Spanish La Liga Opta Facts - 3-4 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Xerez v Malaga
- Xerez have not scored a single goal in their first five league games.
- After their win in the opening game of the season, Malaga have lost their four ensuing league matches.
- Malaga have kept just one clean sheet in their last 17 away league games.
- The Andalucians have lost their last five league games away from home.
Villarreal v Espanyol
- Espanyol have taken the most points after conceding first, six.
- Villarreal have lost all three games in which they have conceded first and drawn both games in which they took the lead.
- The Catalonians have not scored in their last four league visits to Villarreal.
- Espanyol have scored 11 goals in their last five league away games.
Tenerife v Deportivo
- Tenerife have scored just three goals so far, all at home, which have won them six points.
- All three goals have come after the break.
- Deportivo have lost just once in their last six top-flight visits to the island.
- Deportivo have won three of their last four league games and kept three clean sheets at the same time.
Sevilla v Real Madrid
- Real Madrid have kept the most clean sheets so far in La Liga, four in five games.
- Sevilla have kept three of these, and last season they kept the most (18).
- After losing their opening league game, Sevilla have now won four in a row, scoring 12 and conceding just one.
- Real have already scored four goals from substitutes.
Valladolid v Athletic
- Valladolid's last home win in La Liga came back in March, 1-0 v Getafe, since then drawing three and losing four.
- In 2009 Valladolid have only twice managed more than one goal at home.
- Athletic have won once and lost five times in their last seven visits to Valladolid, failing to score in five of these.
- In their last 12 away games in the league, the Basques have scored more than one goal on only one occasion and have won just twice.
- The last league draw between these two sides at Valladolid was back in 2000 (0-0).
Sporting v Mallorca
- Mallorca have conceded in each of their last eight away games in the league.
- Mallorca have won in their last two visits to Asturia.
- Sporting have kept just one clean sheet in their last 22 league fixtures.
- Eight of the ten goals scored by Mallorca so far have been netted in the second half.
- In the last three seasons that these two sides have met in the top flight they have won three games each and without a single draw.
Getafe v Osasuna
- Osasuna have managed the fewest shots on target, just 13.
- Getafe have failed to score, and lost, three of their last four league matches.
- Osasuna have failed to score in four of their last five visits to Getafe in the top flight.
- Four of the seven goals conceded by Getafe have come in the last 15 minutes of matches.
Atletico v Zaragoza
- Atletico have not won in their first five league games, something that has happened to them only once before in La Liga.
- The Colchoneros have conceded the most goals, 13.
- Since 1998, Atletico have won just once at home against Zaragoza in the top division, 4-0 in their last encounter in October 2007.
- Atletico have failed to score at the Calderon on only one occasion in their last 29 league home matches.
- A 1-0 victory at Almeria in October 2007 is the only win Zaragoza have in their last 30 league matches in the top flight.
Racing v Valencia
- David Villa has attempted the most shots on target in La Liga, 14, and scored the most goals, six.
- Racing have lost their first two home games of the season, shipping eight goals in the process.
- In their last 11 league visits to the Sardinero, Valencia have only once found the net more than once.
- "Los Che" have lost four of their last five away fixtures in La Liga.
- Valencia have kept just one clean sheet in their last 15 away trips in the league.
Barcelona v Almeria
- Barcelona have scored eight goals from set piece situations, half of their total.
- Xavi has already provided four assists.
- Almeria's Kalu Uche has been caught offside the most this season, 12 times.
- In the top division, Barcelona have never lost against Almeria.
- Almeria have lost four times in four visits to the Nou Camp in the league without scoring a single goal.