Spanish La Liga Opta Facts - 22-24 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Espanyol v Malaga
- Espanyol have conceded six goals in their first three games of the season - they had conceded only five in their previous 11.
- After six consecutive home wins, the Catalans suffered their first defeat against Real Madrid two weeks ago.
- The last time that these two sides shared the points in Barcelona was in 1984 - 0-0.
- Malaga have lost their last four away games in La Liga, scoring just once in the process.
Xerez v Deportivo
- Xerez are the only team yet to score a league goal this term.
- Depor have suffered two 3-2 defeats in their last three games.
- Deportivo have failed to score in only one of their last nine away matches in the league.
- Xerex have already been given three red cards in their first three games in the top flight.
Tenerife v Athletic
- The last time that Athletic won three consecutive league games was in March 2008 (v Valladolid, Betis and Getafe).
- In their last four visits to the island, Athletic have managed three wins and one draw. They had never won in their previous eight visits.
- The last Athletic win by more than a one goal margin was back in December 2007 when the Basque club won 3-0 in Valencia.
- Tenerife have not drawn any of their last 11 top-flight fixtures, collecting three wins and suffering eight defeats.
Valladolid v Osasuna
- Valladolid have not won in six games at home in la Liga; suffering three draws and three defeats.
- Valladolid have scored four goals in their last two games - they had netted as many in the previous 11.
- Valladolid's win against Zaragoza was their first in 14 league matches.
- The last six league encounters between these two sides have ended in a draw.
Sporting v Zaragoza
- Manolo Preciado's team have won their last three home games in la Liga.
- These two sides have never played out a goalless draw in the league in Gijon.
- Real Zaragoza have scored one goal in each of the three games played so far this term.
- The last Zaragoza away win in la Liga came against Almeria in October 2007 (1-0).
Getafe v Valencia
- David Villa has scored two goals in each of the last two league games.
- Getafe started the season by scoring four goals in their opening game but have failed to net any in the following two matches.
- Last season, Valencia scored three goals in this same fixture while they had netted just one in their previous four visits to the Coliseum Alfonso Perez.
- Valencia have won four and lost nine of their last 14 away league fixtures.
Atletico v Almeria
- Atletico have conceded the most goals (9) and Almeria the fewest, alongside Mallorca (1).
- Atletico's keeper Roberto conceded five goals against Barcelona, this despite facing only six shots.
- Atletico have won eight games at home in the top league against Almeria scoring 15 goals in four games.
Racing v Barcelona
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has averaged a goal a game in the league so far.
- Racing's last win against the Catalans in the league was in January 2004 - 3-0.
- Since then, the two sides have met 11 times in the league and Racing have managed to score just five goals.
Villarreal v Real Madrid
- Villarreal have not kept a clean sheet in their last 10 league fixtures.
- Villarreal draw against Mallorca was their first at home since January (v Osasuna).
- When at Villarreal, Pellegrini won just twice against Real Madrid in the league, both times at home, including a 3-2 win last year.
- However, those two wins are the only two managed by the Yellow Submarines against Madrid in the top-flight.
Sevilla v Mallorca
- Sevilla have won seven and lost four of the last 11 home games.
- Last season, Sevilla kept the most clean sheets (18) and they kept their first of the season against Osasuna on Saturday.
- Mallorca's last defeat in the league was at the Sanchez Pizjuan last term (3-1).
- Mallorca have lost only three times in their last 20 league games.