Spanish La Liga Opta Facts 19-20 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Sevilla v Getafe
- These two sides have met 10 times in the top flight, Sevilla have won four and Getafe three, three draws complete the record.
- Sevilla are unbeaten in their last seven La Liga games, four wins and three draws.
- At home, the Andalusians are on a run of nine unbeaten games, but have been held to draws in their last two.
- Getafe are the only side in La Liga who are yet to share the points this season.
- Away from home, Getafe have lost five of their last six league fixtures.
- Alongside Real Madrid (11), Sevilla (nine) are the only side in La Liga to have won all of the games in which they have taken the lead.
Tenerife v Atletico Madrid
- This will be the 23rd meeting between these two sides in the top flight, Tenerife have won only three times, however the team from Canary Islands were successful in their last meeting in 1999.
- Tenerife have only won once in their last six games in La Liga.
- Atletico have lost five of their seven games on the road this season; however they won their last away match, at Xerez.
- Atletico have lost the most points from leading positions this term (14), having won only three of the nine games in which they have taken the lead in so far.
Villarreal v Racing Santander
- Villarreal are unbeaten in their last five meetings with Racing in the top flight (three wins and two draws), and have conceded only one goal in the last four.
- At Villarreal the hosts have won seven games in this fixture, with Racing claiming just one victory.
- Villarreal have shared the points only once in their last 12 fixtures in La Liga.
- At home, Ernesto Valverde's side are on a run of four consecutive wins.
- After losing four consecutive fixtures in the league, Racing have won their last two, scoring seven goals along the way.
- Racing have recouped the most points from trailing positions in this campaign (seven).
Malaga v Mallorca
- Both of last season's fixtures between these two sides ended in draws.
- The hosts have failed to win in the last three meetings played in Malaga, in which they have scored only one goal in total.
- Malaga are winless since the opening day of the season, and are on a run of five consecutive draws.
- After scoring three times in their first fixture of this season, Malaga have not netted more than one goal in the ensuing six home games.
- Mallorca are unbeaten in their last four games in La Liga (three wins).
- Malaga have won only one of the four games in which they have taken the lead.
Real Valladolid v Sporting
- Last season Sporting beat Real Valladolid in both fixtures by the same scoreline, 2-1.
- Real Valladolid have scored one goal in each of their last four meetings at home with Sporting (enough for two wins and a draw).
- Real Valladolid are on a run of three consecutive draws, and have also shared the points in four of their last five at home this term.
- Sporting have lost their last two league fixtures, and have collected only two points from their last three on the road.
Deportivo La Coruna v Valencia
- Valencia are unbeaten in their last eight league meetings with Deportivo (five wins and three draws).
- At the Riazor the hosts have collected only one point from their last five meetings with Valencia.
- Last Saturday's defeat to Real Madrid ended a run of nine unbeaten games for Valencia.
- Away from home, David Villa & co. have won their last five league fixtures, conceding only two goals in the process.
- David Villa has scored in each of Valencia's last five league games.
- Only Barcelona (eight) have kept more clean sheets than Deportivo (seven) this term.
Real Madrid v Real Zaragoza
- Real Madrid are unbeaten in their last 11 league meetings with Real Zaragoza (six wins).
- At the Bernabeu, the Merengues have beaten Real Zaragoza in their last four meetings, and are unbeaten in the last seven.
- Manuel Pellegrini's side have won five of their last six fixtures in the league.
- Real Madrid have won all of their games at home this term in the league (7).
- Real Zaragoza have picked up only one point from their last five matches, and are on a run of three consecutive defeats.
- Away from home, Aurelio Gay's side have collected only two points this term, and are winless since October 2007.
- Gonzalo Higuaín has scored seven goals in Real Madrid's last six league games.
Athletic Bilbao v Osasuna
- Athletic have only won once in their last six league meetings with Osasuna.
- Athletic have won four of their last six fixtures, losing just once.
- At home the Basques have managed only one win in their last five games, and have not scored more than one goal in a match in this run.
- Osasuna have won only once in their last seven games, and have not scored more than one goal in a game along the way.
Espanyol v Almeria
- These two sides have met eight times in the top flight, each have won three times.
- Espanyol are on a run of five consecutive defeats in the league, and have not scored a single goal in the process.
- Almeria have picked up only one point from their last four fixtures in the league, as result of their draw against Deportivo last Sunday.
- Away from home, Hugo Sanchez's side are on a run of three consecutive defeats.
- Nigerian striker, Kalu Uche has netted three goals over the last three match-days for Almeria. Uche also scored a brace last season against Espanyol in Barcelona.