Spanish La Liga Opta Facts - 6-7 November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Almeria v Sporting Gijon
- These two sides have met eight times in La Liga, Sporting lead by four wins to two.
- Sporting have scored exactly one goal in each of their last four meetings with Almeria in the league (enough for two 1-0 wins).
- Almeria are unbeaten at home against Sporting (two draws between 1979 and 1980 and two wins in the last two seasons).
- Almeria have won only one of their last 11 league fixtures, and have drawn three of the last four by the same scoreline (1-1).
- Almeria are still winless at home in this campaign (three draws and one defeat).
- Sporting have picked up only one point away from home this season, the joint-worst record in La Liga.
- Sporting have failed to score in four of their last five games on the road.
- Almeria are the only side yet to concede a goal in the last 30 minutes of play.
- Sporting have conceded the joint-most in the second half (nine).
Espanyol v Malaga
- Espanyol are the side against whom Malaga have managed the most wins in La Liga (21).
- These two sides have not shared the points in their last 15 meetings in the top-flight: seven wins to Espanyol and eight to Malaga.
- Overall, Espanyol have not drawn in their last 14 league fixtures (seven wins, seven defeats).
- The Catalans have won on each of the last four occasions they hosted Malaga in the league.
- Mauricio Pochettino's side are on a run of five consecutive wins at home.
- Malaga have lost their last three fixtures, and have picked up only one point in the last five match-days of this campaign (1-1 v Almeria).
- All of Malaga's seven points in this campaign have come away from home.
- Espanyol have conceded the most goals in the last 15 minutes of play (seven), while Malaga are the side that have shipped the most in the first half (12).
- Overall, the Catalans have conceded the joint-most goals in the second half (nine).
- Malaga have dropped the most points from leading situations so far in La Liga (eight).
Getafe v Barcelona
- Getafe have won only one of their 12 meetings with Barcelona in La Liga (2-0 at the Coliseum in November 2007); three draws and eight wins for Barca complete the record.
- The Blaugrana have won the last three meetings with Getafe conceding only one goal in the process.
- Getafe have failed to score in the last two occasions they have hosted the Blaugrana at the Coliseum in the league.
- Míchel's side have won four of their last five league fixtures at home, losing the other one with Malaga.
- After losing their opening game against Hercules, Barcelona have notched-up six wins and a draw in the league.
- Pep Guardiola's side would be top of the La Liga table taking into account only the games played away from home with 12 points.
- Last Saturday Lionel Messi scored his 20th brace in La Liga; the Argentinean has netted 14 goals in 13 games in all competitions this season.
Levante v Deportivo La Coruña
- Deportivo have won five of the eight meetings played in the top flight against Levante, including the last two.
- These two sides have shared only one draw in their previous eight meetings in La Liga.
- Levante have failed to score in six of the eight meetings against Deportivo in the league, including the last three.
- The four previous meetings in Valencia have either ended in a 2-0 win for the hosts or a 1-0 win for the guests (both accrued twice).
- Last Sunday's 3-0 win against Espanyol ended a run of nine consecutive fixtures without a win for the Galicians in La Liga.
- Away from home, Depor are winless in their last 17 fixtures between this and last season, and have picked up only one point from the last 10 games on the road.
- Deportivo have scored only one goal in their last five games away from the Riazor.
- Deportivo have scored only one goal in the first half this season - a league-low.
Osasuna v Hercules
- This will be the first ever meeting between these two sides in the top-flight.
- However, Osasuna and Hercules have met 26 times in other competitions: the team from Alicante lead by 11 wins to nine, with six draws completing the record.
- The last two meetings were in the last-16 of the Copa del Rey in January, with Osasuna going through to the next round on away goals.
- Osasuna are unbeaten in their last 10 home games (five wins and as many draws).
- Hercules have picked up only two points from the last four match-days of this campaign, in light of draws against Villarreal and Almeria.
- This season, David Trezeguet & co. have collected five points from their four away games in the league, losing only at Getafe so far.
- Trezeguet has already scored five goals from his 18 total attempts this season (28% conversion rate).
- Eight of Hercules nine goals this season have been scored in the first half; the team from Alicante have netted the fewest so far after the break.
Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid
- Atletico's last win in a derby against Real was in October 1999 (3-1 at the Berbabeu).
- Since then the Merengues have won 11 of their ensuing 17 meetings with Atletico, sharing the points on six occasions.
- The last two derbies between these two sides in La Liga ended with the same result (3-2 for Real).
- The last eight fixtures between these two sides at the Bernabeu have alternated between home wins and draws.
- The Merengues are on a run of four consecutive wins in the league, in which they have always scored three or more goals.
- Overall, Real boast the best attack (25 goals scored) and defence (five conceded) in La Liga this season.
- Atletico have won only one of their last 14 away games in La Liga, and lost the last two against Sevilla and Villarreal.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is currently La Liga's top-scorer with 12 goals; the Portuguese player has netted two or more in each of the last four fixtures.
- Real Madrid have conceded only one goal in the first half so far - a competition-low.
Real Sociedad v Racing Santander
- Real Sociedad have not scored a single goal in the last two meetings against Racing, in 2006/07.
- Racing have managed to score only once in their last four visits at the Anoeta, enough for a win in September 2004.
- Real Sociedad have won three of their last four league fixtures.
- Martín Lasarte's side have also won three out of four at home this season, without conceding a single goal; a 2-1 defeat against Real Madrid completes their record.
- Racing have collected only one point from their last six games away from home.
- Miguel Ángel Portugal would be joint-bottom of the table taking into account only away games of this campaign.
- Racing have conceded the most goals in the opening 15 minutes of their games (six).
Real Zaragoza v Mallorca
- Mallorca have beaten Real Zaragoza 17 times in La Liga so far; only Espanyol have suffered more defeats against Mallorca in the top-flight so far (18).
- Mallorca are unbeaten in their last five meetings against Real Zaragoza in La Liga (three wins and two draws).
- The last two meetings played at the Romareda between these two sides ended in a draw; prior to that, the hosts had won twice against Mallorca.
- Real Zaragoza are winless in their last 11 league games, their worst run in the top-flight since 2003.
- José Aurelio Gay's side are the only team yet to win a game in this campaign (four draws and five defeats so far).
- Mallorca have won their last two games by 2-1; the last time they managed three consecutive wins in the league was between April and May 2009.
Sevilla v Valencia
- These two sides have met 130 times in La Liga so far: Valencia lead by 62 wins to 46, with only 22 draws.
- Sevilla have won four of their last five meetings at home against Valencia.
- The club from Andalucia have kept a clean sheet in four of the last five occasions they have hosted Valencia at the Sánchez Pizjuán.
- Sevilla have kept only one clean sheet in their last 14 league games and have conceded 10 goals in the last three of this campaign.
- Valencia have failed to win their last three games against Barcelona, Mallorca and Real Zaragoza; the last time they failed to win more than three consecutive games in La Liga was between February and March 2009.
- However, away from home Valencia have won three out of four games this season, losing only at the Camp Nou against Barca.
- Sevilla have been the only side able to win two of the games in which they've been behind, gaining six points from trailing situations - currently a league-high.
Villarreal v Athletic Bilbao
- Villarreal have won seven of their last eight meetings against Athletic Bilbao in La Liga, with the Basque side having the better once.
- The Yellow Submarine have won their last six against Athletic at the Madrigal.
- Overall Villarreal have beaten Athletic 11 times in the top-flight: only Racing have been defeated more times by Villarreal so far (13).
- After losing their opening fixture against Real Sociedad, Villarreal have notched-up six wins and two draws in the league, enough to secure third spot in the table behind Real Madrid and Barcelona.
- Juan Carlos Garrido's side are on a run of five consecutive wins at home, and have not conceded a single goal in the process.
- Between this and last campaign, Villarreal have won 11 of the last 12 fixtures played at home, losing only against Valencia in the process.
- Athletic have won only one of their last 16 away games, and have picked up only one point from the last three away from the San Mames.
- Villarreal have been the most prolific side before half-time this season, with 12 goals scored.
- Villarreal have lost only one of the games in which they were trailing, winning one and sharing the points on two occasions.