeria have won only one of their last 12 league games, losing six times and sharing the points five times (including the last two).
- Away from home Almeria have drawn three of their last four league fixtures.
Hercules v Valencia
- Valencia have won the last three meetings with Hercules in the top-flight - however, their last meeting was back in 1997.
- In Alicante, Hercules have notched-up 11 wins and three draws against Valencia, prior to the 2-0 defeat in their last meeting in May 1997.
- Hercules have alternated wins and defeats in their last six top-flight fixtures, leading to their astonishing win at the Camp Nou against Barcelona last Saturday.
- Valencia have won six of their last seven La Liga games, losing the remaining one to Villarreal last May (2-0).
Levante v Villarreal
- Levante have picked up only one point from their previous six top-flight meetings with Villarreal - a 1-1 draw in October 2010 at the Madrigal.
- Villarreal have netted eight goals in three previous league games played against Levante away from home.
- Levante have collected only one point from their last seven games played in the top-flight, and have lost the first two of this campaign by 4-1.
- Villarreal are on a run of two defeats and a draw away from home between this season and last.
- Levante have conceded the most goals in La Liga in the first 15 minutes of play (three) and in the last 15 minutes (three).
Malaga v Sevilla
- This will be the 49th Andalucian derby between these two sides: the record of previous meetings is perfectly even, with each side winning 18 times.
- However, Malaga have managed to win only one of their last six meetings with Sevilla, in October 2008.
- Last Sunday's win over Real Zaragoza ended Malaga's run of 12 consecutive games without a victory in La Liga.
- At home, Malaga are winless in their last six league games, in which they have never scored more than a single goal.
- Sevilla have won their last three league games on the road, netting always three or more goals.
- All six goals of Malaga's goals this season have come in the first half.
Mallorca v Osasuna
- Last season Mallorca beat Osasuna in both legs, without conceding a single goal.
- At the ONO Estadi, the hosts have notched-up three wins and a draw in their last four meetings with Osasuna.
- Neither Mallorca nor Osasuna have scored a goal in this campaign.
- Osasuna will visit the ONO Estadi on a run of nine consecutive defeats away from home in La Liga.
- Mallorca have made the most unsuccessful passes in La Liga after two games (215).
- Both Osasuna and Mallorca have attempted only three shots on target after two match-days of La Liga, a league-low.
Racing Santander v Real Zaragoza
- Seven of the last eight La Liga meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw, including the last five.
- In Santander the hosts have had the better only twice in the last 13 meetings in La Liga, with Zaragoza taking all three points seven times; four draws (including those in the last two games at the Sardinero) complete the record.
- Racing have suffered six defeats in their last seven league games, including those against Barcelona and Valencia in the start of this campaign.
- Real Zaragoza have failed to score in three of their last four league games on the road.
Real Sociedad v Real Madrid
- Real Sociedad have managed to win only two points from their last six games against Real Madrid in La Liga.
- Real Madrid are alongside Deportivo as the only side yet to concede a goal after the first two match-days of La Liga.
- The Merengues are unbeaten in their last nine league games (seven wins and two draws).
- Away from home, Real are unbeaten in their last 11 games, but after nine consecutive wins they were held to a draw in the last two.
- Real Madrid have attempted the most shots this season (35, excl. blocked); however, they've managed to score only one goal.
Sporting Gijon v Athletic Bilbao
- Sporting have managed only one win from their last 17 league games against Athletic - five draws and 11 wins to the Basques complete the record.
- Sporting's last win at home against Athletic was back in 1991; since then they have picked up only three points in eight games at home when they hosted Athletic.
- Last Sunday's win over Mallorca ended Sporting's 11-game winless streak (six defeats and five draws).
- Prior to their win against Hercules on match-day 1 (1-0), Athletic had not won in 12 consecutive away games (eight defeats and four draws).
- Only Cristiano Ronaldo (15) has attempted more shots than Athletic's Fernando Llorente (10) this season in La Liga.