Spanish La Liga Opta Facts - 17-18 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Athletic Bilbao v Sporting
- Athletic are unbeaten in their last 15 league meetings with Sporting.
- Sporting have conceded 20 goals in their last six trips to San Mamés in the league.
- Athletic Bilbao have conceded six goals in their last two home matches in La Liga.
- Athletic have won none of their last four competitive matches (three defeats, one draw).
Deportivo la Coruña v Sevilla
- Sevilla have won their last four competitive encounters against Deportivo (league and cup), as well as a pre-season friendly.
- Since losing on match day one in the league, Sevilla have accumulated seven consecutive wins an all competitions.
- Luis Fabiano has scored four goals in his last four competitive appearances against Deportivo.
- Deportivo have won their last three league fixtures, keeping three clean sheets in the process.
Espanyol v Tenerife
- The Catalonians have won their last five league meetings with Tenerife.
- Tenerife have only scored three goals in the league this season, only Xerez have done worse.
- Tenerife are the only side to have lost all three of their away matches this season in La Liga, having failed to score a single goal in the process.
- Espanyol are the only side yet to concede a goal from a South American player this season in Primera.
Malaga v Almeria
- Almeria have won three of the four league meetings between these two sides, always scoring at least one goal.
- Malaga have failed to win any of their last five league matches, taking just one point in this period (fewer than any other side in La Liga).
- Almeria have only managed to score in three of their last nine league matches (going back to last season).
Osasuna v Atletico Madrid
- Atletico have conceded the most goals in La Liga this season: 14.
- Atletico Madrid's matches have produced a league-high 23 goals this season.
- Osasuna are unbeaten in their last three encounters with Atletico Madrid in the league (two wins, one draw).
- Diego Forlan has netted four goals in his last three trips to Reyno de Navarra stadium.
Real Madrid v Valladolid
- Valladolid have been defeated in their last four trips to Bernabeu in the league, conceding 19 goals in the process.
- Manuel Pellegrini's men have scored 11 goals in their three home fixtures this season in the league.
- Valladolid have only claimed one win in their last 17 league fixtures.
- Six of Kaka's last 10 competitive goals (with club and country) have come from the penalty spot.
Mallorca v Getafe
- Mallorca are one of the four teams to have won all of their three home matches this season.
- Mallorca are the only side yet to concede a goal at home this season in the league.
- Getafe have never won a Liga match at Mallorca (four defeats, one draw).
- Mallorca have scored at least twice in each of their last 10 home matches in the league.
- Aritz Aduriz has scored four goals in his last four appearances against Getafe.
Valencia v Barcelona
- Valencia are the only team to have scored all of their goals from open play this season in La Liga.
- Barcelona have a 100% record this season in the top flight and are the only remaining unbeaten side.
- Barcelona are unbeaten in their last four league meetings with Valencia, scoring 15 goals in the process.
- "Los Che" have taken the lead in every match so far but have managed only three wins.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has opened the scoring in four matches, a record this season in the top flight.
- Thierry Henry has scored nine goals in as many matches against Valencia during his career.
Xerez v Villarreal
- 20th against 19th: both are the only teams yet to win this season in La Liga.
- Xerez have only scored once in their six matches in the top division.
- Villarreal have failed to score a single goal in their last four competitive matches.
- Three of Villarreal's four league goals this season in the league have come in away matches.
- Xerez have managed two consecutive draws after having lost their opening four league matches.
Zaragoza v Racing Santander
- Five of the last six encounters between these two sides in La Liga have ended in a draw.
- The last two competitive matches between these two have produced 10 goals (league and cup).
- Racing have failed to win in any of their last nine trips to Zaragoza in the top flight, and have only won twice in their 27 trips to La Romareda in Primera in total.
- Racing are the only side to have taken all of their points away from home this season.
- Ewerthon has scored nine goals in his last seven competitive appearances for Zaragoza.