Spanish La Liga Opta Facts - 30-31 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atletico Madrid v Almeria
- This will be the 11th meeting between these two sides in the top-flight: Atletico lead by four wins to three, with three draws.
- However, last season Almeria remained unbeaten, holding the Colchoneros to a 2-2 draw at the Calderon, before winning at home 1-0.
- That 2-2 draw ended a run of four consecutive wins for Atletico at home against Almeria in La Liga.
- Atletico have not shared the points in their last 19 games at home in the league (13 wins, including the last two, and six defeats).
- Atletico have not conceded goals in three of their last four games at home, while Almeria have failed to score in three of their last four on the road.
Athletic Bilbao v Getafe
- Getafe are unbeaten in their last four league meetings against Athletic (two wins and as many draws).
- The record of previous meetings between these two sides at the San Mames is three wins for Athletic, two for Getafe and a draw (2-2 in the last meeting, back in March).
- The Basques have lost three of their last four league games, while Getafe have won three in their last four without conceding a single goal.
- Only Malaga (19) have conceded more goals than Athletic (14) so far in this campaign.
- The Basque side have also scored the most goals in the last 15 minutes of play (six).
- Getafe have conceded 70% of their goals (seven out of ten) after the break this season.
Barcelona v Sevilla
- Barcelona have won their last four La Liga encounters against Sevilla, scoring 14 goals in the process.
- Barcelona won 4-0 in their last two competitive home games against Sevilla (Super Cup and La Liga), with Lionel Messi scoring five goals in the process.
- Sevilla have lost all of their last six trips to the Camp Nou in La Liga, conceding at least two goals in each of these defeats.
- Sevilla have kept just one clean sheet this season in La Liga, only Málaga have managed as few.
- The Blaugrana are on a run of five wins and a draw in the league, never conceding more than one goal per game in the process.
- Lionel Messi has netted eight goals in eight La Liga appearances against Sevilla.
- Sevilla have not registered a single draw on the road in La Liga since the 2008/09 season, a run of 24 away games (12 wins and as many defeats).
Deportivo La Coruña v Espanyol
- Espanyol have won their last three league meetings against Deportivo.
- However, prior to last September's 3-2 defeat, Deportivo had kept three consecutive clean sheets at home against Espanyol.
- These two sides have shared the points only once in the last 12 league meetings at the Riazor (0-0 in January 2007).
- Deportivo are still winless this season, in light of four draws and as many defeats in the first eight match-days of La Liga.
- The Galician side have failed to score in four of their last five fixtures in La Liga, and currently have the competition's worst attack with three goals.
- Espanyol have not shared the points in their last 13 league fixtures (seven wins, including the last two, and six defeats).
- A 1-0 win at Mallorca's ground ended a run of five consecutive defeats on the road for the Catalans between this and last season, in which they had not scored a single goal.
Hércules v Real Madrid
- Real Madrid have never lost an away match against Hércules: 15 wins and four draws in Alicante, it is currently their longest away run without ever losing against a single La Liga opponent.
- Real Madrid are unbeaten in their last 14 away games in the league, their longest run since 1997.
- Real Madrid are yet to fall behind during a league game this season, and have not conceded a single goal in the first half so far.
- Real Madrid have scored the most goals (22) and conceded the fewest (four) this season in La Liga.
- Real Madrid have scored four goals or more in their last three Liga games, the Merengues had not managed such a prolific run since 1989.
- 88% of Hércules goals have been netted in the first half of games (seven out of eight), a La Liga record this season.
Malaga v Real Sociedad
- These two sides have met 50 times so far in La Liga: the record is perfectly even, with both teams winning 18 times, and 14 draws.
- Real Sociedad have won three of the last four meetings against Malaga at La Rosaleda, but the hosts had the better in the last one, in November 2005.
- Malaga have picked up only one point from their last three league games (a 1-1 draw against Almeria), and are on a run of four consecutive defeats at home.
- Real Sociedad have collected only one point on the road this season, and have lost their last three games away from home.
- Malaga have the worst defence of this campaign (19 goals conceded so far).
- Malaga have dropped the most points from leading situations in La Liga this season (eight).
Mallorca v Levante
- Monday games have produced an average of four goals per match (24 goals in six games) this season in La Liga.
- Mallorca are unbeaten in their last four encounters against Levante in La Liga, winning three and drawing one.
- Mallorca have conceded just one goal at the Iberostar Estadi this season, only Villarreal have shipped fewer at home (0).
- A Mallorca player has netted a brace in each of the last two La Liga meetings between these two sides (Daniel Güiza on 20th January 2008 and Ariel Ibagaza on 26th August 2007).
- Levante have won just 11 of their 91 away games in La Liga history, one of these victories was at Mallorca (2-1 in 2005).
Racing Santander v Osasuna
- Racing are unbeaten in their last 10 league meetings against Osasuna, and have kept a clean sheet in five of these games.
- Racing are also unbeaten in the last seven at home against Osasuna, though they have been held to a 1-1 draw in the last two.
- Racing have scored exactly one goal on each of their last four occasions they have hosted Osasuna at El Sardinero in La Liga.
- The goalless draw in their last away game against Deportivo ended a run of 11 consecutive defeats on the road for Osasuna in La Liga.
- The team from Pamplona have not scored a single goal in their last four games on the road in this competition.
- Racing have conceded the most goals in the first 15 minutes of play this season in La Liga (six).
Sporting Gijon v Villarreal
- This will be the fifth meeting between these two sides in La Liga: Villarreal have won three times, with Sporting having the better in the last meeting at El Molinon, last November.
- Sporting have managed only two wins in their last 18 league fixtures, the last coming in their last game at home (2-0 against Sevilla).
- After losing on the opening day of this campaign (1-0 against Real Sociedad), Villarreal have notched-up six wins and one draw in their ensuing seven games, enough to reach second spot in La Liga, one point behind Real Madrid.
- This is currently Villarreal's best ever start to a top-flight campaign (19 points).
- Villarreal have already scored 12 goals in the first half this season - a league-high.
- Sporting have lost each of the four games in which they have fallen behind this term, while Villarreal have a 100% record in the six games in which they have taken the lead so far.
Valencia v Real Zaragoza
- Real Zaragoza have not won any of their last 15 trips to the Mestalla in the top flight (10 defeats and five draws), a run that started in 1994.
- Real Zaragoza have not won any of their last 10 La Liga games, losing six and drawing four, currently the longest winless run in the Spanish top flight.
- Valencia and Athletic Bilbao are the only teams who have scored in all eight match days this season.
- Zaragoza have had a player sent off in each of the last three match days.
- Real Zaragoza have won just seven of their 32 La Liga games under manager José Aurelio Gay (11 draws and 14 defeats completed the record).
- Valencia are the most prolific Liga team in the opening 15 minutes of games this season with five goals.