Spanish La Liga Opta Facts - 20-22 November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Almeria v Barcelona
- Almeria's worst ever defeat in La Liga came against Barcelona, (6-0 at the Camp Nou in December 1980).
- Almeria have never beaten Barcelona in 10 previous meetings: seven wins for the Blaugrana and three draws (all of these at the Estadio del Mediterraneo).
- Barca have always scored against Almeria so far in the league, keeping a clean sheet in six of their 10 meetings against the Andalusians.
- Almeria have won only one game so far this season (2-0 at the Riazor against Deportivo) - currently a league joint-low, alongside Real Zaragoza.
- At home, Juan Manuel Lillo's side have drawn four of their five games this season, losing the other against Levante.
- The Blaugrana are on a run of five consecutive wins in La Liga.
- Lionel Messi has scored seven of his 10 goals in this campaign in his last four appearances.
- With a brace on Saturday, Messi would reach 100 goals in La Liga.
- Pep Guardiola's side have won 10 of their last 11 games on the road between this and last campaign, a 0-0 draw in a derby against Espanyol completes the record.
Deportivo La Coruña v Malaga
- Deportivo are unbeaten in their last 16 meetings against Malaga in La Liga (nine wins for the Galicians and seven draws, including last February's 0-0).
- Deportivo have kept a clean sheet in seven of their last 12 league meetings against Malaga, conceding only five goals in the process.
- At the Riazor, Deportivo are unbeaten against Malaga in 17 league meetings (14 wins and three draws).
- The Galicians have kept a clean sheet on five of the last six occasions when they hosted Malaga.
- After picking up only four points from their first eight fixtures, Deportivo have collected seven from the last three (wins against Espanyol and Levante and a draw at Mallorca).
- Deportivo have won only two of their last 11 games on home soil between this and last season.
- Last Sunday's 1-0 win against Levante ended a run of four consecutive defeats for Malaga in La Liga.
Espanyol v Hercules
- Espanyol are unbeaten in their last six meetings against Hercules in the top-flight (three wins for the Catalans and as many draws).
- The last meetings between these two sides were back in 1996/97 - Espanyol won both 2-1.
- Espanyol have won each of their last six league games at home between this and last season.
- Last Sunday's 2-1 win over Real Sociedad ended a run of five consecutive league games without a win for Hercules.
- Hercules have failed to score in three of their last four games away from home in La Liga.
- Mora than half of Hercules goals in this campaign have been netted by David Trezeguet (six out of 11).
- 73% of Hercules' goals (eight out of 11) have been scored before half-time - currently the highest ratio in La Liga.
Getafe v Real Zaragoza
- These two sides have met 10 times in the top-flight: Real Zaragoza lead in the head-to-head by four wins to three, with three draws.
- The club from Aragon came out on top in both fixtures last season, keeping a clean sheet each time: 3-0 at home and 2-0 at the Coliseum.
- Míchel's side are on a run of three consecutive defeats in the league.
- Real Zaragoza have won only one of their last 13 league games (3-2 against Mallorca); seven defeats and five draws complete the record.
- Away from home, José Aurelio Gay's side have picked up only two points from their last six games.
- Real Zaragoza have scored only two goals in the first half so far, a joint-low alongside Deportivo, and have conceded the most in the same period (13).
Levante v Racing
- This will be the seventh meeting between these two sides in the top-flight: Levante lead in the head-to-head by three wins to one, and are still unbeaten at home (two wins and a draw).
- Levante have lost their last four league games.
- Luis García's side have already lost seven fixtures this season - a league-joint most, alongside Malaga.
- Miguel Ángel Portugal's side have collected only one point from their games on the road so far: no side has picked up fewer.
- Racing won their first two away games in 2010; since then they have managed only one win in their ensuing 14 games on the road in La Liga.
- Racing are the only side in the competition yet to score their first goal in the opening 15 minutes of play.
- Racing have conceded the most in the first 15 minutes of play in La Liga this season (seven), while Levante shipped the most after the break (11).
Osasuna v Sporting Gijon
- Osasuna have won three of their four meetings against Sporting over the past two seasons, with the Asturians coming out on top once.
- Osasuna have also taken all three points in three of their last four meetings against Sporting in Pamplona, with the guests winning once in March 2009.
- Osasuna have picked up 11 of their 12 points this season on home soil, while Sporting have managed to collect only two away from home.
- José Antonio Camacho's side have won their last two games at home 3-0, all six goals coming from different players.
- Over the past 12 months, Sporting have won only one league game away from home (last February 3-1 against Real Zaragoza).
- Osasuna have already scored eight goals from dead balls (currently a record in La Liga), while Sporting have conceded the most from set piece situations so far (eight).
- Sporting have won only two of the five games in which they have taken the lead this season, the lowest ratio in La Liga.
Sevilla v Mallorca
- Mallorca have shared the points 15 times against Sevilla in La Liga, more than against any other side so far.
- Sevilla are unbeaten in their last five league meetings against Mallorca: four wins (including those in the last three) and a draw.
- Prior to the wins in the last two seasons, Sevilla had failed to beat Mallorca at home in four attempts (two draws and as many defeats at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán).
- This season, Sevilla are still unbeaten at home, in light of three wins and two draws.
- Mallorca have lost four of their last six away games between this and last season.
- Mallorca are yet to concede their first goal in the opening 15 minutes of play this season.
- Sevilla have already scored four goals from the penalty spot this season - the most in la Liga.
Real Madrid v Athletic Bilbao
- Real Madrid have won nine of their last 10 league meetings against Athletic Bilbao, losing only once.
- The Merengues have also won 10 of the last 11 at the Bernabeu against Athletic, scoring two or more goals in each of the last five games.
- Real are the only side still unbeaten in La Liga this season (nine wins and two draws so far).
- Real Madrid have never conceded more than a single goal in a league game under José Mourinho.
- The Blancos are the best defence (five goals conceded) and best attack (28 scored) of this competition.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is La Liga top-scorer on 11 goals.
- Real have lost only once in their last 24 league games at the Bernabeu, last April against Barcelona, winning the remaining 23.
- The Basque side are on a run of three consecutive defeats away from home, and have conceded four in each of their last two games on the road against Sevilla and Villarreal.
- Athletic Bilbao have already scored seven headed goals this season - a league-high.
- Fernando Llorente has already netted three goals against Real Madrid in La Liga, all headers.
- Athletic and Real have been the most prolific sides in the last 15 minutes of play in La Liga, scoring seven and six goals respectively.
Real Sociedad v Atletico Madrid
- Real Sociedad have won their last seven meetings at home against Atletico Madrid in La Liga.
- Atletico's last win in San Sebastian came in September 1991 (2-0): since then, the hosts have gone 13 games unbeaten against the Colchoneros in the top-flight.
- Martín Lasarte's side have won their last three league games at home without conceding a single goal.
- Atletico have instead lost their last three away from home, failing to score in the last two.
- Quique Sánchez Flores' side have picked up only four of their 17 points in this competition away from home.
- Atletico Madrid and Real Sociedad have lost all of the games in which they have been trailing this season (four for the Colchoneros and five for the Basques).
- Real Sociedad have already won 184 fouls this season: the most in La Liga so far.
- David De Gea is the goalkeeper who has made the most saves in La Liga this season (61).
Villarreal v Valencia
- These two sides have met 22 times in La Liga so far: Villarreal lead in the head-to-head by 10 wins to eight, with four draws.
- Valencia have beaten Villarreal only once in their last seven league meetings, while the Yellow Submarine took all three points in five of these games.
- Villarreal have also won six of their last seven league meetings at home against Valencia.
- Last Saturday's 3-1 defeat against Barcelona ended Villarreal's nine-game unbeaten streak in La Liga (seven wins and two draws).
- At the Madrigal, Juan Carlos Garrido's side have won all of their games this season, conceding only one goal in total.
- Last Sunday Valencia got back to winning ways following a four-game run in which they picked up only one point.
- Away from home, Unai Emery's side lost their last two games against Barcelona and Sevilla.
- Valencia have been the most prolific side in the opening 15 minutes of play this season (six goals), while Villarreal have netted the most in the first half so far (15).
- Villarreal have taken the most points from trailing situations (eight).