Spanish La Liga Opta Facts - 13-14 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Almeria v Malaga
- This Andalusian derby has already been played five times in the top flight: Almeria lead by four wins to one, without any draws so far.
- Almeria have won both fixtures they have played at home against Malaga so far.
- Juan Manuel Lillo's side are unbeaten in the last six match-days of La Liga (three wins and as many draws).
- Almeria have the same unbeaten run at home in the league (three wins and as many draws).
- Malaga have lost their last two league fixtures, but have won two of their last three on the road, without conceding a single goal.
- Malaga have conceded 16 goals from set piece situations so far this season - a league-high.
Atletico Madrid v Osasuna
- Osasuna are unbeaten in the last four meetings with Atlético de Madrid in the league (three wins and a draw).
- Prior to this, the club from Pamplona had notched up three consecutive wins against Atletico in La Liga.
- These two sides have shared the points only once in their last 10 meetings at Atletico's ground, six wins to the hosts and three to the guests complete the record.
- Atletico have won four of their last five home games in La Liga.
- Osasuna are winless in the last four rounds of La Liga, and have lost their last two games away from home.
- Atletico have conceded the most goals before half-time so far in this campaign (25).
- Atletico have kept only three clean sheets this season - a league joint-low.
- Atletico have lost the most points from leading situations (16), and won the most from trailing situations (10) so far this term in La Liga.
Barcelona v Valencia
- Barcelona are unbeaten in their last five league meetings with Valencia, but have been held to a draw in their last two.
- The Blaugrana have kept a clean sheet in four of the last five meetings with Valencia in the league.
- Barcelona have won their last two home games with Valencia scoring 10 goals in total, and conceding none.
- Barca are still unbeaten at home this term (11 wins and a draw in the first 12 games).
- Valencia have not won any of their last four away games of this campaign - two draws and as many defeats.
- Lionel Messi is currently La Liga top-scorer with 19 goals, including three in the last two match-days against Malaga and Almeria. Valencia's David Villa is second with 17.
- Barca have conceded only 16 goals this term in La Liga, a league-low.
- Barcelona have been the most prolific side of La Liga in the first half (32 goals).
Getafe v Mallorca
- This will be the 12th meeting between these two sides in the top flight: Mallorca have won six times, Getafe twice, with three draws completing the record.
- After losing their first game at home against Mallorca, Getafe are unbeaten in the ensuing four league meetings at the Coliseum.
- Getafe are winless in the last six match-days of this campaign (three defeats and as many draws), and have won only one of the last nine fixtures.
- Mallorca have won their last two league fixtures, and have drawn only once in the last 13 match-days of La Liga.
Racing Santander v Real Zaragoza
- Five of the last seven league meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw, including the last four.
- Racing have had the better of Real Zaragoza only once in the last 11 meetings - a 1-0 win in April 2004.
- Racing are currently on a run of six consecutive games without a win (three defeats and as many draws), and have not scored a single goal in their last four league fixtures.
- At home, Miguel Ángel Portugal's side are winless in four league games, since beating Tenerife on the January 3, and have failed to score in the last two.
- Real Zaragoza have picked up seven points from their last three away games of this campaign - wins against Tenerife and Getafe and a draw with Real Valladolid.
- Racing are the only side in La Liga yet to score a goal in the opening 15 minutes of play.
Real Valladolid v Real Madrid
- Real Valladolid have lost three of the last four meetings with Real Madrid in La Liga, but they did manage to win the last one at home, in November 2008.
- That was Valladolid's only win in the last nine meetings in the league with the Merengues.
- Real Madrid have won only once in the last six trips to Valladolid, two wins to the hosts and three draws complete the record.
- Real Valladolid are winless in the last 10 match-days of La Liga, and have managed only one win in the last 17.
- At home, Real Valladolid have picked up only two points from their last five games, as a result of two 1-1 draws.
- Real Valladolid have drawn more games than any other side in La Liga (11).
- Last Saturday's 3-2 come-back win means Manuel Pellegrini's side have extended their run of wins to seven fixtures, and reach the top of La Liga for the first time since match-day 11.
- Real boast the best attack of this competition (67 goals), and have scored at least three goals in each of their last six fixtures.
- Away from home, the Merengues are on a run of three consecutive wins and have scored 11 goals in the process.
- Real Madrid are the only side in La Liga to have won all of the games in which they have taken the lead in so far (20).
Sevilla v Deportivo La Coruña
- These two sides have alternated wins in the last six league meetings in Sevilla.
- Sevilla and Deportivo have shared the points only once in their last 10 meetings at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán (a 1-1 in November 2002).
- The Andalusians are unbeaten in their last four games at home (three wins before the goalless draw with Athletic).
- Manolo Jiménez's side have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four home fixtures of this campaign.
- Deportivo are winless in their last six away games of La Liga (three draws and as many defeats).
- Miguel Ángel Lotina's side have not scored a single goal in their last five away games.
Sporting Gijon v Athletic Bilbao
- Last October's 2-1 win at the San Mames ended a run of 15 consecutive games without a win for Sporting against Athletic Bilbao in La Liga.
- Prior to this win, Sporting's last win over the Basques was back in September 1991; that is also Sporting's last win with Athletic at the Molinón.
- Sporting have won only two of their last eight league fixtures.
- Athletic have pick up seven points from their last three games, and have kept a clean sheet in the last two.
- However, they are winless in their last six games away from home in the league, and have picked up only one point from the last four on the road.
- Athletic Bilbao have scored the most headed goals this season in La Liga (12).
Tenerife v Espanyol
- These two sides have met 21 times in the top flight: Tenerife have won only three times, 10 wins to the Catalans and eight draws complete the record.
- Tenerife's last win over Espanyol was in December 1996 (5-1 at home).
- The last three meetings between these two sides in the Canary Islands have ended in draws, and two of these were goalless.
- Tenerife have lost their last three games, scoring in total three goals and conceding 12.
- Espanyol have failed to win a single game in their last 10 away fixtures of La Liga (seven defeats and three draws).
- Espanyol have the joint-worst attack of this competition (18 goals).
- Tenerife have conceded the most goals so far this term in La Liga (52), and have scored the fewest before half-time (seven).
- Tenerife have not shared the points in the last six match-days of La Liga, currently the joint-longest run with Mallorca.
- Espanyol have lost 11 of the 12 games in which they have been behind in, winning just once.
Villarreal v Xerez
- Xerez's 2-1 win in the reverse fixture was the only previous meeting between these two sides in the top flight.
- That was also Xerez's first ever win in La Liga, back in October.
- Villarreal have won three of their last four home fixtures of this campaign, defeat to Osasuna completes the record.
- Xerez have won only three games in the first 25 match-days of this campaign, including the one at Malaga's ground, last Sunday.
- That victory against Malaga was also Xerez's only away win in La Liga so far.
- Xerez have scored only 18 goals this season - a league-joint low.
- Xerez are the only side in La Liga to win three games from trailing situations - a league-high.